Ben is a real kite friend, and friend who will always remain a friend.
If I recall correctly Ben took on his post at Revolution around 2004 which gives him about 10 years on the job. His accomplishments there were superb.
I am starting a list here of some of the accomplishments which I hope you all will add to:
- He brought out the race rod, green race rod, silver bullet rod and the new diamond rod.
- He brought out the Rev 1.5 B series, which was followed by the B-Pro from Bazzer
- He brought out the Rev 1.5 New York Minute that he designed.
- He brought out the B2 (new REV II).
- He brought out the ZEN made by Bazzer.
- He recovered the Masterpiece series adding a long list of kite makers.
- He brought about the printed Revolution 1.5s.
- He traveled continuously to Kite festivals promoting the Revolution kite despite a continuous health issue.
- He listened to other REV fliers about what they wanted and how he could help them.
So, come on everyone please add to our great friends accomplishments while at Revolution.
I guess I need to say something and first let me say thank you one and all and God bless you all, John thank you for saying such nice things about me but in truth all these things were and will always be a team thing...... Thanks to Joe first and foremost for helping me to make my visions real and work..... Thanks to Dave for putting the hours of research on these projects and dreams and making them a real product, then to Lolly for putting up with my madness and then putting these visions / products out there for the public and making sure people other than us could enjoy them too....... So there is no question on whats next for Ben well it's nothing really but get healthy and pay my bills and enjoy life on lifes terms..... As most of you know I've battled my own demons and health issues and I'm just not going to be in the office but I will always be a part of Revolution, nothing has changed there, I will still do events and give lessons on invites, I will continue to develop new kite designs and ideas, I just cant sit in the office day after day and I cant continue to travel over 300 days a year so I felt it was best for me to step back and enjoy some of my other hobbies...... I talk to Joe often and am always working on projects with him so dont think things are going to be lost, hell I got to much of my heart and soul in this Rev thing to just let it go...... I helped create a legacy and you cant just turn this off paycheck or not, like I said I will get healthy again and I may make the road my home again if I do this Ill see how that goes but for now Ill work on other tasks and projects, attend a few events as time and invites allow and follow the general direction of Rev kites as company and always add my two cents ( your not rid of me yet Lolly ), but really Family I'm here for you if you have questions or problems and as always I'll help you if I can......Ben