Bens still Mad In March

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#21 cathyt

cathyt
  • Forum Member
  • 34 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 04:44 PM

The sport, the passion, the Family, the world of kiting, I got a really good email from one of you and after rereading it several times I felt the need to share with you my Family how this sport, this thing we all share has changed and molded me into a better person and given me a new lease and love of life. As most of us I've been around the block once or twice and when I came to kiting I was tired not the kind of tired that rest cures but tired in my soul and this sport of kiting gave me rest, it does not matter if the winds blowing, or if it's raining, or if it's cold, I'm there with my kite just living this life of mine to the best of my ability. Not to say that the road I'm on today has not had it's share of bumps and detours it has, and as some of you know my personal life has had some very mean curves in it that are by no means over yet. I have someone I love who even as I write this may never know the joy of the sun on her face or the sweet smell of a summer breeze again, but thru this sport I was able to share that with her before she got sick. These are what keep me here those moments in time that when they are going on don't mean a whole lot but upon time are a huge shaping force in my life, moments frozen in time that I can go back to when the world seems to be getting to heavy that give me relief. I'm sure some of you will understand and some of you will not but thats okay cause I know that if you stick around long enough in this sport you to will get here and then you will know that what we have is not just a sport but a passion that we must share with others and thru this sharing we will have made a little slideshow in our minds that we can go back to for relief when the weight of the world wants to weigh us down. I want to thank each and every one of you for what you've done for me as a person and for what you've done for kiting and more importantly I want to thank you for giving me a place in time to releave my burdens and help to carry the load when life is to heavy for me alone..... Thanks Family.......Ben

Ben,

Thank you for sharing this with us....it's not easy to bare one's soul, but we are family and we're here for you...always.

Cathy :)

#22 MrDenny

MrDenny

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 651 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 08:22 PM

I am introducing my granddaughter to kites in this pic. :wub:
beachkite.jpg
Next year she will fly the Revs.

Denny #12

.. .

Posted Image

#23 beach

beach

Rev Guru

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,858 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 07:48 AM

I am introducing my granddaughter to kites in this pic. :wub:
beachkite.jpg
Next year she will fly the Revs.

Nice my friend hope to see ya soon.......Ben

#24 mdilucca

mdilucca

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 349 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 03:16 PM

Hey Ben, Spring is here and it's time to teach how to fly revs!!!!

Here is with my daughter Megan!!

IMG_0020.JPG

IMG_0024.JPG

Here is with my friend Holger!

IMG_0002.JPG

Cheers
Mario

Cheers

Mario

Island_quad_logoSmall_50_zps817bf301.jpg

#25 mdilucca

mdilucca

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 349 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 03:22 PM

Here is with my wife Barb!

IMG_0030.JPG

Here is with my daughter Carmen!!

IMG_0032.JPG

Here is a bit of learning from the "Boss" Steve De Rooy!!!

n558862901_261075_7161.jpg

Cheers
Mario

Cheers

Mario

#26 nobodyspecial

nobodyspecial

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 574 posts

Posted 23 March 2008 - 05:08 PM

Well Ben, On saturday while i was attending the East Coast Rev Clinic, I actually got the chance to get someone interested in Rev flying, and i don't think anybody got a picture. It was the early afternoon, and i decided to tool around with my progresive stack while doing this i noticed someone walking down the beach and me being me decided "moving target" and started flying the stack to the out side of the wind window becuase the lady walking down seemed very interested in the kite flying. After a few minutes of goofing off the lady decided to approach me and ask about the kites, turns out that this lady was a 16 year veteran of the army, and an iraq vet to boot, recently discharged becuase of having some shrapnel pulled out of her back. To make a long story short she really liked the idea of flying kites, and after a few minutes i told her to give me a second to get another rev that wouldn't put much stress on her back, and i would teach her how to fly (insert horrible training due to lack of a natural ability to tell someone when there doing something wrong) well I spent about 2 hours trying to get this lady (TL was her name) to understand the basic mechanics, and coax her through the simple things, I ended up calling ant over to help me out because i knew that i could get more creative input that way, before the end of the day we atleast had the basic ideas working, she just needs more practice and to be able to relax alittle while flying. I also talked ant into helping her out more if she showed up today, because i had to go to work and couldn't stay for the third day of the clinic. If anybody got any pictures of me helping TL would you please send me a PM so i can attach it?

#27 beach

beach

Rev Guru

• Forum Member
  • 1,858 posts

Posted 23 March 2008 - 09:32 PM

Well Ben, On saturday while i was attending the East Coast Rev Clinic, I actually got the chance to get someone interested in Rev flying, and i don't think anybody got a picture. It was the early afternoon, and i decided to tool around with my progresive stack while doing this i noticed someone walking down the beach and me being me decided "moving target" and started flying the stack to the out side of the wind window becuase the lady walking down seemed very interested in the kite flying. After a few minutes of goofing off the lady decided to approach me and ask about the kites, turns out that this lady was a 16 year veteran of the army, and an iraq vet to boot, recently discharged becuase of having some shrapnel pulled out of her back. To make a long story short she really liked the idea of flying kites, and after a few minutes i told her to give me a second to get another rev that wouldn't put much stress on her back, and i would teach her how to fly (insert horrible training due to lack of a natural ability to tell someone when there doing something wrong) well I spent about 2 hours trying to get this lady (TL was her name) to understand the basic mechanics, and coax her through the simple things, I ended up calling ant over to help me out because i knew that i could get more creative input that way, before the end of the day we atleast had the basic ideas working, she just needs more practice and to be able to relax alittle while flying. I also talked ant into helping her out more if she showed up today, because i had to go to work and couldn't stay for the third day of the clinic. If anybody got any pictures of me helping TL would you please send me a PM so i can attach it?

Very good my friend.....Ben

#28 Revkitedancer

Revkitedancer
  • Forum Member
  • 49 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 05:06 AM

I'm getting closer.

I don't suppose a picture of me giving lessons in the latest AKA magazine counts? I'm not sure who took the picture. BB Penny

#29 AldenMiler

AldenMiler

Bazzer P Wannabe

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,435 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 05:52 AM

I didn't get any pictures of Professor Danny at work but I will attest that what he says is true. I was trying Ant's Blast stack while Danny was at work right near me teaching her how to fly.

-Alden
"Don't go in there!" RC

#30 cathyt

cathyt
  • Forum Member
  • 34 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 10:19 PM

This is way cool and I want to send you a shirt please respond to my personal email which is
beachbeach13@yahoo.com with a size and an address please......Ben :blue-cool:

Hi Ben,
Got my t-shirt in the mail today - thank you sooooo much. I will wear it proudly.
Thanx again,
C :kid_smartass:

#31 mousieo

mousieo

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 842 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 10:33 AM

HI Benny,

Charlie mouse here..

I teach anywhere from 12-20 children how to build kites once a week for 8 weeks, and then do the same at a different schools. Because it is only me we concentrate on building kites the kids can make on their own in one session, and then fly. I know its not a rev, but I take my revs in to show them, and I use the videos of iquad, Tristan Underwood (their hero!) Penny, and many others flying revs to enlighten them. You should hear them the first time they see a video of Tristan flying a rev indoors.. or iQuad doing a ball to burst.. its like.. this massive breath in.. and then wowwwwwwwwwwwwwww.. it gives me goosebumps every single time.

So anyway, I don't need anything, just wanted to let you know I am doing my part to educate and interest future fliers. And I have a great time doing it.

hugs amy

#32 melnsct

melnsct

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 747 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 03:29 PM

082_teaching_John_B_how_to_do_an_AXELDENT.jpg

This is ME teaching John Barresi the newest move I invented...the AXELDENT.
Melanie
Melanie in Tennessee

#33 antman

antman

king of wildwood

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,213 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 04:02 PM

from student to teacher.. i told you mel .. :kid_smartass:
GOD PUT ME HERE. TO ENJOY THE WINDS

#34 beach

beach

Rev Guru

• Forum Member
  • 1,858 posts

Posted 06 April 2008 - 07:45 PM

I want each and every one of you to know how proud of you I am with how much your all working on this post, and to let
you know were winning them over one kite at a time......Ben

Attached Thumbnails

• DSC00563_2.JPG

#35 beach

beach

Rev Guru

• Forum Member
  • 1,858 posts

Posted 15 April 2008 - 02:04 PM

Hello Family and we have a winner,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Mario where are you email me at beachbeach13@yahoo.com cause I've
come out of my madness and want to send you a prize but want to know what you really need and where to send it.........
Ben

#36 Watty

Watty

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • 1,867 posts

Posted 16 April 2008 - 09:12 AM

Congratulations Mario!!!

Spence "Watty" Watson

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#37 brad

brad

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 558 posts

Posted 16 April 2008 - 05:46 PM

I want each and every one of you to know how proud of you I am with how much your all working on this post, and to let

This picture is of Ian Willougby at smithsonian this year

#38 Love2fly

Love2fly

All Revved up... where do you want to fly?

• Forum Member
  • 2,870 posts

Posted 16 April 2008 - 06:56 PM

Hi Ben
... and it truly is one kite at a time. I've been flying SLK for a few years: probably five days a week. (Prior to the Rev Clinic in March). Every day there are always people intrigued by the shapes, sizes and the fact that they're "flying without me running". Their faces just light up and everyone is smiling. Young and old, everyone wants to fly my kites and of course, I let them. So, to keep the kids' interest peaked, I always have smaller kites on hand to give to the kids to keep so that they can fly on their own in the hope that they'll be hooked like we all are. I've gotten people who haven't flown in years interested again, and newbies into kite flying. Now, with my love of Revs, as I learn, I'm sharing; every step of the way!!...and still giving kites to the kids (which puts a smile on my face). This is something that I've been passionate about long before I knew of AKA, clubs or forums to share and learn from other kite lovers.
Laura

*** Any day flying is a good day; have a great one! 
**** REVS: Fly it, you'll like it!
***** L.S.P. ... It's worth the trip!

Posted Image

#39 mdilucca

mdilucca

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 349 posts

Posted 16 April 2008 - 09:34 PM

Hello Family and we have a winner,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Mario where are you email me at beachbeach13@yahoo.com cause I've
come out of my madness and want to send you a prize but want to know what you really need and where to send it.........
Ben

WOW, thank you Ben! I can't believe it that I was the lucky one out of the many awesome rev fans that you collected here!!! Thank you so much!!!!

Cheers
Mario

Cheers

Mario

#40 Sailor99

Sailor99

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • 2,334 posts

Posted 16 April 2008 - 10:50 PM

Nice one Mario :clap; - Hope you really enjoy your prize. :king:
Over - Jeremy

Posted Image

Knowledge: The small part of ignorance that we arrange and classify.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users