This Saturday, 3/8/08; The Deuce!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 TeeCee

TeeCee
  • Forum Member
  • 21 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 12:31 PM

Join us on the beach at Sand Key Park in Clearwater for the second Annual Mid-Florida Regional Sport Kite Championships (The Deuce)!

This AKA and Eastern League sanctioned event is a Novice-friendly introduction to Sport Kite Competition. Registration is FREE for all first-time competitors in dualline and multiline classes, and a flat $10.00 fee for all current competitors.

Informative and instructional is how we roll at The Deuce. Immediately following the Flier's Meeting, Jay Nunes of iQuad will be offering a FREE multiline competition seminar, after which his students will take the field. First-time dualline competitors will likewise be treated to a competition seminar hosted by our Chief Judge and the AKA Southeast Conference Masters Class fliers.

Prizes! The winners in the Novice Multiline class will be awarded a Revolution 1.5 SLE and a New Tech Spirit. The winners in the Novice Dualline class will receive a CDC Shiva Comp and an HQ Phoenix. For the Grand Prize, the Open Class flier with the highest cumulative score will go home with a... wait for it... MSE from Region 4's own Blue Moon Fabrications!

And of course, the FUN stuff. Time permitting, ALL competitors are invited to strut their stuff one more time at the IROC Mystery Ballet. Everybody will get different mystery music, but everybody will be flying THE SAME KITE. Will it be a Machine? A Mamba? A little something special from Air Ouevre of St. Petersburg? Posted ImageI dunno... Posted Image

Scheduled to appear at The Deuce...

Rob Autrey
Robbie Boerth
Paul de Bakker
Ted Goodman
Spencer Meeks
Jay Nunes
Lisa Willoughby

An admin note... it's metered parking at Sand Key. Make sure you have a roll of quarters with you, or you can purchase coins on the grounds.

MFRSKC II (The Deuce) is hosted by the Sunset Flyers Kite Club of Clearwater, and is sponsored by

SASKC
Kitesville
GWTW
New Tech Kites

#2 Jay Nunes

Jay Nunes

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 10:46 AM

Looking Like Showers in the AM and then HUGE Winds....
24 mph NW by 1pm... Get out the Vented Rev's :blue-confused:

http://www.wunderground.com/
I went here and put in our Zip.. 33755
Then Clicked Saturday... Hourly...

Any other good sites out there for weather?

Kiting Tampa Bay Web Site

Kitemania

February 7-8 2014 Treasure Island Beach..
The NON_Festival weekend of flying...

#3 TeeCee

TeeCee
  • Forum Member
  • 21 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 08:35 AM

Keeping everyone informed...

Due to safety and weather considerations, we're pushing The Deuce back from Saturday to Sunday. Same place, same time.

This decision is made with providing a quality learning experience for our first-time competitors as the main priority.

#4 Jay Nunes

Jay Nunes

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 08:50 AM

Keeping everyone informed...

Due to safety and weather considerations, we're pushing The Deuce back from Saturday to Sunday. Same place, same time.

This decision is made with providing a quality learning experience for our first-time competitors as the main priority.

I am sorry to say I have a committment on Sunday.. :thumbdown:

I am sure there will be other Masters to help with the Clinic...
Maybe we could set a Rev Clinic in the Near future
For all those interested..

Sorry Gang.. :bye2:
Have fun.

Kiting Tampa Bay Web Site

Kitemania

February 7-8 2014 Treasure Island Beach..
The NON_Festival weekend of flying...

#5 TeeCee

TeeCee
  • Forum Member
  • 21 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 09:12 AM

Thanks for having offered to help in the first place, Jay. It was a very generous thing on your part, and I would like to help in whatever way I can with a future clinic.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users