Cocoa Beach Florida

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 choz06

choz06
  • Forum Member
  • 47 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 08:25 AM

If your on the east coast of Florida you should stop by Cocoa Beach. There is a parking lot right at 16th street. Lots of kite surfers as well as a very very friendly kiting beach.
Posted Image
Thou shall fly a REV (11th Commandment)

#2 Roobarb

Roobarb
  • Forum Member
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 April 2008 - 07:03 PM

If your on the east coast of Florida you should stop by Cocoa Beach. There is a parking lot right at 16th street. Lots of kite surfers as well as a very very friendly kiting beach.

Next time your in Cocoa Beach, go up a bit north to Cape Canaveral... its less crowded, and it has the same wind in the afternoon.. :)
John Lutter
www.kitestop.com

#3 MrDenny

MrDenny

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 651 posts

Posted 20 April 2008 - 04:54 AM

If you guys come to Cocoa Beach and don't let me know I will be hurt. I am always looking for Rev'ers to fly with. I have lived here 25 years and flown on every inch of sand around here. If we have a group and want to fly 120' lines the best paces are just South of Coconuts (bar/grill) if you want to be close to bars restaurants etc. or one of my favorites Lorie Wilson Park. 1500 N. Atlantic Ave. I like it because of the rest rooms showers and easy close free parking. Usually there is plenty of room on the beach a hundred yards or so south or North of the life guard stands. I was there yesterday afternoon.
I have never been asked to leave a beach.

Denny #12

.. .

Posted Image

#4 Roobarb

Roobarb
  • Forum Member
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 April 2008 - 11:33 AM

Denny...

I can't believe we haven't met before. I used to own a kiteshop in Cocoa a few years back, and was always on the beach in Cape Canaveral and Lori Wilson..

I still have family up that way, and occasionally head up there on the weekends... I may have to bring some kites up next time and head to the beach.

John.
John Lutter
www.kitestop.com

#5 MrDenny

MrDenny

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 651 posts

Posted 20 April 2008 - 08:52 PM

John,
Next time your going to be up this way let me know and we will fly.
Denny

Denny #12

.. .

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users