#1 Choccy

Choccy

Occasion-al Flyer

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts

Posted 15 February 2008 - 09:19 AM

Hello all,

Where can I find out about general rules (the dos and don'ts) whilst visiting European kite festivals ?

For example in Weymouth (UK) there are strict rules about entering the beach area which is nothing to do with the flying arenas.
I believe you have to acquire a beach pass to enter etc.
So how and where do I obtain such things ?

Is there a similar situation in France, or are they sooooo cool they don't care where you go to watch or fly ?
(as long as it is not in the flying arena, obviously but even then ppl ignore these more obvious rules!)
Do I need a beach pass ?

I just want to be prepared this year.
I am fed up of being told off "you can't fly here" at kite festivals (how ridiculous) :blue-confused:
Yet ppl were allowed to kick balls and play cricket in a crowded area (not impressed) etc

Help required.
No flames.
Thank you.
1 of the 47.

#2 Simon

Simon

Rev Legend

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 856 posts

Posted 15 February 2008 - 02:15 PM

My experience of France for example is... Anyone flys pretty much where ever they want. But the arean in most places is reserved for displays of one sort or another.

Rev flyers can usually get away with flying anywhere, go short, play with the crowd (PS France has no idea of Health & Safety)

Also, if you have a routine and can fly it confidently when called you can always have a word with PA guy. Brighton & Basingstoke has the Worlds Greatest PA guy most years and is always glad to see new victims
:-)

Hello all,

Where can I find out about general rules (the dos and don'ts) whilst visiting European kite festivals ?

For example in Weymouth (UK) there are strict rules about entering the beach area which is nothing to do with the flying arenas.
I believe you have to acquire a beach pass to enter etc.
So how and where do I obtain such things ?

Is there a similar situation in France, or are they sooooo cool they don't care where you go to watch or fly ?
(as long as it is not in the flying arena, obviously but even then ppl ignore these more obvious rules!)
Do I need a beach pass ?

I just want to be prepared this year.
I am fed up of being told off "you can't fly here" at kite festivals (how ridiculous) :blue-confused:
Yet ppl were allowed to kick balls and play cricket in a crowded area (not impressed) etc

Help required.
No flames.
Thank you.

The Flying Squad

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users