• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 03:01 AM

Very Inspiring Ben...
Thank you..

Kiting Tampa Bay Web Site

Kitemania

February 7-8 2014 Treasure Island Beach..
The NON_Festival weekend of flying...

#22 Stone in Shoe Bob

Stone in Shoe Bob

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 09:59 AM

The sooner the whole World becomes Kite flyers in thier minds, the more comfortable this World of ours will become.

You'll never get a parking space on the downs then.
Stone in Shoe Bob

It's Good to Share the Joy.

#23 beach

beach

Rev Staff

• Forum Host
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,856 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 11:39 AM

Hello Family as I get ready to climb in my truck and drive off to Huntington Beach Ca. for kite party if your around stop in and say helllo and fly with
me.......Ben

Wheres Ben

#24 Scott A.

Scott A.

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 01:17 PM

Hello Family as I get ready to climb in my truck and drive off to Huntington Beach Ca. for kite party if your around stop in and say helllo and fly with
me.......Ben

Wheres Ben

I will be with you in spirit, I will watch on the web cam so have a safe 100 mile trip north on the 5, and think about me we got 5 inches of snow today and it's still snowing, have fun and HAPPY BDAY, BEN DANTONIO!
Scott Weider
Team REV RIDERS

#25 beach

beach

Rev Staff

• Forum Host
  • 1,856 posts

Posted 24 February 2008 - 11:08 PM

Well Family what a great weekend and how much fun we've had here at Kite Party, between iQuad and the IKE folks I had to be on my A game for
sure, I'm telling these folks can fly. Then when you add team Too Much Fun to the show you've got some real superstars to deal with, so the line up
was full of great fliers and just a bunch of folks that just wanted to have fun...........Well Family it's late and I need my rest so for now I'll just
say good night and hopefully I'll see you soon...........Ben :blue-cool: :blue-cool: :blue-cool:

#26 beach

beach

Rev Staff

• Forum Host
  • 1,856 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 09:54 AM

Hello Family and as I get ready for the Redondo Beach event this weekend I just wanted to share with you all where
I'll be at this weekend and hope that you'll come out and fly with me and if you want me to bring anything let me know.....
Ben

#27 beach

beach

Rev Staff

• Forum Host
  • 1,856 posts

Posted 25 March 2008 - 08:03 AM

Good Morning Family, well as I prepare to go to the Smithsonian fly in DC I am excited for sure, I
will be with some of my very best friends and also I will be at our nations capital. My plans are to do
the fly and then the next day see where I can get away flying at with out getting in to much trouble.
I figure between me and Kelly and Dennis we should expect to be detained at least twice for flying
in no fly zones, can you say short line sets......... :kid_devlish: I love my job....... So Family being
that I'm traveling fairly light on this one if theres anything you have in mind let me know so I can
bring it with me..... Also Baz the 911 kite is coming with and I'll try to get you some cool photos
of it at are nations capital......... :innocent: This is a big one for me because I've always wanted
to fly at the capital, plus it's the time where I get to see so many of you for the first time after
a long winter........ "Remember peace thru flight" Ben

#28 newflyrgirl

newflyrgirl
  • Forum Member
  • 9 posts

Posted 27 March 2008 - 06:45 AM

Ben,

Maybe we can do Sandy Point on Sunday. The winds are usually always (well almost always) good there. Winds at the mall can be very light, but I know you are always prepared for all conditions.

Joyce

#29 antman

antman

king of wildwood

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,213 posts

Posted 27 March 2008 - 12:17 PM

ben are you going to oc maryland?? i know your going to wildwood in may but i was hopeing to fly with you again on the 25th of april this year
GOD PUT ME HERE. TO ENJOY THE WINDS

#30 beach

beach

Rev Staff

• Forum Host
  • 1,856 posts

Posted 27 March 2008 - 01:18 PM

ben are you going to oc maryland?? i know your going to wildwood in may but i was hopeing to fly with you again on the 25th of april this year

Not this year Ant I'm in Japan.....Ben

#31 AldenMiler

AldenMiler

Bazzer P Wannabe

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,435 posts

Posted 27 March 2008 - 02:25 PM

If you guys are going to Sandy Point on Sunday please let me know! I'll come by and fly with you!

-Alden
"Don't go in there!" RC

#32 beach

beach

Rev Staff

• Forum Host
  • 1,856 posts

Posted 01 April 2008 - 08:15 PM

Hello Family and Smithsonian was a real blast and lots of you came out to play and for that I
want to thank you and a special thanks to Dennis and both the Jeffs and Brad, the day after was alot
of fun even if it was cold. Family if ever theres an event Id say is a must this is the one
and the people there were great and the help I got from Drachen was unreal, with that being
said keep an eye out for a Drachen article on yours truly, plus give there site a hit so they
can see that we care. You know there were alot of you out there who need my thanks but I'm
writing this as I pack up for NABX cause it's buggy time so hope to see you there and come over
and lets fly..........Ben :blue-cool: :blue-cool:

Attached Thumbnails

• DSC00562.JPG
  • DSC00582.JPG
  • DSC00590.JPG

#33 RevWizard

RevWizard

Rev Guru and Historian

• Forum Admin
  • 3,423 posts

Posted 01 April 2008 - 09:09 PM

Hello Family and Smithsonian was a real blast and lots of you came out to play and for that I
want to thank you and a special thanks to Dennis and both the Jeffs and Brad, the day after was alot
of fun even if it was cold. Family if ever theres an event Id say is a must this is the one
and the people there were great and the help I got from Drachen was unreal, with that being
said keep an eye out for a Drachen article on yours truly, plus give there site a hit so they
can see that we care. You know there were alot of you out there who need my thanks but I'm
writing this as I pack up for NABX cause it's buggy time so hope to see you there and come over

Many Thanks for the update on your travels.
Your progressive stack of 20th anniversary REVs looks fantastic!

Long John (formerly Mr. R)

STACK International Executive Committee - 6/1996-6/2008
International Rules Book Committee and STACK International Head Judge - 6/2004-6/2008
World Sport Kite Championship Judge - 2004-2005-2006(Chief Judge)
13x 1st - 12x 2nd - 6x 3rd places in 37 overall Quadline individual competitions

Web Site - http://www.johnnmitchell.com/index.html Check it out today!

#34 REVflyer

REVflyer

Rev Guru

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 03:01 AM

I had a great time with all the friendly fliers, thanks for joining-in with us at the Washington Monument Ben! Sorry I couldn't hang-out with everybody on Sunday too. I had a Swiss kiting guest (Olivier Reymond) and dinner party to assist the bride with coordinating, so my friend and I had to stay in the neighborhood.

#35 mcruzzer

mcruzzer

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 07:03 AM

Had a great time hanging with you as always, Ben! Glad you could make it! Sunday was a blast...we flew until about 3pm and then it just got too cold and the winds were not much fun...but flying with you was great. Thanks for coming out! Jim
Jim Hodges

#36 Bazzer

Bazzer

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 570 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 07:16 AM

Awesome Bro,
Look forward to reading the article from Drachen.

Drachen is a a great supporter of the world of Kiting and especially iQuad in this historic year.
Please take the time and visit this site. What they do in the kite world is fantastic.
For more information visit
Drachen Foundation

Eat ...make Revs ....sleep......repeat!
Maker and designer of B Pro, Zen, XTRA VNT and Masterpiece kites.
Are you "Glued To The Blue"
I am.
Come visit me
www.gluedtotheblue.comgallery_170_47_48984.gifgallery_170_47_18974.gifgallery_170_47_3948.gif
http://www.teamiquad.com

#37 beach

beach

Rev Staff

• Forum Host
  • 1,856 posts

Posted 06 April 2008 - 07:32 PM

Hello Family and as I stop for the night after a great trip to NABX I have a moment to catch my breath and think how great
of a time I had in the desert on the dry lake bed. I want to tell you that I had some really great runs and as always my
trusty 2-4 came thru with flying colors no matter if the wind was 5 mph or 25 mph, I'll tell you once you master the ability
to dump the power when needed and then give it the power when needed, you can go anywhere at any time, I wish I could
think of just one run that was better than another but I can't cause they were all just super, WHAT A KITE...........
You know with this kite I almost never have to change out as I used to have to do with the soft kites, so there for I'm
in the saddle all the time rather on the side line changing out my kite for the changing wind........ Then our friend
and Family member Kent from "Wind of Change" was there with his new race buggies he designed and even though there
are not cheap it's all about you get what you pay for with this unit, Sweeeeeetttttt....... Ben

Attached Thumbnails

• DSC00637.JPG
  • DSC00631.JPG

#38 beach

beach

Rev Staff

• Forum Host
  • 1,856 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 09:35 AM

Morning Family and I just wanted to share some thoughts before I leave for Japan, as I gear up and
get ready for 2 great events over in Japan at Aomori and Uchinada, I go back to " one world,
one sky joined by kite lines" and think what a blessing this has all been for me. What a long strange
trip it's been, I have been able to take this kite from deserts to paradises, or better yet this kite
has taken me.... :blue-cool: Wow it sure has been good to be able to live this lifestyle...... Well
with that being said I'd better go and get ready, can you say street kiting in Japan..........
Ben

#39 Kitelife

Kitelife

Forum Guru

• Forum Host
  • 5,934 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 09:37 AM

Street kiting in Japan!!! :)

John Barresi

johnbarresi.com | kitelife.com | learnkites.com | teamiquad.comkitemap.org
youtube.com/kitelife | facebook.com/kitelifemagazine | KiteLife on Google+

President - American Kitefliers Association

"We cannot direct the wind, but we can adjust the sails."
(found in a fortune cookie - possibly an Einstein quote)

My full list of kite articles - kitelife.com/author/john-barresi

Please reward posts that are helpful, give positive reputation by clicking on "Like This" button on the right side of each post.

#40 monkey

monkey

Rev Guru

• Forum Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 838 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 10:26 AM

Street kiting in Japan!!! :)

Ah, but can you say it in JAPANESE!
David Hathaway, Revisionist
-~ REVisions
-~ www.simian-studios.ca