4 replies to this topic

#1 Sailor99

Sailor99

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,334 posts

Posted 06 February 2008 - 03:13 AM

My wife (N.B. Fraser) is going out to Durango, CO in the spring for about 8 weeks. I will be joining her for a week or so and thought it would be an ideal opportunity to take advantage of and exile from UK duty/tax/bribery rates. So I was think about making a list of all the goodies I want, rev wise that is, and getting them shipped to my wife. I can then carry them back to the UK (having unpacked them so it is clear they are "Mine").

I wonder if there are any particular retailers that anyone would recomend? If they were close by Durango, all the better, as I could call in and pick my stuff (Oh! the danger of impulse purchase!). But I guess that mail order would be more likely.

TTFN
Jeremy
Over - Jeremy

Posted Image

Knowledge: The small part of ignorance that we arrange and classify.

#2 DWayne

DWayne

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 06 February 2008 - 05:48 AM

You can deal with the #1 Rev dealer in the country from anywhere there's a PC.
Go online and visit "A Wind of Change". Kent will take super good care of you. ;)

Denny

#3 mcruzzer

mcruzzer

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 06 February 2008 - 09:26 AM

Jeremy, I think you'll find that there are a lot of people here who have their own ideas of who the "#1 Rev dealer" is :) I don't know of any dealers in Durango although there are retailers in Colorado. Probably just order the stuff and have it shipped to your wife is as good as anything.

One alternative: If you are flying into either Denver or Colorado Springs and have a car at the airport, then you could drive by one of the "local" Colorado dealers and pick up everything. I've also arranged to meet people at airports and deliver their orders to them (both coming in from Europe and heading back to Europe) so you might look at doing something along those lines too. If you're going to try one of these approaches, you should get in touch with the retailer soonest to make sure that everything you want is in stock and can be picked up (or delivered) when you get there.

Sounds like a great trip!

Jim Hodges
Sky Jewels Kites
Fairfax, VA
Jim Hodges

#4 big bri

big bri

BRIAN...

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,656 posts

Posted 06 February 2008 - 01:43 PM

Hey Sailor,take me with ya and i will Caddy home for ya ;) .Sounds like a smashing trip mate.

I would pick a dealer,sound them out,have a web link to keep intouch.Also thers Ben and rev perhaps,but that leaves out the dealers.Kent is reliable and a good guy and kite party host Dave Shenkman at kite connection is a good.Ive dealt with all three.

I would have a word with all three and decide.

THREE YEDS ARE BETTER THAN ONE,
EVEN IF THEY ARE SHEEPS YEDS.
An old Lancastrian saying i beleive,but true if you understand it.

BRIAN...

#5 Theresa

Theresa

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 577 posts

Posted 06 February 2008 - 04:31 PM

Just about every shop will ship for you. I just shipped a new B Series to Colorado in fact!

If you are thinking about line sets as well, just make sure you allow enough time if they are being custom made.

Have a fun trip!

Theresa

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users