Rev Quality Control

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#21 browndude3649

browndude3649
  • Forum Member
  • 19 posts

Posted 27 April 2008 - 06:17 PM

Say i just bought my B last week, isn't it supposed to getta weight set?
No gots!

#22 RevWizard

RevWizard

Rev Guru and Historian

• Forum Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,462 posts

Posted 27 April 2008 - 06:46 PM

No gots!

Call or send Ben an email. He will take care of it for you.

Long John (formerly Mr. R)

STACK International Executive Committee - 6/1996-6/2008
International Rules Book Committee and STACK International Head Judge - 6/2004-6/2008
World Sport Kite Championship Judge - 2004-2005-2006(Chief Judge)
13x 1st - 12x 2nd - 6x 3rd places in 37 overall Quadline individual competitions

Web Site - http://www.johnnmitchell.com/index.html Check it out today!

#23 Sailor99

Sailor99

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,334 posts

Posted 27 April 2008 - 08:08 PM

No gots!

Should gots! Easy for rev to post I am sure.

Just to check the rest of the pack, did you get your frames x 2, DVD, B suplementry instructions, exercises, complementry burger voucher and handles?
Over - Jeremy

Posted Image

Knowledge: The small part of ignorance that we arrange and classify.

#24 browndude3649

browndude3649
  • Forum Member
  • 19 posts

Posted 27 April 2008 - 09:39 PM

Should gots! Easy for rev to post I am sure.

Just to check the rest of the pack, did you get your frames x 2, DVD, B suplementry instructions, exercises, complementry burger voucher and handles?

YUP YUP ! Everything but the weights!
It's beautiful!

#25 Baloo

Baloo

Frequent Flyer

• Forum Member
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 27 April 2008 - 10:02 PM

Dont forget the free goofy great big GRIN

#26 Sailor99

Sailor99

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • 2,334 posts

Posted 27 April 2008 - 11:01 PM

YUP YUP ! Everything but the weights!

Really? You got a burger voucher? I didn't :(
Over - Jeremy

Posted Image

#27 Jonesey

Jonesey

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,266 posts

Posted 27 April 2008 - 11:11 PM

Really? You got a burger voucher? I didn't :(

I got 3 extra knots in the bridle of my latest B.... Bonus!

and when I say extra knots Sailor I don't mean it is faster I mean the bridle had random thumb knots mid span and as a result is asymmetric (slightly_)

Sorted now but a not ideal

#28 Sailor99

Sailor99

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • 2,334 posts

Posted 27 April 2008 - 11:17 PM

Or even:

Sorted now but knot ideal

Over - Jeremy

Posted Image

#29 Choccy

Choccy

Occasion-al Flyer

• Forum Member
  • 1,880 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 01:50 AM

Sailor> knot ideal :lol:

Have you used the weights at all ?
1 of the 47.

#30 steveb

steveb

Occasional Poseur

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 614 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 12:36 PM

I noticed that my new B-Series is made out of four different fabrics.
I'm familiar with Icarex PC31 and Ventex or Texlon, but the other two are new to me.

Does anyone know what the other two fabrics are?

mystery_fabrics_1_2.jpg mystery_fabric2.jpg

#31 skunky

skunky

Occasional Poster

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 01:05 PM

I just purchased a b-series, and from reading I was under the impression that it came with two seperate DVD's. I did get the one with John, but am unsure if I was to get the one training video that has came with the kites for awhile. Also is normal for the end caps to not want to come off after a day of flying at the beach? Mine were stuck and it really grinded the rod ends, and caps from me having to twist it to get it out. ( after nearly $400 and a brand new kite this was a bummer.) Would it be possible to use the same caps that are on the leading edge with the rubber boots as a replacement to help keep the sand out? Or will this effect its flight?

Thank You,
Jesse

Jesse I have just put up in thekiteden a solution to you sandy problem end caps and tomorrow will be outting up the solution to the annoying rev 1 rubber rings that are for stoping the vcap from getting into the spar..hope it helps its works for us here in the uk..:)

page 3 in the daily den or hit the latest news button :)

www.thekiteden.co.uk

#32 Chicken

Chicken
  • Forum Member
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 01:48 PM

Thanks everyone for the quick replies, since I pretty much only fly at the beach this would be great info Skunky,and I very much appreciate it.

Thank You,
Jesse

#33 jimfielder

jimfielder

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 05:26 PM

Well how may folks are looking for the mini mouse size lead tampon with a extra long string when they look for the weights? :confused!:
Some folks may have seen them and said HUH?

#34 RevWizard

RevWizard

Rev Guru and Historian

• Forum Admin
  • 3,462 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 05:55 PM

I noticed that my new B-Series is made out of four different fabrics.
I'm familiar with Icarex PC31 and Ventex or Texlon, but the other two are new to me.

Does anyone know what the other two fabrics are?

You would have to ask Ben on that one. He has mentioned to me a number of manufactures they are dealing with.

International Rules Book Committee and STACK International Head Judge - 6/2004-6/2008
13x 1st - 12x 2nd - 6x 3rd places in 37 overall Quadline individual competitions

#35 Kitelife

Kitelife

Forum Guru

• Forum Host
  • 5,936 posts

Posted 01 May 2008 - 12:37 AM

We're all in Japan at the moment, Internet access is not often available on the schedule we're following... Bear with us on any of these topics being discussed, we'll get into the discussion as soon as we have sufficient time, we're back in the US on May 6th.

Thanks for your patience, and know that Rev is doing the best they can.

FYI, on the fabric end of things... Black is VERY hard to obtain in quantity at the moment, most have to order 10,000 yards at a time and have it dyed to order... What I can tell you, as an adequate pilot myself, the different fabrics are insignificant on a Rev... The effect on flight is insignificant, and I can feel everything on these kites, I assure you.

Will get more on this later, all apologies, I'm literally being pushed on to the next function here and will probably be off the grid for a few days... I'll TRY to get on later tonight. ;)

John Barresi

johnbarresi.com | kitelife.com | learnkites.com | teamiquad.comkitemap.org
youtube.com/kitelife | facebook.com/kitelifemagazine | KiteLife on Google+

"We cannot direct the wind, but we can adjust the sails."
(found in a fortune cookie - possibly an Einstein quote)

My full list of kite articles - kitelife.com/author/john-barresi

Please reward posts that are helpful, give positive reputation by clicking on "Like This" button on the right side of each post.

#36 Kitelife

Kitelife

Forum Guru

• Forum Host
  • 5,936 posts

Posted 01 May 2008 - 05:58 AM

Okay, I found a few more minutes to jump on this before I go to sleep for another flight tomorrow to Uchinada...

To follow up on the fabrics, as long as each side is symmetrical, it's not an issue from the standpoint of durability or flight characteristics.

If you think in terms of years, and global manufacturing, materials will become more or less available at various times, and decisions have to be made.

I'm speaking not as a Rev representative (I don't actually work or speak for the company), but simply based on a large understanding of the kiting industry.

The alternative is to offer no black material in Revs, quite simply.

As for the DVD situation (1 vs 2 in the package)... The B-Series was originally released with only "my" DVD, and only in the past few months did we start including the original DVD (a late but useful decision)... If it is something you feel you really, really need, someone at Rev will take care of it, or I will myself, I'd only ask that you understand our passion (as fliers - and speaking on Rev as a company that I know very well), send Ben an email and simply make a request... If he is unable to take care of it (he has a CRAZY workload), email me and we'll get you taken care of.

On the weights, they are tiny... Could have slipped out somewhere, during the opening of the package, or whatever, wherever... I will tell you, neither me or any of the iQuad guys EVER use them... They are simply there for those who wish to tinker... They are 2 grams each, and can be fashioned out of any fishing weight or whatever you have available... Won't cost you more than 50 cents to get something put together.

The weight set is typically in a little plastic bag with an instruction sheet, really small, usually stapled to the handle bag, or thereabouts.

I think I covered it all, and I hope you feel the sincerity of the effort Rev puts into what they put out, as do the "company" fliers like myself.

If you have any other concerns, fire 'em in here and someone will do their best to address it.

Again, a lot of us are "off the grid" in Japan... Internet access has been limited where we've been and going, I'm sending this from a one night layover in Tokyo.

Cheers, good winds, all the best, always. ;)

John Barresi

Please reward posts that are helpful, give positive reputation by clicking on "Like This" button on the right side of each post.

#37 RevWizard

RevWizard

Rev Guru and Historian

• Forum Admin
  • 3,462 posts

Posted 01 May 2008 - 06:45 AM

Okay, I found a few more minutes to jump on this before I go to sleep for another flight tomorrow to Uchinada...

To follow up on the fabrics, as long as each side is symmetrical, it's not an issue from the standpoint of durability or flight characteristics.

If you think in terms of years, and global manufacturing, materials will become more or less available at various times, and decisions have to be made.

I'm speaking not as a Rev representative (I don't actually work or speak for the company), but simply based on a large understanding of the kiting industry.

The alternative is to offer no black material in Revs, quite simply.

As for the DVD situation (1 vs 2 in the package)... The B-Series was originally released with only "my" DVD, and only in the past few months did we start including the original DVD (a late but useful decision)... If it is something you feel you really, really need, someone at Rev will take care of it, or I will myself, I'd only ask that you understand our passion (as fliers - and speaking on Rev as a company that I know very well), send Ben an email and simply make a request... If he is unable to take care of it (he has a CRAZY workload), email me and we'll get you taken care of.

On the weights, they are tiny... Could have slipped out somewhere, during the opening of the package, or whatever, wherever... I will tell you, neither me or any of the iQuad guys EVER use them... They are simply there for those who wish to tinker... They are 2 grams each, and can be fashioned out of any fishing weight or whatever you have available... Won't cost you more than 50 cents to get something put together.

The weight set is typically in a little plastic bag with an instruction sheet, really small, usually stapled to the handle bag, or thereabouts.

I think I covered it all, and I hope you feel the sincerity of the effort Rev puts into what they put out, as do the "company" fliers like myself.

If you have any other concerns, fire 'em in here and someone will do their best to address it.

Again, a lot of us are "off the grid" in Japan... Internet access has been limited where we've been and going, I'm sending this from a one night layover in Tokyo.

Cheers, good winds, all the best, always. ;)

Have fun at Uchinada. We will miss you at the Red Bull Air Races this weekend!

#38 Kitelife

Kitelife

Forum Guru

• Forum Host
  • 5,936 posts

Posted 01 May 2008 - 07:19 AM

Thanks John, give 'em heck and show the public what kiting is all about! :)

John Barresi

#39 RevWizard

RevWizard

Rev Guru and Historian

• Forum Admin
  • 3,462 posts

Posted 01 May 2008 - 07:25 AM

Thanks John, give 'em heck and show the public what kiting is all about! :)

I expect to be only behind the camera this time. I hope I get some great shots to show you.

#40 big bri

big bri

BRIAN...

• Forum Member
  • 2,656 posts

Posted 01 May 2008 - 08:32 AM

WAW,safe trip fellas.Have a ball

BRIAN...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users