39 replies to this topic

#1 TGunn

TGunn

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 04 February 2008 - 09:43 PM

Before I start, I want to make clear that this is not a slam against Revolution Kites. It's a post that I hope Rev employees read and make positive changes to correct some quality control issues.

1. I just bought a new Rev 1.5 B-Series Standard model, and whne I opened up the package, the extra 2 (professional Use) wrap spars were placed in a clear plastic sleave, but the white paper label attached to the end of the sleave, was labeled 3 wrap. I've been flying Revs since the beginning and know the difference of the type of spars, but what if I had been a new Rev buyer and didn't know the difference in spars?

2. A friend recently bought a standard and a vented Rev 1.5 B-series kites and when he got home, opened up the packages, both kites had the vertical spars missing.

These are things that Rev really needs to watch more closely before sending out kites to the stores. Rev makes a fine product, but little things like this can potentially turn away potential buyers. Same thing can be said about any product.

Troy Gunn

TKO Sport Kite Team - Founding Member
<a class="bbc_url" title="External link" href="http://tko.sportkite...d.com/home.htm" rel="nofollow external">http://tko.sportkite...od.com/home.htm

#2 vinceherman

vinceherman
  • Forum Member
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 February 2008 - 04:05 AM

Hi Troy,
Did you try calling the company? That is the first thing I would do to get something like this resolved.
Vince

#3 pudsli

pudsli

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 05 February 2008 - 05:50 AM

Hi All.
TGunn well said my friend, i think a quality control checker should be employed by rev.
This will stop some of the daft little things that spoil a really good product.
i live in the U.K, and i bought a segwick, it came with the ends frayed, this is another problem that keeps croping up.
it would have been to much trouble for me to send it back to rev in the U.S.A, what with postage, and i would have had to pay duty on it when it arrived back in the U.K.
i like you think this should be sorted once and for all.
hope the people at rev take this onboard.
also us here in the U.K would like rev to bring out a mega vented, for those 35mph, 40mph days.
all the best steve.
Member of British S.T.A.C.K winter league pairs champs 2006/2007

#4 TGunn

TGunn

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 05 February 2008 - 06:59 AM

Hi Troy, Did you try calling the company? That is the first thing I would do to get something like this resolved. Vince

Last week I received my B-Series that had the mislabeled spar package. I knew Lolly and Ben were away, so I posted here imstead, knowing that eventually, Ben will see this. Whereas my friend that had missing vertical spars told the store about the problem and they ordered replacements for him. I think he also e-mailed Rev.

Troy Gunn

<a class="bbc_url" title="External link" href="http://tko.sportkite...d.com/home.htm" rel="nofollow external">http://tko.sportkite...od.com/home.htm

#5 big bri

big bri

BRIAN...

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,656 posts

Posted 06 February 2008 - 01:00 AM

Always a downer when your new kite is not quite perfect or the wrong stuffs been sent out.
Haveing seen some of the massive inroads Ben and Rev have made the last few years in the area of customer service.I dont think youve anything to worry about.
Ben especially has driven an open discussion on the subject on a few popular forums
WORLDWIDE.Im sure if and when Rev know about the problem,it will be sorted for you.

I have a positive view on the situation of customer care and think Since Ben has take the role/mantle ther has been a dsfinate attitude change at Rev Kites.Thats not to say that previously ther was a dubious attitude,no,its just got better an the std has been raised.

As with anything,,Mistakes can happen.Its how ther then dealt with and concluded that leaves a good or bad impression on most people.When in any work senario,getting the wright quality 100% of the time,of yiour product ,is the biggest goal or certainly one of them.Getting the wright staff is another and getting them to work consistantly to a very high standard is again a major goal of any company.

Quality staff,Quality production,Quality customer care, along with a great team of honest genuine people who CARE.I have found,EVERYONE ive spoken to at Rev,fall in the formentioned catagory.Real Genuine People Not Machines

BRIAN...[soap box away]

#6 beach

beach

Rev Staff

• Forum Host
  • 1,857 posts

Posted 06 February 2008 - 08:57 AM

Dear Troy before I answer this I will explain, not make excuses but explain, because of a lose of one of our people here we've gotten a new guy in
packaging and I would like to think he just did'nt know better and made a mistake, the new guys is not a flier and we are always in a hurry here so
mistakes do happen and being that I'm the go to guy I do my best to make them better. From what I've read there are two problems here and they
are the vert. for your friend and your mislabled package, now on to making it right. For your problems heres what I'm willing to do email me direct
with a shipping address for yourself (beachbeach13@yahoo.com) and ask your friend to do the same and I'll send you both out a new race frame
free of charge and I'll replace what ever rods were missing from your friends kite. In a perfect world thing like this don't happen but in real life
mistakes are made, ask any company, but what seperates a good company from bad is how they take care of the problems once they happen
and thats where I come in if there a problem come to me and I'll make it right..........Ben :blue-cool:

#7 mousieo

mousieo

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts

Posted 06 February 2008 - 09:47 PM

Umm...

Hey Benny???

My b series was missing something as well....

a BENNNNNNNNY HUGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!

As a person working in retail for many years... I just would like to say, it happens... no matter how good any company is... the important thing is not that it happened... but how it is taken care of... and reading that last post.. I would say it was handled beautifully.

ok.. where's the hug.... ?? waits by the mailbox..... <;3_)~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

#8 Baloo

Baloo

Frequent Flyer

• Forum Member
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 06 February 2008 - 10:54 PM

How about a Bear hug, will that do?

I know I would be blown away with Ben's offer.

#9 TGunn

TGunn

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 07 February 2008 - 06:21 AM

Ben,
WOW, that is customer service! I posted this just as a head's up to ya'll, so yoa'll could keep a closer eye on the problems there at the factory. And your explanation makes perfect sense.

For myself, I do not intened to take advantage of this situation and have you give me something for free, since in my case, I was not missing anything. In regards to my freind in Australia "Steve Donovan", I will send you his e-mail address.

Thanks Ben!

Regards,

Troy Gunn

#10 big bri

big bri

BRIAN...

• Forum Member
  • 2,656 posts

Posted 07 February 2008 - 10:41 AM

Jobs a goodn,

:) BRIAN...

#11 Watty

Watty

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • 1,867 posts

Posted 07 February 2008 - 02:54 PM

Hay Ben,

In two years I will hopefuly move and go to college in San Diego (I'm a sophmore in highschool now, but I'm doing running start, so I'll transfer to a four year college in your area) and I would love to apply for a job with Revolution. Maybe I'm getting a little overanxious to move???

These kind of problems do occur, but Revolution, more than any other company, is so easy to fix the problem.

Spence "Watty" Watson

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#12 big bri

big bri

BRIAN...

• Forum Member
  • 2,656 posts

Posted 07 February 2008 - 03:34 PM

Cheif testers job Please.

I get to keep what i test fly.on a beech.warm and sunny 11.99mths a year,and a 7 day week,lno eight days a week.Wiiiiiith,mmmmm,my Great,Great Grandfather as my line tester and his Grand Parents as line equalisers.

BRIAN...

#13 Baloo

Baloo

Frequent Flyer

• Forum Member
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 07 February 2008 - 10:37 PM

And me as a Pork Pie fetcher.

#14 big bri

big bri

BRIAN...

• Forum Member
  • 2,656 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 12:19 AM

Now that would start a quality control issue.Bazzer is a Pork pie lover.He reports ther arent any pork pies in the,, you ess of ay,,.Imagine ordering a pork pie and getting a meat,or even worse,,,,cheese :o

Glad its all sort on a more serious note,to exceed customer expectations is top draw quality.

Nice Ben...

#15 Baloo

Baloo

Frequent Flyer

• Forum Member
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 09:04 AM

By pork pie fetcher I mean that any time you wanted one I could fetch it over from the UK for you. Could bring Bazzer some as well.

#16 DWayne

DWayne

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 09:48 AM

I make a mean pie when I can get the trotters. :kid_content:

Denny

#17 jimfielder

jimfielder

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 11:50 AM

I just received a B-Series Vented, all bells, whistles, DVD's, rods, weights, and etc present and accounted for.
Good Job Rev., however Ben if you want to send a set of Race Rods, feel free. :blue_wink: :kid_devlish:

#18 Chicken

Chicken
  • Forum Member
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 April 2008 - 02:24 PM

I just purchased a b-series, and from reading I was under the impression that it came with two seperate DVD's. I did get the one with John, but am unsure if I was to get the one training video that has came with the kites for awhile. Also is normal for the end caps to not want to come off after a day of flying at the beach? Mine were stuck and it really grinded the rod ends, and caps from me having to twist it to get it out. ( after nearly $400 and a brand new kite this was a bummer.) Would it be possible to use the same caps that are on the leading edge with the rubber boots as a replacement to help keep the sand out? Or will this effect its flight?

Thank You,
Jesse

#19 Watty

Watty

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • 1,867 posts

Posted 27 April 2008 - 02:45 PM

This is normal if you are flying on some sand. sometimes, the sand will sneak into those small spaces between the rod and the end cap. I've never really had this problem, because I don't live on the coast.

The B-series only comes with the B DVD.

As fort the rubber boots, do you mean the slightly thicker softer end caps that are on the very top of the kite that hold the vertical rods, or the SLE rubber rings? I don't believe that either one will hinder the kites ability to fly.

Spence "Watty" Watson

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#20 big bri

big bri

BRIAN...

• Forum Member
  • 2,656 posts

Posted 27 April 2008 - 02:47 PM

HiChicken and welcome tothe forum,

I willdo mybest to answer your questions,here we go.

one dvd with the kite,its a great dvd imo.

Yes,my end caps stick sometimes when ive been flying at the beech.Sand im afraid gets everywhere.If the kites had a dip in the sea then dried ,i think this also makes the end caps and rods stick.Also,if youve been doing tip stands,crashed and had a along days flying the kite,they may get harder to free up
FRESH WATER,and a little tlc.Will help and wash the rods and leading edge out as the sand will hide in ther also.
Never used the rubber boot method on a B Series.Apart from when useing an older sle rod,Which is fater and the end cap fits inside the rod not the rod inside the cap,ason the B Series.The boot esentially stops the end cap goinginside i think.

Hopethat helps

BRIAN...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users