40 replies to this topic

#21 RevWizard

RevWizard

Rev Guru and Historian

• Forum Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,401 posts

Posted 03 February 2008 - 08:02 AM

Thanks John,i see the picture your painting.I will be on with it in the comeing weeks.I reckon a hybrid of a few ideas is the way to go.

Cheers for the ideas guys yr top draw as usual
Have a great weekend.Looks good saturday,but cold.Sunday,,,,,turn the central heating up and get John Wayne on the box

Thanks guys
BRIAN...

If you lived near by and I had the proper tools, I would build you something for the price of the materials and a beer.

Long John (formerly Mr. R)

STACK International Executive Committee - 6/1996-6/2008
International Rules Book Committee and STACK International Head Judge - 6/2004-6/2008
World Sport Kite Championship Judge - 2004-2005-2006(Chief Judge)
13x 1st - 12x 2nd - 6x 3rd places in 37 overall Quadline individual competitions

Web Site - http://www.johnnmitchell.com/index.html Check it out today!

#22 big bri

big bri

BRIAN...

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,656 posts

Posted 03 February 2008 - 10:13 AM

Ye,and i would let you John.Im not the best in the world with wood.Im pritty good at passing the beer and tools though takeing the tops off beer bottles i have a degree in and brewing up.I also have a first class builders Bum,,lol

Ive removed all the kites now from the room,so my Mrs is well pleased for the mo
.While my Pals are haveing a ball at kite Party :sq-sad:in a few weeks.I will give it a go and try and build something of a monument,a masterpiece.My Dad is a good FECKLER...AS MOST OF THEM ARE

Thanks for the offer John and the advice.

BRIAN...

#23 Fraser

Fraser

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 03 February 2008 - 10:15 AM

Initially I was thinking wall mounted guitar hooks might be the answer, but I found this instead and think it might fit your bill: http://www.demarleus...llShelvesLG.jpg
They are collapsable wall mounted baking racks.

Hey we use what we can to suit our purposes, right? :)

Aw, that's perfect, innit? See - it just takes a burd to come up with the right idea!

I was thinking of lengths of 6inch dia. plastic drainage pipe, the ends pushed into twisted vertical ropes fastened at the floor and ceiling. Bit 'committed' though - can't see a wife allowing screwing into ceiling joists and floor boards....

We're maybe thinking it out too much though - wouldn't ordinary shelves do the job...?

#24 Fraser

Fraser

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 03 February 2008 - 10:19 AM

Just had another thought -

How about a big fabric number - like a big wall-hung REv bag? You could have a load of pockets the width of the fabric back, sewn on three sides but with the top edge open, and all your kites would just sit in their own pocket.

I'll see if I can do a drawing on SketchUp or something.

#25 big bri

big bri

BRIAN...

• Forum Member
  • 2,656 posts

Posted 03 February 2008 - 10:45 AM

Ha Ha,The Pen is mightier than the SAW,,,,

Cheers Fraser for the thoughts and offer of drawings. I think as many ideas as poss will help.No doubt thers others that can benefit from the Brain Storming in the near future.

BRIAN...

#26 Fraser

Fraser

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 03 February 2008 - 10:50 AM

Aye, but mine'll be the best..... :kid_devlish:

#27 Sailor99

Sailor99

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • 2,334 posts

Posted 03 February 2008 - 11:49 AM

How about a big fabric number - like a big wall-hung REv bag? You could have a load of pockets the width of the fabric back, sewn on three sides but with the top edge open, and all your kites would just sit in their own pocket.

Right so that would, in actuality, be a Revkite bag then. :blink: Must have blown all the creative nurons on your write up old chap!

No, Bri. I had the same problem, when I was a little boy, with my model planes. My Mummy had a simple solution though, and one that can easily be applied to your kites. Suspend them from the celing by 10lb fishing line. I would have thought your kites flying from the celing of the consevatory would look very summery - surely something to bring joy to Mrs Big's heart?
Over - Jeremy

Posted Image

Knowledge: The small part of ignorance that we arrange and classify.

#28 Baloo

Baloo

Frequent Flyer

• Forum Member
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 03 February 2008 - 01:07 PM

Build a kite conservatory just for your kites. Put some nice shades in it though, you dont want the Sun fadeing all your Revs and stuff.

#29 Jim Foster

Jim Foster

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 845 posts

Posted 03 February 2008 - 01:54 PM

The baking rack idea looks pretty good.....

How about building a rack system using 1/2 inch PVC pipe and pipe fittings? It would be clean, easy, movable, and you could make, or change the spacing as you desire. That stuff is pretty cheap and easy to work with. You wouldn't have to glue the pieces together. The only tool required would be a PVC cutter (usually located at the end of the isle where you find the PVC).
Fly together! Share the joy, Share the fun

#30 RevWizard

RevWizard

Rev Guru and Historian

• Forum Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,401 posts

Posted 03 February 2008 - 02:16 PM

Build a kite conservatory just for your kites. Put some nice shades in it though, you dont want the Sun fadeing all your Revs and stuff.

In the cellar add in a beer bar, sauna and swimming pool. Maybe even a wind tunnel along side to test new REV ideas.

Long John (formerly Mr. R)

STACK International Executive Committee - 6/1996-6/2008
International Rules Book Committee and STACK International Head Judge - 6/2004-6/2008
World Sport Kite Championship Judge - 2004-2005-2006(Chief Judge)
13x 1st - 12x 2nd - 6x 3rd places in 37 overall Quadline individual competitions

Web Site - http://www.johnnmitchell.com/index.html Check it out today!

#31 Baloo

Baloo

Frequent Flyer

• Forum Member
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 03 February 2008 - 03:32 PM

Bring on the entertainment, beer, 10 pin, darts, home moooooovies, and Rev test bed, sheer Heavan.

#32 Fraser

Fraser

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 04 February 2008 - 12:11 AM

Right so that would, in actuality, be a Revkite bag then....

Aye, but bigger and with the open part of the pockets along their top long edges, and without the fastenings and the carry strap and the outside zipped pocket and the big flap that covers the tops of the kite pockets. Oh and wall-hung.

But apart from that, you're spot on..... Not much sneaks past you, does it Julian...? :kid_devlish:

#33 Fraser

Fraser

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 04 February 2008 - 12:14 AM

Aye, now you see - this a parallel thinking Bri....

You should be thinking of a storage solution for your wife, then you could leave the kites in the conservatory without grief! Voila - sorted! :kid_devlish:

#34 big bri

big bri

BRIAN...

• Forum Member
  • 2,656 posts

Posted 07 February 2008 - 10:50 AM

Right so that would, in actuality, be a Revkite bag then. :blink: Must have blown all the creative nurons on your write up old chap!

No, Bri. I had the same problem, when I was a little boy, with my model planes. My Mummy had a simple solution though, and one that can easily be applied to your kites. Suspend them from the celing by 10lb fishing line. I would have thought your kites flying from the celing of the consevatory would look very summery - surely something to bring joy to Mrs Big's heart?

Hey Sailor its a good idea,but ive about 40 rev,twice as many 1 liners and ,,,,,,,alot of trick kites and gear,alot.I may need a bit stronger than 10lb line mate and a block of flats to hang it off.
Ive seen the idea b4.In a restraunt with puppets, mobiles[not phones btw]and airfix stuff.Nice idea ,thanks for the effort,,,,have a week off work for trying.
HOWS THAT

BRIAN...

#35 big bri

big bri

BRIAN...

• Forum Member
  • 2,656 posts

Posted 07 February 2008 - 11:02 AM

Aye, now you see - this a parallel thinking Bri....

You should be thinking of a storage solution for your wife, then you could leave the kites in the conservatory without grief! Voila - sorted! :kid_devlish:

Basically,i work around 30hrs a week in the Conservatoty these days.I think i may have a case if i put my foot down and insist they stay,its my space realy.I have my,,,,
WIFES PERMISSION TO SAY SO,,,,.Problem is,ive not bought a kite yet.That can ,cook.wash,iron,and be my best freind all in the same day. So i better be tactfull.Which im sorta lacking in at times.
Keep the ideas comeing people,but thers no chance of a SUPER DOME at the back of my house.A small rack/bag/hanging system or similar will be nice.

BRIAN...ps,Baloo,im building no roof top leisure centre either..lol

#36 Sailor99

Sailor99

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • 2,334 posts

Posted 07 February 2008 - 11:36 AM

Get a Rev B Supersonic EXP - it can wash, iron, cook, be your best friend and axel...........
Over - Jeremy

Posted Image

Knowledge: The small part of ignorance that we arrange and classify.

#37 Baloo

Baloo

Frequent Flyer

• Forum Member
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 07 February 2008 - 03:07 PM

OK Bri, no roof top leisure centre.

How about digging a cellar under the conservatory, get your darts, beer, 10 pin, wind tunnel and maybe have room left for some kite storage.

If you cant build up, build down, I was going to say hows that for lateral thinking, not sure if lateral would include downwards?

#38 big bri

big bri

BRIAN...

• Forum Member
  • 2,656 posts

Posted 07 February 2008 - 03:17 PM

Floods,

BRIAN...

#39 Baloo

Baloo

Frequent Flyer

• Forum Member
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 07 February 2008 - 10:43 PM

ooooops sorry, forgot, not all folks live on a hill like me.

How about a Stargate that will transport you to loads of Worlds with all the varying wind and weather conditions you might ever dream of, and some you cant dream of. You could then use a whole World as kite storage.

And you never have a power cut, it never breaks down or gives you any problems.

And there is no such thing as Kite eating Aliens.

Now go on then top that one!!

#40 big bri

big bri

BRIAN...

• Forum Member
  • 2,656 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 12:06 AM

No Cyber Dogs,No coke can ring pulls or glass,No razor shells,No half witt comments[can you not keep it up],No power kiters and buggies to wreck my lines.No Dog s...,and no pictures of

Adventure Ange or Mouseo.

Im to young to to Die Chris and carbon rods and fibers interfear with the Stargates malecular structure,EVERYONE KNOWS THAT SILLY.

BRIAN...ps,i have a designer on the case :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users