Photo

Recommended Line Lengths for Street Kiting?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 lasapcheong

lasapcheong

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 10:26 AM

Hi,

I'm planning to make myself a short set of lines to take my 1.5SUL and B-Series for a spin outdoors in zero wind. Any recommended line lengths for this from the experienced folks here? Also I'm going to use the B-Series handles so what is the recommended configuration in terms of attaching the lines to the knots for this?

I heard some people remove the bridle completely when doing indoor/outdoor street kiting. Since I'm planning to fly my REVs on long lines as well I don't think I want the hassle of removing them and putting them in later...Any idea how this will affect the ease of flight?

Advice appreciated

Thanks!
Darryl

#2 monkey

monkey

Rev Guru

• Forum Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 838 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 12:28 PM

Hi,

I'm planning to make myself a short set of lines to take my 1.5SUL and B-Series for a spin outdoors in zero wind. Any recommended line lengths for this from the experienced folks here? Also I'm going to use the B-Series handles so what is the recommended configuration in terms of attaching the lines to the knots for this?

I heard some people remove the bridle completely when doing indoor/outdoor street kiting. Since I'm planning to fly my REVs on long lines as well I don't think I want the hassle of removing them and putting them in later...Any idea how this will affect the ease of flight?

Advice appreciated

Thanks!
Darryl

It'll certainly fly with a bridle on it though I tend to remove mine for street kiting as its just one more thing to get tangled with any of the 3D style moves. With respect to lines, I'd recommend 90lb-ish lines. There's a lot of sharp things to get caught on outdoors in small areas and you'll shred thru a 50lb set pretty fast.

have fun, its a lot of fun, just watch out for people and security types...
David Hathaway, Revisionist
-~ REVisions
-~ www.simian-studios.ca
-~ www.teamiquad.com
Postatem obscuri lateris nescitis!

#3 lasapcheong

lasapcheong

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 01:51 PM

It'll certainly fly with a bridle on it though I tend to remove mine for street kiting as its just one more thing to get tangled with any of the 3D style moves. With respect to lines, I'd recommend 90lb-ish lines. There's a lot of sharp things to get caught on outdoors in small areas and you'll shred thru a 50lb set pretty fast.

have fun, its a lot of fun, just watch out for people and security types...

Thanks! What line lengths do you use for street kiting though? I'm thinking 11feet - 13feet..but just want to try something thats proven for somebody else first before I decide on another length.

-Darryl

#4 monkey

monkey

Rev Guru

• Forum Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 838 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 02:42 PM

Thanks! What line lengths do you use for street kiting though? I'm thinking 11feet - 13feet..but just want to try something thats proven for somebody else first before I decide on another length.

-Darryl

Well, it depends entirely on the area you have to work with but, I tend to opt for anywhere between 10 - 20 feet
David Hathaway, Revisionist
-~ REVisions
-~ www.simian-studios.ca
-~ www.teamiquad.com
Postatem obscuri lateris nescitis!

#5 Watty

Watty

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,867 posts

Posted 25 January 2008 - 09:23 AM

For line lengths, I use from 8-20 ft for my zero wind flying. It all depends on the size of the area you are in, and just your personal preferance. I prefer my 8 ft. set.

Spence "Watty" Watson

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users