3 piece LE for a stack of Rev 2

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 vinceherman

vinceherman
  • Forum Member
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 02:52 PM

I have a stack of 3 Rev 2 kites. The frame on the lead kite is reinforced with .240 pultruded rods inside the stock spars. Broken down, that makes the kite bag 38" long, which is too long for my motorcycle on a cross country trip. Rather than leave the stack behind, I want to purchase pieces to make a 3 piece LE. That will put the length broken down in the 25" range.
My plan is to use Skyshark p400 for the LE. 3 pieces cut to about 25". The trailing kites will just use standard ferrules. The lead kite LE will have P400 with .240 pultruded the entire length, with the lengths arranged so that the ends of the .240 fall in the middle of the P400 pieces.
Does that make sense? Does that sound doable? Will I be giving up strength? Is there a better 3 piece LE solution?
Vince
Posted Image

#2 steveb

steveb

Occasional Poseur

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 614 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 09:47 AM

I've used a 3 piece leading edge in one of my Rev IIs used for light winds. I use a full length P-100 in the centre with ferruled shorter lengths of P-100 on the ends. The kite folds down to about 33", which may be too long for a motorcycle.

I can't see any problem with your method though. The P-400 is a much stiffer stick. I'd only reinforce the lead kite's leading edge with .2400s and just use ferrule on the back kites.

#3 Theresa

Theresa

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 577 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 08:36 AM

For experimenting purposes.....you could use P400 camouflage....much cheaper

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users