Photo

Vented or not?

Best Answer Bazzer, 05 January 2008 - 10:11 AM

A Vented Rev, of any Kind, is a Must have for any Rev Flyer....

My personal favorite is to run a vented B with either race rods or 2 wrap. Then as the wind climbs change up through the spars. Then throw the 3 and four wrap in the leading edge. Then if you must the SLE. This will of course mean taking down your small banner that you have made to retrieve this broom stick :kid_smartass:
So I would suggest a vented B ( comes with three and 4 wrap)with a set of race rods.
Bazzer Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#41 Tmadz

Tmadz

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 10:03 AM

Don't worry about flying OPK. Kiters are some of the most generous and gracious people out there and Rev's are very sturdy. We wouldn't offer them if we didn't think things would be ok. You'll have people pushing their handles into your hands.

There are fliers all around you and I specifically know of one that lives in HMB. Let them help you. It'll save you money and aggravation.

#42 WickedSoN

WickedSoN
  • Forum Member
  • 12 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 11:36 AM

Thanks for replies. There is a learn 2 fly workshop on the East Bay this weekend, maybe I'll build up enough courage to try an OPK if I get a chance...

#43 WickedSoN

WickedSoN
  • Forum Member
  • 12 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 11:51 AM

On a side note, I feel like my father must have felt 20+ years ago when we first got into stunt kites (I was about 12yo at the time).

Started off taking my son to a kite flying area with a $2.99 plastic kite (which he loved by the way, he's almost 2) and now I'm researching $400 kites!  I'm sure my pops was thinking the same thing at the time "Ok i'll only get one kite...." I could only hope as my son gets older that we get to bond with stunt kites like I did with my dad.

#44 dragonfish

dragonfish
  • Forum Member
  • 29 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 08:04 PM

Hi there, 

Welcome.  Hope you see this in time.  Definitely come to the Learn to Fly Workshop in Berkeley tomorrow (Aug. 9) 10am to 4pm-ish.  I fly with the Bay Area Sport Kite League (the organization running the workshop), and will be there.  You will definitely find people there who will be glad to teach you how to fly and "pushing their handles into your hands" as Tmadz says.  I know a few people who regularly fly at Shoreline.  I think at least one of them will be there tomorrow as well, so you can ask him about winds and what kite he likes to fly or flies most often to get a better idea for what might suit you best.  

#45 WickedSoN

WickedSoN
  • Forum Member
  • 12 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 10:14 AM

Made it to the workshop, wasn't able to stay for long but I did manage to get some kite time in thanks to Fred who is actually one of the first people I've ever talked to about Rev's.  Completely different than dual lines for sure. I was a bit overwhelmed trying to take it all in and find the "neutral point?"  of the kite but I feel good that I didn't crash his $350 kite at all.  Yea I'm definitely getting one. Just need to confirm line length before I spend half a rack on a kite! Want to make sure that I have the correct length lines to fly with the locals at shoreline. I want to think they are running 85' but not sure. Fred was with a friend who I didn't get the pleasure of introducing myself to and I apologize for that if he reads this, I was just focusing very hard on flying an OPK for the very first time and was a bit nervous. I appreciate your encouraging words on my skill, I'll meet you soon and have a proper introduction.

I'll refrain from posting off topic at this point, thanks for all the guidance everyone.

#46 Tmadz

Tmadz

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 02:40 PM

Excellent to hear. Welcome to the dark side.

The std line length for team flying is 120'. RTF packages usually come with 80' I think. So ask when ordering.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users