4 replies to this topic

#1 beach

beach

Rev Staff

• Forum Host
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,855 posts

Posted 20 July 2006 - 08:54 PM

Family I need some help I am thinking of doing some custom rev 2s and making them into three stacks that are a direct sale item from the factory. Say about 10 of these 3 stack systems if I can get some interest in these kites, the seasons winding down and I am ready for a new kite in my own bag the question is can I sell nine more for say 4 or 5 hundred depending on how outrageous I get on the patteren for the sails. So I come to you the family and I need your input on this project is it a go or is it a no call me at the office if you want at 858-679-5785 or use the forum but please let me know your thoughts on this one..... 8) Ben  ps I have other ideas so let me know if you want on my personal list so when I do something new your not left behind............

#2 Stephen Hoath

Stephen Hoath

Rev Guru

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 700 posts

Posted 24 July 2006 - 11:26 AM

Hi there, my team (The Flying Squad) fly stacks of 7 Rev II's and they are an absolute buzz. We have been known to fly them as low as 2mph (360's are a challenge but possible) and for high winds we take 4 off and fly 3 stacks. They have been flown in demo's up to 20 mph. This year at Berck we flew a techno routine with these and tails (some one played the wrong music!) . You all NEED a stack of these. Infact, buy two and put them together and then you can fly 6 on your own (join a gym first) or split it to fly with a friend.

Any idea of what colours you are going to do?

Attached Thumbnails

• berck_rev_stacks4.JPG.jpg

Stephen Hoath

<a href="http://www.baidesign.net" rel="nofollow">Bai Design</a>

cappalatte-150x90.jpg

#3 CLTKiter

CLTKiter

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 25 July 2006 - 06:25 PM

Rev II stacks are cool. And a stack of 3 is easy to set up and easy to fly. Here's a picture of mine...

Doug

Attached Thumbnails

• 100_2054.JPG

W.A.C.K.O.S. - Wings Across Carolina Kiting and Okra Society

#4 Stephen Hoath

Stephen Hoath

Rev Guru

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 700 posts

Posted 26 July 2006 - 08:42 AM

Nice picture!

I totaly agree, setting up a 3 stack takes no time at all, especialy if you leave the kites stacked together. In terms of fun/effort ratio a stack score highly.  My favourite move is all the kites bar the front one are lying face down on the ground with only the front kite in the normal (facing the flyer) position.  Simply take off and all the other kites pict up into the air.  It looks great and surprises anyone watching.

Stephen Hoath

<a href="http://www.baidesign.net" rel="nofollow">Bai Design</a>

cappalatte-150x90.jpg

#5 monkey

monkey

Rev Guru

• Forum Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 838 posts

Posted 26 July 2006 - 06:28 PM

I never did get this out while I was in Berck, but for the other end of the spectrum of small stacks, I present my "mini" 1 stack. One of the kites I've owned for years, the other I got by accident when a friend said "i have a rev in my attic, want it, its yours" She had no idea it matched one I had already :)

Attached Thumbnails

• stack.jpg

David Hathaway, Revisionist
-~ REVisions
-~ www.simian-studios.ca
-~ www.teamiquad.com
Postatem obscuri lateris nescitis!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users