29 replies to this topic

#21 big bri

big bri

BRIAN...

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,656 posts

Posted 17 December 2007 - 07:24 AM

Cheers Watty for the laughter,i bet youve all been telling that Christmas Cracker at the weekend.

DENNY,
Another spare part that would be usefull is a Good quality Ground Stake Denny.I make my own.

Get some 8inch or 12inch long, round, stainless steal bar[doesnt rust]with 8mm or upto 12mm around[diameter]
Drill a hole in a POOL BALL[like ya just have um just lying around the house,doesnt everyone] about halfway in to it [golf balls are ok]with an 8mm bit or 12mm.The same should be used as the bar is round [diameter] A good blob of Apoxy Resin on one end and slot that end into the hole in the ball.Allow to dry and you have a Good anchor for your lines.

Here Endeth The Lesson :}

BRIAN...

#22 dunc

dunc
  • Forum Member
  • 30 posts

Posted 17 December 2007 - 08:10 AM

Hi Denny i fly a 1.5sle and i have had some serious clouts in the past it was my first rev and i still enjoy flying it.It is stronger than you would expect and like the guys have said just GO AND FLY ...............Duncan :matrix:

#23 Jim Foster

Jim Foster

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 851 posts

Posted 17 December 2007 - 09:33 AM

Yes, you will need a kite stake. I make them from large apikes and golf balls. Our condo is on a golf course, so I have a constant supply of golf balls from our patio. Cut the head off the spike, leaving the knurls on the spike, drill a hole in the ball about 2/3 the way through. Drill a hole the same size as the spike. When you remove the drill bit, the inside of the hole will get smaller due to the compressed rubber inside the ball. Drive the spike into the ball. The rubber will contract around the spike. I never have to use glue or epoxy of any type. You will want to file the burrs from the sharp end of the spike.

Untill you get around to that, a 10" or 12" screwdriver works very well.

Jim
Fly together! Share the joy, Share the fun

#24 DWayne

DWayne

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 17 December 2007 - 10:21 AM

Sorry I didn't laugh sooner Brian. ;)
A ground stake is a good idea. Don't have much use for one with dual line kites but with a Rev it looks like a must have item. Thanks.
Duncan, I'm glad to hear the kite will take a lot without breaking. But being very familiar with Murphy I'm getting a spare 3 wrap rod. :prop:
Speaking of Murphy, it's suppose to rain here all week. :badmood:
Thanks for all the advice guys.

Denny

#25 RevWizard

RevWizard

Rev Guru and Historian

• Forum Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,467 posts

Posted 17 December 2007 - 11:35 AM

Yes, you will need a kite stake. I make them from large apikes and golf balls. Our condo is on a golf course, so I have a constant supply of golf balls from our patio. Cut the head off the spike, leaving the knurls on the spike, drill a hole in the ball about 2/3 the way through. Drill a hole the same size as the spike. When you remove the drill bit, the inside of the hole will get smaller due to the compressed rubber inside the ball. Drive the spike into the ball. The rubber will contract around the spike. I never have to use glue or epoxy of any type. You will want to file the burrs from the sharp end of the spike.

Jim

Kite stakes:
I always used tent stakes that you can get at the sporting goods stores. I go for the cheap ones, as I sometime loose them.

Long John (formerly Mr. R)

STACK International Executive Committee - 6/1996-6/2008
International Rules Book Committee and STACK International Head Judge - 6/2004-6/2008
World Sport Kite Championship Judge - 2004-2005-2006(Chief Judge)
13x 1st - 12x 2nd - 6x 3rd places in 37 overall Quadline individual competitions

Web Site - http://www.johnnmitchell.com/index.html Check it out today!

#26 DWayne

DWayne

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 17 December 2007 - 02:02 PM

Instead of spare parts I ended up getting a 1.5 vented with a 4 wrap frame to go with my full sail 1.5 :mf_party:

:rev_clockwork:

I'm all revved up now. :clap2:

Denny

#27 DWayne

DWayne

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 17 December 2007 - 02:08 PM

Jim

That sounds easy enough. I'll give that a try. Thanks Jim.

Denny

#28 DWayne

DWayne

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 20 December 2007 - 06:45 AM

Jim

Thanks again for this tip Jim. A few minutes in the garage and I've got an ample supply of kite stakes. And for a buck a piece. :blue-cool:
kite_stake_001__Medium_.jpg

Denny

#29 big bri

big bri

BRIAN...

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,656 posts

Posted 20 December 2007 - 08:03 AM

Hey,what a guy.Looks cool.

Let me know the first time youve rammed it all the way in and either.A Dog tries to take it,or some old guy trys kicking it and breaks his Toe.

Dangerous sport this kite flying lark :rolleyes:

BRIAN...

#30 Jim Foster

Jim Foster

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 851 posts

Posted 20 December 2007 - 01:20 PM

Drive it all the way into the ground and wait until some fool comes along with a golf club.
That should be a real crowd pleaser! :clap;
Fly together! Share the joy, Share the fun

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users