5 replies to this topic

#1 big bri

big bri

BRIAN...

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,656 posts

Posted 06 December 2007 - 11:56 AM

Hi everyone,ive had a quick look on the subject of line length and poundage on the forum,but cant find a deffinate answer.Anyone got a good experience with the correct line set to use.
Primarily it will be used for a Progressive stack.

Thanks guys /gals

BRIAN...

#2 nobodyspecial

nobodyspecial

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 574 posts

Posted 06 December 2007 - 12:34 PM

Hey Bri,

I've been using my prog stack with 85'x150# in winds upto 18 mph. don't know if that helps but it is what works for me, and ant, an RAW, and anybody else who wanted to fly my stack last saturday.

#3 awindofchange

awindofchange

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 883 posts

Posted 06 December 2007 - 12:38 PM

The progressive stack should be perfect with 150# line. I don't think you would need anything more than that. If you do have 200# then it sure wouldn't hurt at all but I don't think I would go lighter than 150# unless you are only planning on flying it in the lightest of winds.

Line length will depend on your flying field. There isn't much difference in flying a progressive stack as there is to flying a single Rev (relating to line length that is). Whatever length you currently prefer for your single Rev's should be optimum for your stack. I say anything between 70' and 120' would be what I would prefer.

#4 RevWizard

RevWizard

Rev Guru and Historian

• Forum Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,462 posts

Posted 06 December 2007 - 01:27 PM

The progressive stack should be perfect with 150# line. I don't think you would need anything more than that. If you do have 200# then it sure wouldn't hurt at all but I don't think I would go lighter than 150# unless you are only planning on flying it in the lightest of winds.

Line length will depend on your flying field. There isn't much difference in flying a progressive stack as there is to flying a single Rev (relating to line length that is). Whatever length you currently prefer for your single Rev's should be optimum for your stack. I say anything between 70' and 120' would be what I would prefer.

I use and recommend the same! 150# at about 100 ft.

Long John (formerly Mr. R)

STACK International Executive Committee - 6/1996-6/2008
International Rules Book Committee and STACK International Head Judge - 6/2004-6/2008
World Sport Kite Championship Judge - 2004-2005-2006(Chief Judge)
13x 1st - 12x 2nd - 6x 3rd places in 37 overall Quadline individual competitions

Web Site - http://www.johnnmitchell.com/index.html Check it out today!

#5 FortFlyer

FortFlyer

Jimi Quadsticks

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,405 posts

Posted 06 December 2007 - 05:04 PM

Anything over 150# while not needed can have benefits in the higher wind range to me they seem stiffer and more responsive, while LPG doesn't really stretch with the pull of a stack and in my case the Power Blast 2-4 the heavier line feels more direct and instant.

As far as length goes the longer the lines the more control you have, that again varies upon where your flying and how much line you want to reel in and out.
Jim,
Ft. Taber Park & Brenton Point

Rev's are like a carbon framed out-of-body experience

Posted Image

#6 big bri

big bri

BRIAN...

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,656 posts

Posted 07 December 2007 - 06:31 AM

Thanks fellas,its what myself and Dave had planned to use.Now to try and get some LPG ,around 2000ft of the stuff we want.Over here we dont half have problems getting line of a top grade quality at realistic prices.I will surf the net as always,but,,,,,
Any ideas on the best guys to use.

BRIAN...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users