• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

#1 Thomas

Thomas
  • Forum Member
  • 8 posts

Posted 29 October 2007 - 08:16 AM

Hi to you all,

I want to tell you my problems to get a “Barresi” here in Germany.

I have been flying my Rev. 1.5 EXP. for a year and have now decided to buy a Rev 1.5. B-Series.

I started the search in the net and found a dealer called „Chill Out“ in Augsburg, Germany. The guy at the phone was very aggressive and told me the following: „A Barresi? What's the reason for that kite? Nobody needs such a kite and there will be no dealer in Europe to import these kites. What will I do with such a kite (stupid question!!!) and this kite is sassy expensive.
I was a little astonished and found no words. I said “thanks” to him and hang up.

Next I looked to the homepage of Revolution and found an official Revolution dealer for Germany called „Wolkenstürmer“. I wrote an e-mail with the request of an offer of a B-Series Revolution kite. Up to now I have not received an answer from Wolkenstürmer (He is called the best kite shop in the internet.......).

I think Revolution should think about the support of such „dealers“. I'm the customer and if I want to by a Barresi I pay the price and not the dealer. Now, what can I do to get a Rev. 1.5 B-Series here in Germany? I think I must order one at a dealer direct in the USA. Is this the only solution, please advise.

Thank you for your support.

#2 RevWizard

RevWizard

Rev Guru and Historian

• Forum Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,402 posts

Posted 29 October 2007 - 08:40 AM

Hi to you all,

I want to tell you my problems to get a “Barresi” here in Germany.

snip.....

Just curious who the person was who answered the phone at Chill Out. If it was NOT Richard Grabner, call again and simply ask for Richard and complain. Tell him I sent sent you and I do highly recommend the REV 1.5 JB. He will surely be cooperative.

You can also purchase a REV 1.5 JB from other shops within the European Union without having to pay any import tax, because they already paid it. Some of the best prices I have seen are at Cometalia in Valencia, Spain: http://cometalia.com/
Ask for Domingo Pino, he speaks perfect English. I have no idea if they stock the JB. If you get a guy on the phone who only speaks Spanish, that would be Jose. Use you best Spanish to ask for Senor Pino.
There are some other shops in the EU that have the REV 1.5 JB, in particular the UK. Check around in this forum, there is a shop that several in the UK really like.

Servus,
John

Long John (formerly Mr. R)

STACK International Executive Committee - 6/1996-6/2008
International Rules Book Committee and STACK International Head Judge - 6/2004-6/2008
World Sport Kite Championship Judge - 2004-2005-2006(Chief Judge)
13x 1st - 12x 2nd - 6x 3rd places in 37 overall Quadline individual competitions

Web Site - http://www.johnnmitchell.com/index.html Check it out today!

#3 big bri

big bri

BRIAN...

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,656 posts

Posted 29 October 2007 - 08:46 AM

WAW,What a horrid story Thomas,

If you have no Joy with the places John has Suggested[i think you will though]try KITEWORLD here in the uk.

Ther Superb to deal with.

Good luck Thomas

BRIAN...

#4 Stone in Shoe Bob

Stone in Shoe Bob

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,348 posts

Posted 29 October 2007 - 09:18 AM

WAW,What a horrid story Thomas,

If you have no Joy with the places John has Suggested[i think you will though]try KITEWORLD here in the uk.

Ther Superb to deal with.

Good luck Thomas

BRIAN...

Exelent advice, great service and I suspect they will give you free shipping on a B to Germany.
Link
http://kiteworld.co.uk/
Stone in Shoe Bob

It's Good to Share the Joy.

#5 Fraser

Fraser

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 29 October 2007 - 11:52 AM

Just curious who the person was who answered the phone at Chill Out. If it was NOT Richard Grabner, call again and simply ask for Richard and complain. Tell him I sent sent you and I do highly recommend the REV 1.5 JB. He will surely be cooperative.

You can also purchase a REV 1.5 JB from other shops within the European Union without having to pay any import tax, because they already paid it. Some of the best prices I have seen are at Cometalia in Valencia, Spain: <a href="http://cometalia.com/" target="_blank">http://cometalia.com/</a>
Ask for Domingo Pino, he speaks perfect English. I have no idea if they stock the JB. If you get a guy on the phone who only speaks Spanish, that would be Jose. Use you best Spanish to ask for Senor Pino.
There are some other shops in the EU that have the REV 1.5 JB, in particular the UK. Check around in this forum, there is a shop that several in the UK really like.

Servus,
John

Now THAT's advice, JM! ("Tell him I sent sent you.... He will surely be cooperative". How cool is THAT?? Tony Soprano - eat yer heart out!)
Outstanding. :kid_smartass:

If all that doesn't work Thomas and you end up trying the UK, I'd have to agree with my friends' recommendation of KiteWorld.co.uk. Really friendly, great advice and FINE service.

Fraser

#6 big bri

big bri

BRIAN...

• Forum Member
  • 2,656 posts

Posted 29 October 2007 - 12:35 PM

:lol: JM, SURE IS, THE REV FATHER.

Good call Fraser

BRIAN...

#7 Thomas

Thomas
  • Forum Member
  • 8 posts

Posted 02 November 2007 - 11:43 AM

Hi,

Thanks for your support and comments. :kid_smartass:

Another user has told me, he had the same trouble with the two dealers in Germany.

I really want to know what Revolution to say about this.

I think I will buy a JB in the UK for the season 2008.

Cheers,

Thomas

#8 Stone in Shoe Bob

Stone in Shoe Bob

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,348 posts

Posted 02 November 2007 - 12:49 PM

They do read and they do take note be patient ;)
Stone in Shoe Bob

It's Good to Share the Joy.

#9 outsync

outsync
  • Forum Member
  • 27 posts

Posted 03 November 2007 - 03:10 AM

They do read and they do take note be patient ;)

I've been buying my 2 B series directly in the US, well you do have to pay taxes ( dollar euro rate make up for that somehow) and I takes a litle bit longer, and some one should go and explain Customs over here that a rev 1.5 is not "A non-motorized model plane", but besides that I had no problems.

Good winds,

OutSync
Out Sync since 1984

#10 RevWizard

RevWizard

Rev Guru and Historian

• Forum Admin
  • 3,402 posts

Posted 03 November 2007 - 09:23 AM

I've been buying my 2 B series directly in the US, well you do have to pay taxes ( dollar euro rate make up for that somehow) and I takes a litle bit longer, and some one should go and explain Customs over here that a rev 1.5 is not "A non-motorized model plane", but besides that I had no problems.

Good winds,

OutSync

This is for the European Union.
Most of the times customs will nail you, but sometimes they won't.
The REV kites should really be classified as sports equipment which in most cases lowers the customs a lot.
Remember this also when you are flying on the airlines as sporting equipment, often travels cheaper or for free.
You can probably prove this to customs by informing them that there are sport kite competitions with Revolution kites.
What gets you more is that the sales tax which is based on the sum of the kite price, transportation costs and customs taxes. So make sure that when you order your REV, that you don't pay any state sales tax to a US company when you purchase your REV.

International Rules Book Committee and STACK International Head Judge - 6/2004-6/2008
13x 1st - 12x 2nd - 6x 3rd places in 37 overall Quadline individual competitions

#11 Thomas

Thomas
  • Forum Member
  • 8 posts

Posted 05 November 2007 - 11:24 AM

Hi folks, I'm back again,

Today I got another answer from another "so called" Revolution dealer (here in Germany) for a request of a JB. Yes, yes I should't done this but this dealer looks really promising.

He told me the following:

Thank you very much for your friendly request. So a rare-excelent Kite maybe order by yourselfe?
By what??? :confused!: By myselfe!?! :kid_cussing: You are the dealer. If you don't want to sell kites, why do you offer Revolution kites???????? :censored:
This was the third!!!! dealer who sells Revolution kits and don't have the ability to order a JB for me. :wacko:

I think there are two reaons for my Revolution problem here:

First, my name stand ontop of a black-list for customers who want to by a JB: Oh look, Thomas want's to by a JB? - no way!!!
Second, Revolution has trouble with the dealers here in Germany whatever the reason is.

I will order a JB next year in the UK. I have shown my problems here in the forum and Revolution must decide what is to do. If I want to get a JB I will found the right dealer but it will be a long, long way. Rather bad.....................................................................

Best regards to you all,

Thomas

#12 wufer

wufer

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 05 November 2007 - 11:49 AM

Thomas
Why dont you just take the advice given to you.

Go online and order from www.kiteworld.co.uk

You will get good service from them :D .

Derek.

#13 pascale

pascale
  • Forum Member
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 December 2007 - 11:46 PM

Hello

I am a french girl .....I know a shop in France where you could buy a Baresi . It is red and black .

The price to send a kite in europe is 10 euros

So if you are interrested I will tell you the name of the shop .

Pascale who is waiting is gold and black baresi ....

#14 awindofchange

awindofchange

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 876 posts

Posted 06 December 2007 - 12:59 PM

It's amazing to me that these German dealers are so blind to what a great kite the B-Series kite is. They are definitely missing out on some great sales opportunities.

As far as Revolution doing anything about these dealers....well, if they stock other Rev models then they would be listed as a Rev dealer by the company. BUT that would be as far as Rev could go. It wouldn't be right for Revolution to enforce what or how these individual stores run their business. I am 100% sure that if the store you have talked about wanted to order a couple B-Series kites then Rev would ship them instantly. It is the store that makes that decision, not Rev. Complaining to Revolution about the business antics of your local store is not proper because there really isn't anything Rev can do about how that store operates other than making suggestions to them about what products they should carry. In the end it is still the stores ultimate decision.

If your local store refuses to work with you well....then....it looks like they won't be getting your business. I suggest trying out some of the other stores that were listed in the posts above. If that doesn't work for you then our shop has the B-series rev's in stock all the time and we have all colors in both the standard and vented models. We have no problem at all shipping the kites to you overseas and you can have a nice B-series rev in your hands in about 10-12 days.

It is sad that the stores in your area are not stocking or selling this kite, it is well worth it.

#15 RevWizard

RevWizard

Rev Guru and Historian

• Forum Admin
  • 3,402 posts

Posted 06 December 2007 - 04:47 PM

It's amazing to me that these German dealers are so blind to what a great kite the B-Series kite is. They are definitely missing out on some great sales opportunities.

As far as Revolution doing anything about these dealers....well, if they stock other Rev models then they would be listed as a Rev dealer by the company. BUT that would be as far as Rev could go. It wouldn't be right for Revolution to enforce what or how these individual stores run their business. I am 100% sure that if the store you have talked about wanted to order a couple B-Series kites then Rev would ship them instantly. It is the store that makes that decision, not Rev. Complaining to Revolution about the business antics of your local store is not proper because there really isn't anything Rev can do about how that store operates other than making suggestions to them about what products they should carry. In the end it is still the stores ultimate decision.

If your local store refuses to work with you well....then....it looks like they won't be getting your business. I suggest trying out some of the other stores that were listed in the posts above. If that doesn't work for you then our shop has the B-series rev's in stock all the time and we have all colors in both the standard and vented models. We have no problem at all shipping the kites to you overseas and you can have a nice B-series rev in your hands in about 10-12 days.

It is sad that the stores in your area are not stocking or selling this kite, it is well worth it.

The way it is done in Germany is very different from the USA.
For many many years I lived in Germany. In all that time, I never purchased a REV from a German Kite Shop primarily because they were way over priced compared to other European countries. In addition, they had zero idea what they were selling. Spare parts were rare and far between. There is still only one official dealer in Germany for the REVs. It is simply a monopoly. That dealer supplied most of the other kite shops. So with an in between dealer, you can imagine how the prices sky rocketed. Needless to say those who were in the know purchased their REVs from other countries or made them themselves.
Fortunately in the states, the kite shops purchase direct from Revolution and there is a bit of competition on support and prices.

#16 pascale

pascale
  • Forum Member
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 11:52 AM

Here is the shop in France http://www.tete-en-lair.com/

#17 Thomas

Thomas
  • Forum Member
  • 8 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 01:59 PM

Thank you very much again for all your comments and support. I will see where I buy a B for the next season. Maybe in the Uk, maybe in france.

I whish you all a merry christmas and a happy new year and a good and windy season 2008.

Thomas

#18 Kitelife

Kitelife

Forum Guru

• Forum Host
  • 5,934 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 03:37 PM

Please let us know how it goes Thomas, when you're finally able to pick up your Rev. ;)

John Barresi

johnbarresi.com | kitelife.com | learnkites.com | teamiquad.comkitemap.org
youtube.com/kitelife | facebook.com/kitelifemagazine | KiteLife on Google+

President - American Kitefliers Association

"We cannot direct the wind, but we can adjust the sails."
(found in a fortune cookie - possibly an Einstein quote)

My full list of kite articles - kitelife.com/author/john-barresi

Please reward posts that are helpful, give positive reputation by clicking on "Like This" button on the right side of each post.

#19 Dave M

Dave M

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 12 December 2007 - 01:30 AM

Thank you very much again for all your comments and support. I will see where I buy a B for the next season. Maybe in the Uk, maybe in france.

I whish you all a merry christmas and a happy new year and a good and windy season 2008.

Thomas

Hi Thomas

Sorry for all the problems you have been getting
We ship quite a few items to Germany each year if that helps

Kiteworld are doing some discounts for the Christmas season so
there are some great prices at the moment.

Feel free to contact us for more information if you wish

Above all have a good Christmas and New Year

regards

Dave Mitchell
Kiteworld

#20 Choccy

Choccy

Occasion-al Flyer

• Forum Member
  • 1,880 posts

Posted 29 February 2008 - 06:47 AM

We've also had similar problems with purchasing other types of kites from a UK trader which refused to sell a German kite (irony)!
Consequently they failed and quit trading.
Makes you wonder why they bother.

(Edited 27th March 2008).
1 of the 47.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users