second Rev

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Mr C

Mr C
  • Forum Member
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 October 2007 - 08:15 PM

I've had a rev II for a long,long time. Had an accident with it and broke 1/2 of my leading edge...the 1/2 without the ferrule. It seems to measure 5/16 OD. Can I get just that 1/2 from somewhere, or should I get the whole piece?
Then, the other day I bought a Rev I after doing some research. I flown it once, but the winds were pretty low. After going thru a lot of the topics on this forum, I realize that I could get a lighter leading edge for it for lighter winds? I currently have the 1/4 inch Rev EQ. I guess a 2 or 3 wrap would let it fly in lighter winds?
I need to get new line for the Rev I. I used my Rev II lines that are 75 feet....that didn't help in the lite winds. I'd like to make my purchases from just one place. The Rev site? Do they have everything I need?
When you launch, (if I understand it right),, you put your handles on a 'ground stake', get your lines to the Rev, hook up, then walk back to your handles and then launch? On my Rev II, I had a neat set-up that I got somewhere ???? that you put on the back of the Rev (2 spars) and it will allow the Rev to lean back even with the lines loose. Anyone ever seen a set-up like this. I can try and post a pic of it. It lended weight to the Rev, but I really didn't seem to mind.
Anyways, I be a regular member of this forum and I'll be looking for advice.

#2 Baloo

Baloo

Frequent Flyer

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 16 October 2007 - 09:55 PM

Hi Mr C, welcome.

The Rev 1 SHOULD fly in lighter winds than the Rev 2 due to its greater surface area.

A lighter set of Rods will give you better light wind performance.

The 75 foot lines should be fine for the Rev 1 in light winds. They are probably only 80lb though if they were supplied for the Rev 2. Stronger lines would be better though as I am sure you will want to fly in stronger winds. I typically have line sets in 90 and 150 lb.

Shorter lines make the kite faster. Longer lines slow it down. It will take a couple of minutes to get used to the Rev 1 after the Rev 2. Both EXELLENT kites btw.

You are right about the launch.

The sticks on the back you mention some folkks call training wheels or magic sticks. There are a number of posts on this forum (and the Kitelife forum whick I reccomend if you are not active on there) which talk at length about them and even folks that can tell you how to make them. Someone will I am sure post a link to them for you. I am not sure how to do that.

Once again welcome. Hope you enjoy your Revs as much as I do. I am only a novice and picked the above information up mainly from the forums, you are in a friendly FAMILY type place.

Regards, Chris.

#3 awindofchange

awindofchange

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 875 posts

Posted 17 October 2007 - 10:01 AM

We have rods for your Rev II. You can purchase them HERE - Rev Rods

#4 wufer

wufer

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 17 October 2007 - 11:33 AM

There you go (i think)
http://kitelife.com/...?showtopic=1555

You dont get to find out how the sticks were made, as the post was highjacked (again)!!!!
but you get the idea.

Derek

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users