Blast Bridle

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 06 July 2006 - 09:51 PM

I'm wondering if any one else has had these similar flying characteristics when using the bottom bridles two attachment points on the Blast? And just for clarification I am not using the down bridle.

1. When I use the outside attachment points on the bottom bridle, the kite flies fantastic! It flies precisely, it is very stable & the power is constant & the pull is strong to very strong in 15-20mph winds.

2. When using the inside attachment points on the bottom bridle it flies slower, it's a lot less responsive & when I fly it through the center of the wind window it shutters uncontrollably. Also the frame seems to bow significantly more when flying through the wind window.

Are these typical flying characteristics?

#2 CLTKiter

CLTKiter

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 07 July 2006 - 08:43 AM

I'll be curious to see if anyone has had the same result.  When I got my Blast a couple of years ago, I tried both ways and liked the outside.  Then never went back... :oops:

Doug
W.A.C.K.O.S. - Wings Across Carolina Kiting and Okra Society

#3 nckiter

nckiter

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 07 July 2006 - 11:09 AM

Same set up here. The down bridle always tangled in the wind when setting up or breaking down so I was glad to find out I could take it off.

I've seen several posts on this subject lately. I think I may go back and try the inside points with the down bridle again just to see how it goes.
Kip Clement
Apex (land of light and variable wind) NC

#4 cbabbman

cbabbman
  • Forum Member
  • 42 posts

Posted 07 July 2006 - 12:00 PM

I fly both ways....

I use no down bridal at all.

I use the outer points when I want more power.

I use the inner points when the wind is stronger than I like as it does seems to slow the kite down a bit. I also found that to fly better, I pull in the power lines about an inch (I added a knot to the upper handle attachment point). This seems to smooth out the kite quite a bit.

#5 antman

antman

king of wildwood

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,213 posts

Posted 15 July 2006 - 09:53 AM

i fly my blast with the down bridle in light winds and in  heave winds i take it off i like the outer points of the bottom bridle they seem to have more pull and better control
GOD PUT ME HERE. TO ENJOY THE WINDS

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users