23 replies to this topic

#21 Baloo

Baloo

Frequent Flyer

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 16 October 2007 - 09:23 AM

Sorry John, just thought it was a natural conversation type thing.

Ian conversing about his experiences, and me conversing about the fact that Revs will stand up to BIG winds. Then Ians' replying comment to me.

Apologies for distracting from the theme.

#22 John Oz

John Oz
  • Forum Member
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 November 2007 - 06:51 AM

Epilogue on the torn Blast:

I received the repaired sail yesterday, and the work is extremely good. Postings on this forum and conversations with Ben at Rev have been illuminating, and I am ready to "restart" my Blast experience, benefitting from all I have learned and my practice with my 1.5.

Thanks to Ben and everyone else who assisted me.

John

#23 Fraser

Fraser

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 20 November 2007 - 10:01 AM

Hi there Baloo. Lucky chap meeting JB. 55+ Gale Force! I don't think I would be brave enough either. I tried the 1.5 JB with 2 Leading Edges last week in 20 + and was pleasantly surprised how well it performed compared to the 1.5 SLE stiff rods.

Good to hear from another UK flier.

Ian

Everytime I hear this story, the wind is stronger... Don't listen to them - the wind was about 20mph and they were all rubbish at flying - 'specially that American bloke, so they hatched a plot to dupe us all into believing that they were all heroes and were flying beautifully in Hurricaine Gertrude.

They even speeded up a vid and posted it on YouDupe!

Pah! :kid_devlish:

#24 Harrier

Harrier

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 20 November 2007 - 10:57 AM

Rumbled at last, all hatched in the pub, surprised it took you so long to work it out........umm no I ain't, after seeing those pics of you folk standing around on some deserted beach rugged up as if on Everest I can see you were well took in.. :P :P
Here is where the plan was hatched, pic by Baloo.
http://kitelife.com/...?showtopic=1566

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users