7 replies to this topic

#1 beach

beach

Rev Guru

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,858 posts

Posted 02 July 2006 - 09:30 PM

Its late but I just wanted to share my day with all of you because it was " one of those days". I got to Sea Port village here in San Diego and it was light wind and warm so I worked with a SUL Rev 1 and it was the best fly Ive had in a long time the music I had put in mp3 player wae perfect and I was on my A game for sure and the crowds loved it the only thing missing was more of you. You all know that I go to lots of places and I fly in all conditions but sometmes when I fly for just me I like it the best and today was a day that I will remember for a long time, if any of you are every in San Diego please call me direct at 619-750-8770 or the office and we will get together and fly. Good night family and its been" one of those days"...... Ben 8)

#2 antman

antman

king of wildwood

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,213 posts

Posted 12 July 2006 - 01:18 PM

i hear ya ben i had a day like that this past saterday the winds were just right and i was flyin my 1.5 i had other revs out but for some reason i was just into the 1.5 the music i had was from a setup i riggrd from my truck a stero cd player with a generater nice and loud and goes where i do the day was the best i had in a long time we flew together at wildwood festival this past may i hope to see you here in the east soon
GOD PUT ME HERE. TO ENJOY THE WINDS

#3 REVflyer

REVflyer

Rev Guru

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,339 posts

Posted 04 August 2006 - 11:25 AM

I had the "Ben Day" this past Tuesday standing in front of the Kite Connection on Huntington Beach.

Winds were about 3 to 6 mph all day, my kite is absolutely tuned into this wind range.  There were huge crowds around but I placed a couple of safety cones in my flight zone and stopped everyone from sitting or standing in my area, (sighting safety concerns and my right of first arrival)

I provided a few lessons, chased the spectators crossing into my flight zone, plus the lifeguards, beach patrol and city cops naturally.  It was a fantastic afternoon, jamming to the music and practicing my slack line tricks.

People who fly in these conditions all the time are so incredibly spoiled.  Smooth steady winds & gorgeous sights (wink-wink!)

The next day I came back again, but the wind was stronger and my life returned to normal.  I even met up with Dave (Monkeyboy) for a few laughs late in the evening Wednesday.

Alas, I'm back in the no-wind DC Metro area again, sitting in my office working on a Friday afternoon, but what a great time I had on this road-trip.

#4 St.Even

St.Even
  • Forum Member
  • 44 posts

Posted 04 August 2006 - 12:50 PM

I cannot help but agree with Rev & Ant & Ben. "Those days" are what we live for, when everything just clicks and you couldn't imagine things being any better. It fills your spirit!  Tomorrow I am going to the PCKA festival and in only 2 weeks I'm off to WSIKF. I am so looking forward to this as I expect a few of "those days" during this yrs festival @ Long Beach. See ya there! Steven (St.Even)

#5 antman

antman

king of wildwood

• Forum Member
  • 3,213 posts

Posted 04 August 2006 - 06:51 PM

i had another day likt that today the winds 10 mph had the shockwave and the temp was 110 degrees to hot but with the winds off the water i found my self in shoulder deep water flying my shockwave skimming it across the water top and makeing ride vaves the winds were so good i could do everything i could never do before later that day they picked up to 13 mph so i pulled out my blast and it was pulling me across the water  like body surfing the crowds were all around it was fun to say the least then in the beach parking lot i was doing tip stands in the bed of my truck it was cool and a great day indeed

#6 cbabbman

cbabbman
  • Forum Member
  • 42 posts

Posted 05 August 2006 - 05:39 AM

My day was Thursday after an incredibly hot weeks worth of work during a shutdown at the plastics factory we contract for... 10 hr days with temps in the 110-115 deg range in the buildings (I'm SOOOO sick of gatorade) and 3 hrs of driving each day on a 2 lane road, dodging farm equipment, slow trucks and idiots that make left turns right in front of you...

But, my salvation came once I got out on the field... no one there but me and about 100 geese, crapping all over my flying area... It's great fun chasing them away with my Revs...lol

But, I had a 'Chicago' steady 8mph wind out of the north and my 1.5 SLE never touched the ground during the pathetically short hour I had to fly.... a beautiful 3-D blue sky with giant puffy cumulous clouds... No music for me as lately, my music is the sound of the wind blowing past me from behind, the occasional singing of my lines in a gust and the sound of my 1.5 zinging through the air...

It's really amazing to me that after a stressful and hot week, when I should have been in a terrible mood, my Revs can change everything....

Now, who do I have to thank for a truly life changing, mood altering hobby like this?

lol...
Posted Image

#7 antman

antman

king of wildwood

• Forum Member
  • 3,213 posts

Posted 20 September 2006 - 04:23 PM

cbabbman i would say thank the same people i would because im sure lolly joe and dave all have days like this and this is what came from it some of the best kites ive ever had the privlage to fly ant im hopeing as i stare and drool over my new never been flown vented ss im hopeing to see some high winds this weekend now thats its storm season here in new jersey i should get the chance to fly it and tell another story here on the forum its been 2 weeks and the winds here have been a stand still but they are starting to pick up now that summer is over but as i wait i still have my other kites

#8 cbabbman

cbabbman
  • Forum Member
  • 42 posts

Posted 20 September 2006 - 05:37 PM

as i stare and drool over my new never been flown vented ss

way fun kite in the high winds... fast as hell...

I have a red/gold Rev I showing up tomorrow... I'm excited!

Winds look to be in the teens for the next few days here also....
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users