Heino

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 29 September 2007 - 01:59 PM

Hey

i wonder wath the big difference betwen supersonic and shockwave

do you pull more then fx. sle or b-serie, ore do use 90 pund lines on them too...

it's a friend of mine how wants some more speed, he flyes a exp
- - - - - - - - - -

Heino Poulsen
Billund, Denmark
Posted Image

#2 Watty

Watty

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,867 posts

Posted 29 September 2007 - 03:33 PM

I believe the speed series kites have more pull. The supersonic comes in std. and vtd. it is less extreem than the shockwave which comes only in std.(someone correct me if I'm wrong on any of this) If your friend is a beginner looking for more speed, I recommend a rev II. It is not as fast as the speed series revs, but is easier to control.

Spence "Watty" Watson

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#3 Heino

Heino

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 29 September 2007 - 03:34 PM

I believe the speed series kites have more pull. The supersonic comes in std. and vtd. it is less extreem than the shockwave which comes only in std.(someone correct me if I'm wrong on any of this) If your friend is a beginner looking for more speed, I recommend a rev II. It is not as fast as the speed series revs, but is easier to control.

okay thanks....
- - - - - - - - - -

Heino Poulsen
Billund, Denmark
Posted Image

#4 Watty

Watty

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • 1,867 posts

Posted 29 September 2007 - 03:36 PM

:D

Spence "Watty" Watson

#5 Heino

Heino

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 29 September 2007 - 03:39 PM

:D

hi sayes i will wait to get it. to then he get better flying his exp...
- - - - - - - - - -

Heino Poulsen
Billund, Denmark
Posted Image

#6 Watty

Watty

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • 1,867 posts

Posted 29 September 2007 - 04:23 PM

sounds good.

Spence "Watty" Watson

#7 Baloo

Baloo

Frequent Flyer

• Forum Member
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 30 September 2007 - 02:11 AM

I second Watty on this one. I have a few Rev 2's and a SS type copy. Although the SS is OK I fly the Rev 2 more. It might be that the SS is a copy though.

The best thing is to try B4 you buy. I quite fancy a Blast but want to try one first.

#8 Fraser

Fraser

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 30 September 2007 - 05:38 AM

I just got one Chris - couldn't resist it. However, took it out of my (lovely new Rev) bag for the first time in 12-15mph wind. Put it back in my (lovely new Rev) bag about 4 minutes later. Bloody mental! Could barely stay on my feet - not the kind of Rev-ing I want to do, well not much anyway. Went home and watched the vid that came with it. Learned how I should have set it up :kid_brooding: and saw how it works in 2mph wind. Ha ha!

And, as I type this, Metcheck is saying it's 3-4mph a few miles from me and the sun's just come out, so I think I'll away! :kid_smartass:

#9 Baloo

Baloo

Frequent Flyer

• Forum Member
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 30 September 2007 - 08:30 AM

Let me know how you get on with it Fraser. I am thinking of a Sedgewick and a Blast as my next order.

#10 Fraser

Fraser

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 30 September 2007 - 09:47 AM

Let me know how you get on with it Fraser. I am thinking of a Sedgewick and a Blast as my next order.

Just back. :kid_brooding:

It was TOTAL shite. Not a breath of wind! Arghhh! Got all set up though - ever the optimist - and was then tantalised by being able to get the b*st*rd soaring up like a bird by pulling on the lines and stepping back a bit, but then having to watch it float serenly to the ground whatever I did. Grrrrr!

Report will have to come later. :kid_brooding:

#11 Heino

Heino

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 30 September 2007 - 11:00 AM

do the shockware pull more or wath...

i can not must diffence on rev homepage...
- - - - - - - - - -

Heino Poulsen
Billund, Denmark
Posted Image

#12 antman

antman

king of wildwood

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,213 posts

Posted 30 September 2007 - 11:06 AM

i have both kites and the supersonic is the lighter pulling of the 2 and is eazier to fly then the shockwave .. i like the sonic better myself .. the shockwave had a really nasty pull to it
GOD PUT ME HERE. TO ENJOY THE WINDS

#13 Watty

Watty

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • 1,867 posts

Posted 30 September 2007 - 11:08 AM

both the shockwave and the supersonic pull more, but not near as much as the Blast. The Shockwave is simply faster than the supersonic.

Spence "Watty" Watson

#14 awindofchange

awindofchange

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 875 posts

Posted 01 October 2007 - 01:52 PM

The Shockwave has a ton more pull than the Supersonic. As Watty says, it is still not as much as the Blast. It is definitely a lot more than the Sonic.

I like the Sonic a little better than the Shockwave because I do have a Blast/Power2-4/and Power 4-8 which supplies me with all the pull I ever need. The Sonic can fly in the light winds (sub 8 mph) but you do have to do a lot of walking, a lot of floating, and a ton of patience. To me the light wind is not what I would call fun flying. I would rather put up my 1.5 or a stack in the lighter winds. Now when the winds get between 8 and 15 mph the Sonic is a total blast that will keep you on your toes every second. Think of it as a tethered hornet on steroids and red bull!

Very fast and very exciting. Can't really take your eyes off of it for a second and you have to plan well in front of the kite for your turns and stops. It is a very fun kite to fly and one that I don't think I will ever be without. My Sonic and Vented Sonic have a permanent place in my Rev Bag.

The Shockwave doesn't feel to be quite as fast as the Sonic but don't take this wrong, it is still awesomely faster than any other Rev. The pull can be fun and a lot of people who fly the Shockwave regularly really love it. It does have a little larger sail than the Sonic so lighter wind flying is a little easier but this kite is still best in the stronger winds where it will boggle your mind. The Vented Sonic is still blisteringly fast but with nearly zero pull at all. They do not make a Vented Shockwave to my knowledge.

If you are looking for speed and hair raising thrill, the Sonic and Shockwave are awesome. I think they are best in a smaller wind range than the other Rev models. If you get them out in the right winds you will surely be hooked on them. They put a smile on my face just talking about the way they fly. :kid_devlish:

#15 CLTKiter

CLTKiter

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 01 October 2007 - 03:43 PM

Hi Heino,

I have the Blast, Shockwave, Supersonic and Sonic Vented. That's the order that they pull. The Blast pulls the hardest and the Sonic Vented the least -- in my experience.

I live in an area where the winds are light. I bought the Blast for its light wind performance, and actually you can fly it in the least wind of the four. I was able to try out both the Supersonic and Shockwave before I bought, and with light winds (the low end of the range), the Supersonic seemed to oversteer more than the Shockwave. So I bought the Shockwave. I later found out that the low wind range of the Shockwave really wasn't much more (less?) than the Supersonic, and the Supersonic was way more fun. And the oversteer was just my inability to control the Supersonic precisely.

I bought the Sonic Vented while at the beach and the winds were up. I've flown it in 30+ mph, and fun doesn't describe it! A Wind of Change is right for it -- you can't take your eyes off it. But when you want speed, these do the trick!

Hope this helps.
Doug
W.A.C.K.O.S. - Wings Across Carolina Kiting and Okra Society

#16 Crawf

Crawf
  • Forum Member
  • 25 posts

Posted 30 October 2007 - 06:04 PM

I have the Blast, Shockwave, Supersonic and Sonic Vented. That's the order that they pull. The Blast pulls the hardest and the Sonic Vented the least -- in my experience.

I have an EXP and I'm that close to buying a blast it's not funny and i was wondering if you could give me a direct comparison in pull from a blast to an exp (in high winds)

are we talking chalk and cheese are 2-3 times harder?? I'm 6'1' and weigh about 90kg will it be pulling my backside into the next suburb or just making me lean into it??

Thanks
:rev_clockwork:

#17 FortFlyer

FortFlyer

Jimi Quadsticks

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,405 posts

Posted 30 October 2007 - 06:15 PM

both the shockwave and the supersonic pull more, but not near as much as the Blast. The Shockwave is simply faster than the supersonic.

Actually the Shockwave and Supersonic are pretty much the same speed with the sonic actually being faster due to its less pull,

Funny thing is the Shockwave is slightly Bigger like 2" yet its is 10 times more difficult to fly, why I still cant figure it out.

The shockwave is very very sensitive to side to side handle movements and will slide out faster then slick shoes on fresh ice.

It says its for the most experienced of pilots for a reason, now why it reacts so different than a supersonic is beyond me there really isn't much of a difference aside from the 1" of extra sail around all edges.

For the best fun the Vented Supersonic is by far the most enjoyable of the ( shock-sonic ) series with practice it will fly in almost as light as the standard and aside from the much less pull it brings you into actual precision in the speed series.

I wish the Blast came in a Vented Version I can easily see that as becoming my favorite Rev of all.
Jim,
Ft. Taber Park & Brenton Point

Rev's are like a carbon framed out-of-body experience

Posted Image

#18 wufer

wufer

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 31 October 2007 - 03:13 AM

awindofchange wrote.
"They do not make a Vented Shockwave to my knowledge."

There,s always a first time Kent. ;) :cup_1st:

Derek.

#19 RevWizard

RevWizard

Rev Guru and Historian

• Forum Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,401 posts

Posted 31 October 2007 - 08:50 AM

awindofchange wrote.
"They do not make a Vented Shockwave to my knowledge."

There,s always a first time Kent. ;) :cup_1st:

Derek.

But, you could vent it yourself.
Look at the venting layout of the Supersonic and use it as a basic idea for the Shockwave venting.
Seems to me they had replaced two of the mylar panels with venting or ?

Long John (formerly Mr. R)

STACK International Executive Committee - 6/1996-6/2008
International Rules Book Committee and STACK International Head Judge - 6/2004-6/2008
World Sport Kite Championship Judge - 2004-2005-2006(Chief Judge)
13x 1st - 12x 2nd - 6x 3rd places in 37 overall Quadline individual competitions

Web Site - http://www.johnnmitchell.com/index.html Check it out today!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users