Lines for the b-series

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#21 djinnzfree

djinnzfree
  • Forum Member
  • 26 posts

Posted 28 September 2007 - 03:44 PM

yesterday i bought a second b-series a Vented one! in the same red as i got my STD. yeaahh! nice pair of revo!
the revo Vented don't come with lines, no video, no handle, no weight...
the kite~the putch~3 & 4 wrap sets.
now it's raining... :kid_brooding: maybe tomorrow i'll try it!!! :kid_smartass:

i love cookies & milk!!! :kid_devlish:
°°°have you hugged your kite today?°°°

#22 Heino

Heino

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 06 October 2007 - 03:00 PM

i was out today with my b-series std on about 90 feet lines
the wind was very low so i put in the 2 wrap frame. almost nowind you coud just feel the wind very soft..

but i was not abel to fly the kite..

Will it help to use shorte lines. or shall i have a indoor

Heino Poulsen
Aarre, Denmark

Have a look at my kite website: http://www.blackart.dk

#23 Watty

Watty

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,867 posts

Posted 06 October 2007 - 03:34 PM

Shorter lines will help a bit getting the kite up, but it will speed the kite up as well.

Spence "Watty" Watson

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#24 FortFlyer

FortFlyer

Jimi Quadsticks

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,405 posts

Posted 07 October 2007 - 07:02 AM

yesterday i bought a second b-series a Vented one! in the same red as i got my STD. yeaahh! nice pair of revo!

I thought the B-Series was a package deal ? if so it should have come with everything, or is that not so for the vented version, John ?
Jim,
Ft. Taber Park & Brenton Point

Rev's are like a carbon framed out-of-body experience

Posted Image

#25 MrDenny

MrDenny

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 651 posts

Posted 07 October 2007 - 08:00 AM

Shorter lines will help a bit getting the kite up, but it will speed the kite up as well.

I would go back to the shop where you got it. Ask for the rest of your kite. A copy/paste from The Revolution page call out:

"The John Barresi Signature Series Vented model is the a necessary tool for any hard core precision or competition flier... In addition to the added performance of a vented Revolution, the B-Series graphics are configured to accommodate the venting without sacrificing or changing the look of your kite.

This model comes with the pre-tied adjustable 13" handles, as well as both the 3 wrap and 4 wrap frames. "

Denny #12

.. .

Posted Image

#26 Watty

Watty

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,867 posts

Posted 07 October 2007 - 12:27 PM

The B-Series package does not come with lines, but should include video, handles and weights. Go back to your vender! Did you pay the package price, or buy just the kite?

Spence "Watty" Watson

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#27 Kitelife

Kitelife

Forum Guru

• Forum Host
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,936 posts

Posted 09 October 2007 - 02:53 PM

B-Series Vented should be packaged with handles, 2 frames, weights and the special DVD.

If you did not receive these, I would recommend you question the seller.

John Barresi

johnbarresi.com | kitelife.com | learnkites.com | teamiquad.comkitemap.org
youtube.com/kitelife | facebook.com/kitelifemagazine | KiteLife on Google+

"We cannot direct the wind, but we can adjust the sails."
(found in a fortune cookie - possibly an Einstein quote)

My full list of kite articles - kitelife.com/author/john-barresi

Please reward posts that are helpful, give positive reputation by clicking on "Like This" button on the right side of each post.

#28 AldenMiler

AldenMiler

Bazzer P Wannabe

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,435 posts

Posted 09 October 2007 - 06:56 PM

Heck, take the paragraph from the company page and John's post. That ought to do it!

:kid_smartass:

-Alden
"Don't go in there!" RC

#29 ian4c

ian4c

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 22 October 2007 - 08:53 AM

B-Series Vented should be packaged with handles, 2 frames, weights and the special DVD.

If you did not receive these, I would recommend you question the seller.

Interesting. My B-Series Vented which arrived a week of so ago came with lines. A set of 90lb, 80ft Laser Pro Gold. Packed sealed within the sealed outer bag. Therefore as supplied by Revolution to Kiteworld UK.

Perhaps this is a new feature or was I just lucky? But then again, perhaps Ben put this line set in a few packs and the first buyer to mention it will get a special prize.

Wishful thinking!

#30 awindofchange

awindofchange

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 883 posts

Posted 22 October 2007 - 11:39 AM

The factory supplied B-series kite does not come with lines. This was a decision that was made between Revolution and John.

But...
If a dealer orders the kites and then requests that a certain line get supplied with THEIR order and asks Rev to include the lines inside the bag then Revolution will do this as a personal thing for the dealer. This does not mean that the lines are free or included in the price of those packages, Rev will still charge extra for the linesets above the normal cost of the b-series, they will just be nice and put them in the package for you. It would be at the Dealers discretion to charge extra for the included line or not.

Usually people who are interested in purchasing the B-series kites are looking for a higher end product and will usually have a personal favorite line length they wish to fly it on. These lengths will vary from one person to another. Therefore making the lines available as an option will save money for those that already have a large selection of lines in their bags and also make it nice for the customers who want the kite but want to have a special length lineset with it (without having to get stuck with yet another lineset that they already have a bunch of).

For all general purposes, lines are NOT included with the B-series kite kits.

#31 Fraser

Fraser

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 23 October 2007 - 11:17 AM

Heck, take the paragraph from the company page and John's post. That ought to do it!

:kid_smartass:

-Alden

Or a stick. That's what we do in Glasgow (have you SEEN Braveheart?)! LOL :kid_devlish:

#32 Fraser

Fraser

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 23 October 2007 - 11:18 AM

Interesting. My B-Series Vented which arrived a week of so ago came with lines. A set of 90lb, 80ft Laser Pro Gold. Packed sealed within the sealed outer bag. Therefore as supplied by Revolution to Kiteworld UK.

Perhaps this is a new feature or was I just lucky? But then again, perhaps Ben put this line set in a few packs and the first buyer to mention it will get a special prize.

Wishful thinking!

No, not lucky. I've bought two B's - separately - from KiteWorld this year - standard and vented, and they both came with everything, packaged just as you described, Ian.

I was wondering if djinnzfree meant he's bought a second-HAND vented..... not from a shop.

#33 ian4c

ian4c

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 23 October 2007 - 11:43 AM

No, not lucky. I've bought two B's - separately - from KiteWorld this year - standard and vented, and they both came with everything, packaged just as you described, Ian.

I was wondering if djinnzfree meant he's bought a second-HAND vented..... not from a shop.

Thanks Fraser, interesting. So thank you to Kiteworld for the extra consideration. Good company!

Ian

#34 Fraser

Fraser

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 23 October 2007 - 10:05 PM

Thanks Fraser, interesting. So thank you to Kiteworld for the extra consideration. Good company!

Ian

Well, in light of Kent's post above, it's maybe not quite as simple I suppose. But KiteWorld are a great company - I'm not an expert in all of this so don't have huge experience of a multitude of shops over years and years or anything, but I really can't see you going far wrong dealing with them for any kiting requirements whatsoever (no link between me and them, honest - just outstanding service. :kid_smartass: )

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users