Rev Rod Bags

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 kitedog

kitedog
  • Forum Member
  • 28 posts

Posted 20 September 2007 - 07:18 PM

Don't you just hate it when your rods get mixed up? I have a number of revs and a number of sets of rods to go with them. And when I am done flying at the end of the day or the week I usually put them away without the rods.

Well I was sewing on our club kite the other day and had some spare time so I whipped up some new rod bags.

I made the bags just in time for my new race rods, hehe, I haven't even taken them out of the bag for a test flight.

1=Race Rods
2=Pro "2 wrap"
3=Ultra "3 wrap"
4=Rev "4 wrap"
Blank=Extra Rods in case I break one :kid_frustrated:

123.JPG 125.JPG

#2 MrDenny

MrDenny

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 651 posts

Posted 20 September 2007 - 07:50 PM

Don't you just hate it when your rods get mixed up? I have a number of revs and a number of sets of rods to go with them. And when I am done flying at the end of the day or the week I usually put them away without the rods.

Well I was sewing on our club kite the other day and had some spare time so I whipped up some new rod bags.

I made the bags just in time for my new race rods, hehe, I haven't even taken them out of the bag for a test flight.

1=Race Rods
2=Pro "2 wrap"
3=Ultra "3 wrap"
4=Rev "4 wrap"
Blank=Extra Rods in case I break one :kid_frustrated:

NICE!!
How do you roll/fold the sail without the frame in? Do you still put them in the bag?

Denny #12

.. .

Posted Image

#3 antman

antman

king of wildwood

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,213 posts

Posted 21 September 2007 - 02:36 AM

i like it .. al though i only have one set of each so i just switch them as i need them but if i get more ill have to try that
GOD PUT ME HERE. TO ENJOY THE WINDS

#4 Aerochic

Aerochic

Revadelic

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,722 posts

Posted 21 September 2007 - 05:03 AM

Great Idea! It's like golf club covers for kites! Hee!

Better Living Through Rev Flying...

Rev Themed Ts & Goodies: http://www.zazzle.co...ckarts/clothing
Aerostakes: http://www.etsy.com/shop/LeshockArts
Rev Galleries: http://www.revkites....=user&user=1408
Flickr Pics: http://www.flickr.co...s/16896184@N05/

#5 Watty

Watty

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,867 posts

Posted 21 September 2007 - 02:01 PM

That's cool! I'll have to do that when I buy some more spars. I'm too lazy to pack up my kites without the spars.

Spence "Watty" Watson

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#6 kitedog

kitedog
  • Forum Member
  • 28 posts

Posted 21 September 2007 - 05:16 PM

I tri-fold it like the leading edge is still in the sleeve. When it is folded the leading edge is stiff enough to roll the rest of the material. Then I slide it back in the bag.

It only takes a second to get the leading edge out. I just apply a little pressure and it holds all three rods together and it slides right out. Every once in a while one of the rods will be left behind and then it takes a minute or so to get it out.

But who knows I might like the race rods in the kites full time and just leave them in there.

Arns

#7 MrDenny

MrDenny

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 651 posts

Posted 21 September 2007 - 06:11 PM

I tri-fold it like the leading edge is still in the sleeve. When it is folded the leading edge is stiff enough to roll the rest of the material. Then I slide it back in the bag.

It only takes a second to get the leading edge out. I just apply a little pressure and it holds all three rods together and it slides right out. Every once in a while one of the rods will be left behind and then it takes a minute or so to get it out.

But who knows I might like the race rods in the kites full time and just leave them in there.

Arns

Interesting. I have tried that but when I'm finished folding it isn't stiff enough to get back into the bag. I wonder what I am doing different?

Denny #12

.. .

Posted Image

#8 kitedog

kitedog
  • Forum Member
  • 28 posts

Posted 21 September 2007 - 09:23 PM

You must be using a regular Rev bag. Sometimes it is difficult to get the kites back in with the rods. I can still get the kites in without rods. Roll up the kite, stick one end in the bag and gently twist the kite in same direction you rolled it up. It should slide right in, sometimes I get a knot from the bridle or part of the kite snags on the opening but usually I don't have any problems. I do this with rods or without.

The B-Series come in a larger bag. You can get 2 in there easy, maybe 4 with no problems. You just drop them right in.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users