134 replies to this topic

#41 CLTKiter

CLTKiter

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 20 September 2007 - 05:39 PM

Amy, I can't possibly understand your feelings, but you have my complete sympathy. I don't have anything in my bag that compares to yours, but I would be devastated if mine were stolen. If mine were, they could be replaced, but yours can't. I am truly sorry for you and hope you recover them unharmed soon.

Doug
W.A.C.K.O.S. - Wings Across Carolina Kiting and Okra Society

#42 mousieo

mousieo

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts

Posted 20 September 2007 - 07:43 PM

Just a long shot,but many kite bags are very alike fishing tackle bags.I reckon they could even think thats what they stole.I dont know,but fishing shops,pawn shops,flee markets.

Those kites cant fly anywhere on this planet without someone ringing the bell.They cant be kite folk.Any one who knows this type of kite will be in the picture.I bet they try and sell them to a pawn shop or i hope an active flyer.Then THER STUFFED.
BRIAN...

Amy,

I just had a thought... and I know you don't want to think about this, but.....if your kites don't show up, would your auto or home-owners insurance cover your lost :confused!:
I hope it doesn't come down to this and they show up soon,

Joe

hugs and ty.
I did call the resale sports stores and pawn shops. I am hoping home owners will cover it.. at least the ones that can be replaced..

I hate to say this, but we need to add one more kite to that list. It is an indoor Denny, pink with white tips.. see pic. sigh.

Attached Thumbnails

• denny.jpg

#43 kiteweazle

kiteweazle
  • Forum Member
  • 10 posts

Posted 21 September 2007 - 07:30 AM

Hello Amy,
I´m awfully sorry about your stolen kites. What kind of people do something like this? You can be shure that we keep one`s eyes peeled for you`r beautifull and eye-catching kites. I hope you get them all back.

I wish you good luck,
Karl-Heinz
Regards Karl-Heinz

... always have a nice wind ...

sorry, about my bad english - if you find some mistakes, you can keep hold them ....

#44 RevWizard

RevWizard

Rev Guru and Historian

• Forum Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,422 posts

Posted 21 September 2007 - 08:31 AM

More detailed information with photos of Mousieo's missing kites are at this URL:
http://home.arcor.de...es20070919.html

Long John (formerly Mr. R)

STACK International Executive Committee - 6/1996-6/2008
International Rules Book Committee and STACK International Head Judge - 6/2004-6/2008
World Sport Kite Championship Judge - 2004-2005-2006(Chief Judge)
13x 1st - 12x 2nd - 6x 3rd places in 37 overall Quadline individual competitions

Web Site - http://www.johnnmitchell.com/index.html Check it out today!

#45 mousieo

mousieo

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts

Posted 21 September 2007 - 10:48 AM

Hi,
Still no news.. but ty for helping me . I am holding out hope..

#46 Jim Foster

Jim Foster

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts

Posted 21 September 2007 - 01:20 PM

Amy

That just makes me ill. I remember a few years ago Bob Serack's van was stolen and he lost all of his kites and banners.
Did they only take your kite stuff?

Lynn and I are on a road trip right now, but will surely keep a lookout in the Southern California area.
Fly together! Share the joy, Share the fun

#47 Watty

Watty

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,867 posts

Posted 21 September 2007 - 01:58 PM

Every time I come to this thread, I think that I would be devestated if my bag was stolen, and I don't have near the things that you have. I'm so sorry!!!!

This person deserves a good hard beating! :boxing:

Spence "Watty" Watson

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#48 mousieo

mousieo

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts

Posted 21 September 2007 - 02:48 PM

Amy

That just makes me ill. I remember a few years ago Bob Serack's van was stolen and he lost all of his kites and banners.
Did they only take your kite stuff?

Lynn and I are on a road trip right now, but will surely keep a lookout in the Southern California area.

Every time I come to this thread, I think that I would be devestated if my bag was stolen, and I don't have near the things that you have. I'm so sorry!!!!

This person deserves a good hard beating! :boxing:

Hugs.. thanks Lynn and Jim and Watty.... yeah it bites. Connor and I have discovered more items missing from the car. and I remembered that my denny was in there also.. we are up to 15 kites.. plus multiple line sets, handles, stakes, etc. ugh

#49 mousieo

mousieo

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts

Posted 22 September 2007 - 03:47 PM

Just an update.

Connor and I walked for 2 hours along the canal roads looking in ditches to no avail. The longer this goes, the more I am thinking we may not see them again. Or perhaps they will show up elsewhere... out of this area.

A continued ty to everyone for keeping your eyes open for them.

hugs mousie

#50 antman

antman

king of wildwood

• Forum Member
  • 3,213 posts

Posted 22 September 2007 - 04:04 PM

as i said before we will find you and when we do you will learn a great lession to never steal a kite bag again :kid_brooding:
GOD PUT ME HERE. TO ENJOY THE WINDS

#51 RevWizard

RevWizard

Rev Guru and Historian

• Forum Admin
  • 3,422 posts

Posted 22 September 2007 - 06:31 PM

Just an update.

Connor and I walked for 2 hours along the canal roads looking in ditches to no avail. The longer this goes, the more I am thinking we may not see them again. Or perhaps they will show up elsewhere... out of this area.

A continued ty to everyone for keeping your eyes open for them.

hugs mousie

Mousie,

AJSKA(All Japan Sport Kite Association) also has notice of your stolen kites on there web site at:
http://www.ajska.gr.jp/

Long John (formerly Mr. R)

STACK International Executive Committee - 6/1996-6/2008
International Rules Book Committee and STACK International Head Judge - 6/2004-6/2008
World Sport Kite Championship Judge - 2004-2005-2006(Chief Judge)
13x 1st - 12x 2nd - 6x 3rd places in 37 overall Quadline individual competitions

Web Site - http://www.johnnmitchell.com/index.html Check it out today!

#52 mousieo

mousieo

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts

Posted 22 September 2007 - 07:46 PM

Mousie,

AJSKA(All Japan Sport Kite Association) also has notice of your stolen kites on there web site at:
http://www.ajska.gr.jp/

Hugs John... ty very much and please express my thanks to the AJSKA for their help.

#53 Fraser

Fraser

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 23 September 2007 - 05:51 AM

What a nightmare Amy.

I've just bought a couple more kites and a Rev bag and when I'd transferred everything into my shiny new bag, suddenly realised how much that innocuous bundle was worth and nearly wet my pants! Four kites plus bag - admittedly at our ridiculous UK prices - nearly £1000 (that's TWO GRAND to you transatlantic types)!!! Given that you had something like five times the number - even ignoring their one-off and personalised nature - it's a MAJOR loss. I hope you've tried your car insurer and your home insurer (though you may have to be inventive and tell each about different kites - I can't see either policy picking up the whole tab.

There's a lesson here people - NEVER leave yer stuff in the car. There's just so much pond-life out there.

On a more helpful note (I hope) - I'm no expert, but isn't it possible to put watch words and key words into Ebay, which would flag up any new 'Revolution', or 'coloured design kite' type listings? If we all do it - you just never know.

Fraser

#54 stevepigeon

stevepigeon

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 547 posts

Posted 23 September 2007 - 07:04 AM

Dear Amy
We're so sorry to hear of your loss. My husband gave me the Scarlett red as a gift and I'm proud to own such a beautiful Rev. I treasure it. We will keep our ears and eyes open here in Florida. If anyone should come into or call our shop (Kitesville) concerning these kites will will call the police right away. Also we distribute kites all over the country and will alert our customers to do the same. Again if there is any other way we can help please let us know.

Steve and Sherri Pigeon
Lovers of Revs
Owners of Kitesville USA
AKA Members

Kitesville USA 1-800-445-6902
Steve & Sherri

#55 mousieo

mousieo

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts

Posted 23 September 2007 - 07:42 AM

Dear Amy
We're so sorry to hear of your loss. My husband gave me the Scarlett red as a gift and I'm proud to own such a beautiful Rev. I treasure it. We will keep our ears and eyes open here in Florida. If anyone should come into or call our shop (Kitesville) concerning these kites will will call the police right away. Also we distribute kites all over the country and will alert our customers to do the same. Again if there is any other way we can help please let us know.

Steve and Sherri Pigeon
Lovers of Revs
Owners of Kitesville USA
AKA Members
Kitesville USA 1-800-445-6902

I am so so glad that you have the Scarlette Red. At least I know someone is enjoying her... Thank you for all your help.

****May it be noted to all: Steve and Sherry purchased that Scarlette Red through Revolution. The Prototype looks just like it except that it has a hibiscus flower on it whereas Sherry's does not. I just want to make certain there is no confusion. ****.

I am truly thankful that the three Scarlettes sold through Rev are out there and safe.... Keep em in the air.

They can take my kites, but they can't take my wings.....

mousie

#56 mousieo

mousieo

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts

Posted 23 September 2007 - 07:44 AM

What a nightmare Amy.

I've just bought a couple more kites and a Rev bag and when I'd transferred everything into my shiny new bag, suddenly realised how much that innocuous bundle was worth and nearly wet my pants! Four kites plus bag - admittedly at our ridiculous UK prices - nearly £1000 (that's TWO GRAND to you transatlantic types)!!! Given that you had something like five times the number - even ignoring their one-off and personalised nature - it's a MAJOR loss. I hope you've tried your car insurer and your home insurer (though you may have to be inventive and tell each about different kites - I can't see either policy picking up the whole tab.

There's a lesson here people - NEVER leave yer stuff in the car. There's just so much pond-life out there.

On a more helpful note (I hope) - I'm no expert, but isn't it possible to put watch words and key words into Ebay, which would flag up any new 'Revolution', or 'coloured design kite' type listings? If we all do it - you just never know.

Fraser

Good Idea, I have been checking on ebay , but I will go see if I can do that now... maybe they will send me notices then.

#57 Fraser

Fraser

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 23 September 2007 - 10:00 AM

Good Idea, I have been checking on ebay , but I will go see if I can do that now... maybe they will send me notices then.

Well, nothing in the UK part (just went through all 28pages of "'kite' in all sections" :kid_brooding: ). Hardly likely to be trying to sell any of it here, but ya never know, do ya?

#58 mousieo

mousieo

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts

Posted 23 September 2007 - 01:59 PM

Well, nothing in the UK part (just went through all 28pages of "'kite' in all sections" :kid_brooding: ). Hardly likely to be trying to sell any of it here, but ya never know, do ya?

ty so much for looking... I know it takes time, and i appreciate it.. hugs mousie

#59 Stone in Shoe Bob

Stone in Shoe Bob

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 23 September 2007 - 02:26 PM

I've been giving this some thought and it has just occurred to me that maybe we are missing a trick here.

With all the publicity we have made sure that these kites are now too hot to handle almost anywhere in the world (there can't be a serious Rev flier on the planet that doesn't know it) but the question we have to ask is, does the toe rag that nicked them, I think he needs to be made aware that they are going to be very difficult to off load and that any one who can appreciate their true value is also going to know they will never be able to fly them, at least not in public.
Stone in Shoe Bob

It's Good to Share the Joy.

#60 Fraser

Fraser

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 24 September 2007 - 03:45 AM

ty so much for looking... I know it takes time, and i appreciate it.. hugs mousie

Oh I wasn't helping - I just fancy a bargain! :kid_devlish:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users