134 replies to this topic

#21 Watty

Watty

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,867 posts

Posted 20 September 2007 - 06:19 AM

Holy cow Amy!!!! I don't know what I'd do! I'll keep a lookout as best I can online, and anywhere else.

Who ever does a thing like this deserves worse than some waks with an SLE, mabye 5 SLE's at the same time!!!

Spence "Watty" Watson

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#22 RevWizard

RevWizard

Rev Guru and Historian

• Forum Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,409 posts

Posted 20 September 2007 - 08:17 AM

This is terrible!
I really feel sorry for you and I will pass the information around the world to all the kiters I know.
Was the REV with eyes among the stolen kites?

Long John (formerly Mr. R)

STACK International Executive Committee - 6/1996-6/2008
International Rules Book Committee and STACK International Head Judge - 6/2004-6/2008
World Sport Kite Championship Judge - 2004-2005-2006(Chief Judge)
13x 1st - 12x 2nd - 6x 3rd places in 37 overall Quadline individual competitions

Web Site - http://www.johnnmitchell.com/index.html Check it out today!

#23 monkey

monkey

Rev Guru

• Forum Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 838 posts

Posted 20 September 2007 - 09:06 AM

This is terrible!
I really feel sorry for you and I will pass the information around the world to all the kiters I know.

THANKFULLY Charlie was out of the truck at the time, he's needed for nationals in just over a week. That kite, and her rainbow standard weren't in the truck when this happened. I'll be loaning her my venteds if need be in Ocean Shores.
David Hathaway, Revisionist
-~ REVisions
-~ www.simian-studios.ca
-~ www.teamiquad.com
Postatem obscuri lateris nescitis!

#24 XJJoe01

XJJoe01

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 20 September 2007 - 09:11 AM

It just makes me mad when people steal things. :kid_cussing: I hope all of your kites show up and are in useable shape....

Joe
1 lime and black B standard
1 lime and black B vent
1 20th anniversary edition :)

#25 MrDenny

MrDenny

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 651 posts

Posted 20 September 2007 - 09:34 AM

I am so sorry. If those beautiful kites are ever flown or even see the light of day, they will be recognized and the originals they are and hopefully recovered. I had not seen a lot of them until the pictures you posted last night, so make sure those pictures get out everywhere. This fool sure picked the wrong kites to steal if he has any intention of selling or flying them. Good luck Amy. My eyes are wide open.

Denny #12

.. .

Posted Image

#26 RevWizard

RevWizard

Rev Guru and Historian

• Forum Admin
  • 3,409 posts

Posted 20 September 2007 - 09:58 AM

This is terrible!

The following forums already have your stolen kite message:
Kitelife - http://kitelife.com/...?showtopic=1782
GWTW - http://www.gwtw-kite...?TOPIC_ID=34742
AKA - http://www.aka.kite.org/

I have added the following:
Europe - STACK Forum - http://stack.aeriali....php?storyid=61
England - FracturedAxel - http://fracturedaxel...p?p=78165#78165
Germany - Drachen Forum - http://www.drachenfo...ad.php?id=35776
Italy - STACK Italia - http://www.stackital...sp?TOPIC_ID=802
France - Bilboquet Kites - http://www.bilboquet...0#post637707500
Spain - foro.cometas.info - http://foro.cometas....26716#msg126716

Let us see what we can do with the rest of the world.

John

Long John (formerly Mr. R)

STACK International Executive Committee - 6/1996-6/2008
International Rules Book Committee and STACK International Head Judge - 6/2004-6/2008
World Sport Kite Championship Judge - 2004-2005-2006(Chief Judge)
13x 1st - 12x 2nd - 6x 3rd places in 37 overall Quadline individual competitions

Web Site - http://www.johnnmitchell.com/index.html Check it out today!

#27 awindofchange

awindofchange

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 877 posts

Posted 20 September 2007 - 10:03 AM

This is one of my worst fears. I am soooooo sorry to hear this Amy. I hope they turn up for you somewhere. I will mention it to our kite group out here and have them keep an eye out for them. If they try to peddle them anywhere in cyber space they will be found. There are some really rotten people in the world, I hope they get whats coming to them.

Please keep us updated on your story.

#28 beach

beach

Rev Staff

• Forum Host
  • 1,855 posts

Posted 20 September 2007 - 10:36 AM

This is bad very bad but lets do some damage contol, Amy what do you need for nationals so you can do what you do? No money no problem I need you flying at nationals plain and simple......What my idea is I'll demo the kites and stuff you need and then you can work out of by bag so at least you can fly and from there we'll figure it out.........
Ben

#29 kellykelly

kellykelly

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 444 posts

Posted 20 September 2007 - 10:54 AM

Amy,
I'm soo sorry! We are going to OC Maryland for Sunfest this weekend.
I'll print out our list with photos and pass it out to to the flyiers.
If you need any help let us know! I'm sooo sorry!!

If anyone is going to a festival or club meeting take the list and
show everyone! It would be cool if we could get the kites back!!!

Big Hug!!

Kelly

Kiting Tampa Bay Kite Club
If you plan on Coming to the Tampa Bay Area. We would love to Fly with you..

Check out Kiting Tampa Bay Web site!
Learn more about our club, events and Lots of great kite links.

Just Friends Flying Kites 

Kite Mania South - 2014 Treasure Island Beach! 

#30 kellykelly

kellykelly

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 444 posts

Posted 20 September 2007 - 11:07 AM

Amy,
I just send out an e-mail to all my kite freinds with you info!
Maybe we could get all the RD's to send out a note with
the photos.

I'm soo sorry for your lost!!!

Kelly

Kiting Tampa Bay Kite Club
If you plan on Coming to the Tampa Bay Area. We would love to Fly with you..

Check out Kiting Tampa Bay Web site!
Learn more about our club, events and Lots of great kite links.

Just Friends Flying Kites 

Kite Mania South - 2014 Treasure Island Beach! 

#31 nobodyspecial

nobodyspecial

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 574 posts

Posted 20 September 2007 - 11:10 AM

What In The World Is Going On! This is horrible this is... what is happening when people steal kites, It's like suddenly they seem to be noticed for their value, when they never have as of recent times. The sad thing about this issue is that this person would almost have to know mousieo to be able to figure out the general value of those kites...I will keep an eye out also.

#32 ilh

ilh

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 20 September 2007 - 11:22 AM

I am very sorry to hear this.

I had my first two Revs, a Rev II and homemade Rev II SUL, stolen back in 1996. Major bummer, and they weren't anything like these custom Revs!

--Lee

#33 clare

clare

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 20 September 2007 - 11:33 AM

oh god this is awful.

If it was opportunist theives then the nice good looking bag probably attracted there attention, making them think there was something worth stealing in it. The good side of this, is when they realise they are kites and they dont know how to get rid of them, they may turn up dumped somewhere.

Daft question probably, but have you checked the hedges and such like in local parks and whatnot? A friend of mine had some very expensive skates taken from her car cos the bag attracted the scumbags, she found them dumped in the nearest park, undamaged luckily. Presumably the custom made skates were of no real interest to the theives.

Also, Maybe publishing a list of the kites you had in the bag and photos if possible may help. I, among many other folk, keep a keen eye on fleabay for revs, so might spot it if it they end up listed there. A pal of mine had good results when he circulated pics of his stolen car across his internet pals, the knock on of people passing them on throughout the internet community meant that someone from a completely unrelated forum spotted the car, cos of the unusual plate and body work, and reported it to the police. This was miles away from his home. It came home damaged but it got home. You have probably thought of this too.

#34 mousieo

mousieo

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts

Posted 20 September 2007 - 01:29 PM

I don't even know what to say.... to all of you..except ty.

I don't think any other group of people in the world would be as supportive and caring as all of you.
I wish I could get over feeling sick about this, but I honestly can't. So in trying to be proactive, I have done the following things.

1. told you guys.. which means the entire world knows.. ty so much

2. called the police

3. called and took pictures of the kites to the garbage and recycle company, and they are posting them for the drivers

4. contacted the radio stations , one of which did an interview this am and is airing it to try and recover the kites.

5. talked to nearby businesses and given them info, asking them to watch the dumpsters.

6. posted on craigslist in three different sections.. (took some doing cause you are only allowed to post one ad about each item..so i had to say my kites were stolen in 3 different ways.. rolls eyes.

7. contacted all my friends and coworkers here in town. They all know the kites and also have pics .

I have the day off tomorrow, so I will spend it driving around just looking. All I can do is hope..
ty again for all you are doing... not sure what I would do without you.

hugs, Mousie.. and Connor (my kiddo).

#35 nckiter

nckiter

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 20 September 2007 - 01:58 PM

So sorry to hear about this Amy. I know you must be devastated. Best wishes are with you and I hope they turn up. We keep an eye out on the east coast also.
Kip Clement
Apex (land of light and variable wind) NC

#36 mdilucca

mdilucca

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 349 posts

Posted 20 September 2007 - 02:22 PM

I don't even know what to say.... to all of you..except ty.

I don't think any other group of people in the world would be as supportive and caring as all of you.
I wish I could get over feeling sick about this, but I honestly can't. So in trying to be proactive, I have done the following things.

1. told you guys.. which means the entire world knows.. ty so much

2. called the police

3. called and took pictures of the kites to the garbage and recycle company, and they are posting them for the drivers

4. contacted the radio stations , one of which did an interview this am and is airing it to try and recover the kites.

5. talked to nearby businesses and given them info, asking them to watch the dumpsters.

6. posted on craigslist in three different sections.. (took some doing cause you are only allowed to post one ad about each item..so i had to say my kites were stolen in 3 different ways.. rolls eyes.

7. contacted all my friends and coworkers here in town. They all know the kites and also have pics .

I have the day off tomorrow, so I will spend it driving around just looking. All I can do is hope..
ty again for all you are doing... not sure what I would do without you.

hugs, Mousie.. and Connor (my kiddo).

Hey Amy, I wonder if a monetary reward may help?? I really feel your pain.

Cheers
Mario

Cheers

Mario

Island_quad_logoSmall_50_zps817bf301.jpg

#37 antman

antman

king of wildwood

• Forum Member
  • 3,213 posts

Posted 20 September 2007 - 03:35 PM

amy ... oh man i cant beleave somebody could bring them selves to do this . i love those scarlettes .. people today are messed up in the head ... what is going on ??? are we livein in a world where someone has to steal something to get what they want?? why do people have to do this?? 4 years ago in wildwood the kite loft lost a $600 fish kite and noone could beleave that somethinh like this could happen but it did.. if i lived in your area i would search day and night for it because i would lose my mind if i lost ,my horse... amy i surely hope you get that bag back me and my family wish the best for you.. all i can say to the thiven basterds who did this sleep with one eye open we will find ya :kid_devlish:
GOD PUT ME HERE. TO ENJOY THE WINDS

#38 big bri

big bri

BRIAN...

• Forum Member
  • 2,656 posts

Posted 20 September 2007 - 03:55 PM

Just a long shot,but many kite bags are very alike fishing tackle bags.I reckon they could even think thats what they stole.I dont know,but fishing shops,pawn shops,flee markets.

Those kites cant fly anywhere on this planet without someone ringing the bell.They cant be kite folk.Any one who knows this type of kite will be in the picture.I bet they try and sell them to a pawn shop or i hope an active flyer.Then THER STUFFED.

BRIAN...

#39 XJJoe01

XJJoe01

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 20 September 2007 - 05:27 PM

Amy,

I just had a thought... and I know you don't want to think about this, but.....if your kites don't show up, would your auto or home-owners insurance cover your lost :confused!:

I hope it doesn't come down to this and they show up soon,

Joe
1 lime and black B standard
1 lime and black B vent
1 20th anniversary edition :)

#40 mousieo

mousieo

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts

Posted 20 September 2007 - 05:28 PM

hugs..

I also had contacted the pawn shops and the resale sports shops. The thing is, I am just about the only person in Bend that flies kites. I have met one other person with a rev here, and that was it.

People know my car, and the kites.. I have had them come up to me a week later.. and ask if that was me flying those cool kites at the field last saturday.. I don't know. I am hoping there is not a personal issue involved.. but I dont think so, because my first aid kit that i keep in a black backpack in the back was also stolen.

blaaaaaah

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users