16 replies to this topic

#1 Heino

Heino

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 16 September 2007 - 02:02 PM

hope you will help me i have a rev sle think it is a great kite. but i need one for more wind..
But i dont no if shall bay a SLE ventet or a Barresi Signature Series Vented

can somehelp me wath to bay.. wath the differece is betwen the to kites.

Heino :sign_kitelife:

Heino Poulsen
Aarre, Denmark

Have a look at my kite website: http://www.blackart.dk

#2 Watty

Watty

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,867 posts

Posted 16 September 2007 - 03:33 PM

Go for the B-series. It's a bit more expensive, but it is worth it. The B-series is more precise, and a smoother kite too fly. Also, the package that comes with it is unbeatable. I guarentee you will love it every moment of every day.

Spence "Watty" Watson

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#3 RevWizard

RevWizard

Rev Guru and Historian

• Forum Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,462 posts

Posted 16 September 2007 - 04:40 PM

hope you will help me i have a rev sle think it is a great kite. but i need one for more wind..
But i dont no if shall bay a SLE ventet or a Barresi Signature Series Vented

can somehelp me wath to bay.. wath the differece is betwen the to kites.

I know your winds in Denmark, in particular Fano. They are very strong.

Rev 1.5 SLE:
If you go for the SLE, don't get the mylar version.
As you already have an SLE, I would presume you have the SLE leading edge which has a 1/2 inch(12.7mm) diameter.
If so, you really do NOT need another SLE rod set. Have the dealer change the SLE rods to 1/4"(6.3mm) diameter rods, which are "the same" as the down rods.
Be careful, there are standard, three different types of down rods. There are also some specials such as the RACE rods.
The standard down rods are:
- "Revolution Equipped" also know as 4 wrap. These are the stiffest for stronger winds.
- "Ultra Light" also known as 3 wrap. These are the mid range.
- "Professional Only" also known as 2 wrap. These are the lightest which are for very light winds.
What I am saying, if the down rods for the SLE vented are labeled "Revolution Equipped", then you want the same diameter rods for the leading edge with the same label.

Rev 1.5 John Barresi series:
The B series 1.5 vented comes with two rods set. They are 3 and 4 wrap rods as mentioned above. All the rods are 1/4"(6.3mm) diameter.
The vented B with the same rods as the above vented 1.5 without mylar should be very similar in handling. The 1.5 vented above with mylar in the sail is not very good.

If you got the extra money, buy the B series 1.5 vented. It is well worth it. You have two rods sets which you can also use in your other REV 1.5. With the winds you have in Denmark, these rods with the B should be great. For extreme winds, you could also change out the leading edge with the 12.7mm SLE rods from your SLE.

Long John (formerly Mr. R)

STACK International Executive Committee - 6/1996-6/2008
International Rules Book Committee and STACK International Head Judge - 6/2004-6/2008
World Sport Kite Championship Judge - 2004-2005-2006(Chief Judge)
13x 1st - 12x 2nd - 6x 3rd places in 37 overall Quadline individual competitions

Web Site - http://www.johnnmitchell.com/index.html Check it out today!

#4 Harrier

Harrier

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 03:13 AM

I know your winds in Denmark, in particular Fano. They are very strong.

Rev 1.5 SLE:
If you go for the SLE, don't get the mylar version.
As you already have an SLE, I would presume you have the SLE leading edge which has a 1/2 inch(12.7mm) diameter.
If so, you really do NOT need another SLE rod set. Have the dealer change the SLE rods to 1/4"(6.3mm) diameter rods, which are "the same" as the down rods.
Be careful, there are standard, three different types of down rods. There are also some specials such as the RACE rods.
The standard down rods are:
- "Revolution Equipped" also know as 4 wrap. These are the stiffest for stronger winds.
- "Ultra Light" also known as 3 wrap. These are the mid range.
- "Professional Only" also known as 2 wrap. These are the lightest which are for very light winds.
What I am saying, if the down rods for the SLE vented are labeled "Revolution Equipped", then you want the same diameter rods for the leading edge with the same label.

Rev 1.5 John Barresi series:
The B series 1.5 vented comes with two rods set. They are 3 and 4 wrap rods as mentioned above. All the rods are 1/4"(6.3mm) diameter.
The vented B with the same rods as the above vented 1.5 without mylar should be very similar in handling. The 1.5 vented above with mylar in the sail is not very good.

If you got the extra money, buy the B series 1.5 vented. It is well worth it. You have two rods sets which you can also use in your other REV 1.5. With the winds you have in Denmark, these rods with the B should be great. For extreme winds, you could also change out the leading edge with the 12.7mm SLE rods from your SLE.

Is the 1/4" you refer to an internal or external diameter? This method of refering to rods, tubes, spars, L/E.s etc is very confusing as is "wraps" when used to describe types of tube, it is about time some simple universal method of classification for Revolution tubes was used.

#5 RevWizard

RevWizard

Rev Guru and Historian

• Forum Admin
  • 3,462 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 08:20 AM

Is the 1/4" you refer to an internal or external diameter? This method of refering to rods, tubes, spars, L/E.s etc is very confusing as is "wraps" when used to describe types of tube, it is about time some simple universal method of classification for Revolution tubes was used.

Even that will vary slightly depending on the stiffness and wraps of the rod. It is referring to the type of rods with OD closest to 1/4". The ID of those rods is around .225-.230 inches.
The other two rod type diameters for the REV series are OD 3/16" and 1/2".
I do believe when you look at the rods it is distinct enough in differences.

There is a thread under "Revolution Forum > News & Updates > From Rev..." that I started titled "Known original Revolution rods".
This may help you in understanding all of the REV series rods.

Long John (formerly Mr. R)

STACK International Executive Committee - 6/1996-6/2008
International Rules Book Committee and STACK International Head Judge - 6/2004-6/2008
World Sport Kite Championship Judge - 2004-2005-2006(Chief Judge)
13x 1st - 12x 2nd - 6x 3rd places in 37 overall Quadline individual competitions

Web Site - http://www.johnnmitchell.com/index.html Check it out today!

#6 Heino

Heino

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 18 September 2007 - 07:24 AM

Thanks a lot for the help..

i have just now ordre a revolution B Ventet...

can't wait to get i..

is it right that i have read i this forum that there come a dvd with the kite.. or do you have to download it some where. ?

BR.

Heino Poulsen
Aarre, Denmark

#7 AldenMiler

AldenMiler

Bazzer P Wannabe

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,435 posts

Posted 18 September 2007 - 08:07 AM

The DVD should come with the kite. I think a couple of them got left out of the early B's and you could download it.

Make sure you are sitting down when you see the water flying at the beginning of the DVD.

-Alden
"Don't go in there!" RC

#8 Heino

Heino

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 18 September 2007 - 08:09 AM

The DVD should come with the kite. I think a couple of them got left out of the early B's and you could download it.

Make sure you are sitting down when you see the water flying at the beginning of the DVD.

-Alden

okay thanks i will wait and see if it is with the kite.. can't wait..

Heino

Heino Poulsen
Aarre, Denmark

#9 djinnzfree

djinnzfree
  • Forum Member
  • 26 posts

Posted 27 September 2007 - 01:41 AM

-Alden

yeaaahhh it's amazinnnnng!
:sign_kitelife:

i got a STD and look out for a vented one...
suggestion: you should put bumper sticker with the package... kite-dvd-rods set & bumper sticker! :kid_smartass:
°°°have you hugged your kite today?°°°

#10 AdventureAng

AdventureAng

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 473 posts

Posted 22 October 2007 - 09:53 AM

I went flying this weekend and the winds were a little too strong for me and my B-series so I'm seriously thinking about the vented (I've been thinking about it for a while, but this weekend really confirmed my need). I was wondering if there were any possibilities of getting a vented blue fade, or is that only a special kite for JB?
~AdventureAng
Happy flying to everybody. Now get off the computer and get a kite out! hehe

#11 Heino

Heino

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 22 October 2007 - 10:20 AM

I went flying this weekend and the winds were a little too strong for me and my B-series so I'm seriously thinking about the vented (I've been thinking about it for a while, but this weekend really confirmed my need). I was wondering if there were any possibilities of getting a vented blue fade, or is that only a special kite for JB?

i dont't know if you can get custom made. But i can tell you that the vented is a very sweeeeeeete kite to fly.. it flyes in high wind and low wind is you put in you 2 wrap frame from the standard..

Nice kite...

Attached Thumbnails

• bsv.jpg

Heino Poulsen
Aarre, Denmark

#12 AdventureAng

AdventureAng

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 473 posts

Posted 22 October 2007 - 11:09 AM

i dont't know if you can get custom made. But i can tell you that the vented is a very sweeeeeeete kite to fly.. it flyes in high wind and low wind is you put in you 2 wrap frame from the standard..

Nice kite...

Antman actually let me fly his vented a couple of months ago and it was really nice. It was a really windy day and the vented was just cruising along like it was nothing. I love how it softens the airflow and doesn't even care that the wind is choppy. It flies like a dream. I NEED to get one because the winter brings in the stronger winds and I play to be outside flying every weekend.
~AdventureAng

#13 Kitelife

Kitelife

Forum Guru

• Forum Host
  • 5,936 posts

Posted 22 October 2007 - 11:58 AM

Sorry mama, the Blue Fade is a JB exclusive. ;)

John Barresi

johnbarresi.com | kitelife.com | learnkites.com | teamiquad.comkitemap.org
youtube.com/kitelife | facebook.com/kitelifemagazine | KiteLife on Google+

"We cannot direct the wind, but we can adjust the sails."
(found in a fortune cookie - possibly an Einstein quote)

My full list of kite articles - kitelife.com/author/john-barresi

Please reward posts that are helpful, give positive reputation by clicking on "Like This" button on the right side of each post.

#14 AdventureAng

AdventureAng

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 473 posts

Posted 22 October 2007 - 12:51 PM

Sorry mama, the Blue Fade is a JB exclusive. ;)

DARN!!! You're one lucky man. But I'm sure you already know that ;-) Got any new colors for the venteds, or just the standard, blue, yellow, red, purple?
~AdventureAng

#15 Kitelife

Kitelife

Forum Guru

• Forum Host
  • 5,936 posts

Posted 22 October 2007 - 01:35 PM

Yellow/Lime was phased out, replaced with Teal.

Blue, Red, Purple and Gold are still available.

All five colors are available in STD or VTD. ;)

John Barresi

johnbarresi.com | kitelife.com | learnkites.com | teamiquad.comkitemap.org
youtube.com/kitelife | facebook.com/kitelifemagazine | KiteLife on Google+

"We cannot direct the wind, but we can adjust the sails."
(found in a fortune cookie - possibly an Einstein quote)

My full list of kite articles - kitelife.com/author/john-barresi

Please reward posts that are helpful, give positive reputation by clicking on "Like This" button on the right side of each post.

#16 mdilucca

mdilucca

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 350 posts

Posted 22 October 2007 - 04:48 PM

Boy I'm glad that I've got my Limes :P

http://family.websho...052325301PyopJT

Cheers
Mario

Cheers

Mario

Island_quad_logoSmall_50_zps817bf301.jpg

#17 AdventureAng

AdventureAng

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 473 posts

Posted 23 October 2007 - 05:44 AM

Yellow/Lime was phased out, replaced with Teal.

Blue, Red, Purple and Gold are still available.

All five colors are available in STD or VTD. ;)

teal? That's exciting. I had no idea. I think I need to get me a vented one of those :-)
~AdventureAng

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users