4 replies to this topic

#1 RevWizard

RevWizard

Rev Guru and Historian

• Forum Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,462 posts

Posted 15 September 2007 - 01:53 PM

My personal observation of the stiffness of the Revolution Rods for REV series is listed below. I have not used any equipment to measure the stiffness.Revolution Rods stiffness
soft to hard .. Diameter ........ Labeled .................. wraps ... Available for
? ................. 3/16" ..... The Advantage - 1.5 ............ ? ....... Rev No-Wind
? ................. 3/16" ..... REV II (Professional Only) .... 2 ....... REV II
? ................. 1/4" ...... REV II (Ultra Light) .............. 3 ....... REV II
? ................. 1/4" ....... Race ................................... ? ....... 1.5
1 ................. 1/4" ....... Professional Only ................. 2 ....... 1.5 - I
2 ................. 1/4" ....... Ultra Light ........................... 3 ....... 1.5 - I
3 ................. 1/4" ....... Revolution Equipped ............. 4 ....... 1.5 - I
4 ................. 1/2" ....... Ultra Light ............................ 3 ....... 1.5 - I <-- SLE
5 ................. 1/2" ....... Revolution Equipped ............. 4 ....... 1.5 - I <-- SLE
6 ................. 1/4" ....... STIFF .................................. 6 ....... I
We know that rods also have different recover times meaning the Race rod will recover quicker from a bend then the "Professional Only" rods. Does anyone have information on this.

How about weights of all types rods and weight variations within the same type of rods. Does anyone have any really accurate information on this? Measurements to the milligrams and tenths of an ounce would be helpful to all.

Long John (formerly Mr. R)

STACK International Executive Committee - 6/1996-6/2008
International Rules Book Committee and STACK International Head Judge - 6/2004-6/2008
World Sport Kite Championship Judge - 2004-2005-2006(Chief Judge)
13x 1st - 12x 2nd - 6x 3rd places in 37 overall Quadline individual competitions

Web Site - http://www.johnnmitchell.com/index.html Check it out today!

#2 Watty

Watty

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,867 posts

Posted 15 September 2007 - 03:23 PM

I believe the Advantage 1.5 has 2 wraps.

Spence "Watty" Watson

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#3 RevWizard

RevWizard

Rev Guru and Historian

• Forum Admin
  • 3,462 posts

Posted 15 September 2007 - 03:31 PM

I believe the Advantage 1.5 has 2 wraps.

In reference to the others I would assume that too.

However the wraps as we have known them used is not really correct. It seems to me that Ben had told me, as an example, that the "Professional Only" rods actually had quite a few wraps, not just 2 wraps.

International Rules Book Committee and STACK International Head Judge - 6/2004-6/2008
13x 1st - 12x 2nd - 6x 3rd places in 37 overall Quadline individual competitions

#4 Watty

Watty

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,867 posts

Posted 15 September 2007 - 05:04 PM

Mabye the 2 means like 20, or 200 or something like that.

Spence "Watty" Watson

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#5 RevWizard

RevWizard

Rev Guru and Historian

• Forum Admin
  • 3,462 posts

Posted 15 September 2007 - 05:27 PM

Mabye the 2 means like 20, or 200 or something like that.

It is much more complex then that. Wraps are made in various direction to achieve different results.
If you are make a rod for a golf club, you need to keep down the twist of the rod in addition to the stiffness and recovery.
For the REV rods we aren't interested in the twisting. Here we are more interested in lightness, stiffness and recovery.
That is only for starters. Precisely how the REV rods are made, I don't know. I would not doubt that it is company confidential.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users