542 replies to this topic

#121 big bri

big bri

BRIAN...

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,656 posts

Posted 15 November 2007 - 02:56 PM

Need a lift from the train station Fraser.Let me know.The station at Ainsdale is just a few mos up the road.I can send ya my Mobile number and ring me if ya want when ya arrive.

BRIAN...Let the train take the strain... :)

BRIAN...

#122 big bri

big bri

BRIAN...

• Forum Member
  • 2,656 posts

Posted 15 November 2007 - 11:17 PM

Here is the weather forecast from the BBC[Big Bris Caravn :lol: ]

http://www.windguru....dex.php?sc=1064

Looks like B Series Venteds all the way and a nice cup T.

BRIAN...
one more gerrup.....YE

#123 kitejan

kitejan
  • Forum Member
  • 17 posts

Posted 16 November 2007 - 05:59 AM

Looking forward to it!

My 'hope' for the weekend is to try team flying since I have never done it and it looks like fun! But linked to that I just would like to have pointers as to where I'm going wrong, and best things to try in order to improve (so nothing much then). I guess backwards flying - well more like precission-backward-flying-under-full- control-at-all-times - is something I need help with.

But really it will be nice to meet up with other Revolution fliers.

Don't know if that helps! :blue_wink:

Oh yes - I will be there both days.

Jan

#124 Fraser

Fraser

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 16 November 2007 - 06:06 AM

Guess what I've forgotten?!! The whole 'Insurance' thing talked about earlier! Arghhh!

Can anyoine help? There must be a way to buy on-line, but I've no idea where to look.

Fraser

#125 Andy L

Andy L
  • Forum Member
  • 38 posts

Posted 16 November 2007 - 06:26 AM

It would help a great deal if you all had an idea of 1 thing you would like to achieve during the day. So far it looks like team flying is on the cards.

Im not particularly looking to learn anything new, just hoping to get some more flying experience, my revs havent been out the bag for 2-3 months :angry: .

I will only be able to make saturday as i have to do some work for uni on sunday. Will be there as soon as the other half will drive me :) , hopefully about 9:00-9:30.

#126 Stephen Hoath

Stephen Hoath

Rev Guru

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 700 posts

Posted 16 November 2007 - 09:29 AM

Guess what I've forgotten?!! The whole 'Insurance' thing talked about earlier! Arghhh!

Can anyoine help? There must be a way to buy on-line, but I've no idea where to look.

Fraser

Check your house insurance policy it probably covers you for third party liability claims.

Stephen Hoath

<a href="http://www.baidesign.net" rel="nofollow">Bai Design</a>

cappalatte-150x90.jpg

#127 big bri

big bri

BRIAN...

• Forum Member
  • 2,656 posts

Posted 16 November 2007 - 09:33 AM

Fraser

Stack UK may be the way to go Fraser.I think its around 15.

BRIAN...

#128 Andy L

Andy L
  • Forum Member
  • 38 posts

Posted 16 November 2007 - 10:54 AM

Just for anyone who is still unsure about how to get there:

The entrance to the beach is 50m from where shore road meets coastal road in ainsdale. Or if you are using a sat nav then just search for PR8 2PZ.

Cant wait for tomorrow.

#129 beach

beach

Rev Staff

• Forum Host
  • 1,856 posts

Posted 16 November 2007 - 11:45 AM

Greetings Family
I've been following this thread and to say I'm impressed is an understatement you all are just are just doing so much and so you know
that I will be looking into how to get some freebies out there as give aways nexy year..........Ben

#130 Stone in Shoe Bob

Stone in Shoe Bob

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 16 November 2007 - 12:55 PM

Stack UK may be the way to go Fraser.I think its around 15.

BRIAN...

Stone in Shoe Bob

It's Good to Share the Joy.

#131 Baloo

Baloo

Frequent Flyer

• Forum Member
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 16 November 2007 - 02:59 PM

Nice of you to drop in Ben. Just go's to reinforce the family feel even from across the pond.

Hope you are all enjoying yourselves. Sorry I wont get to try your Blast out Fraser.

I am hoping to see some pictures posted soon, although with any luck you will all be too busy flying to take photos.

#132 clare

clare

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 16 November 2007 - 03:07 PM

I KNOW ITS A NO BRAINER,BUT

Its been pritty cold early morning,Freezeing.So wear warm stuff,Hat,Gloves,Thermals and bring a Flask if ya can.Ther isnt much shelter at Ainsdale and wind chill is a factor.

Yep, my thermometer has been reading in the region of 2-4 degrees, first thing in the morning, ie about 8 am of late, so it is gonna be cold when then winds a blowing!

Hello Peeps,

Clare - after a 4:30 gerrup and four hours travelling before I even get there, I shall need a cuppa waiting for me upon arrival! :kid_drool:

Fraser

No problem, the stove will be on and brewing up!

Greetings Family
I've been following this thread and to say I'm impressed is an understatement you all are just are just doing so much and so you know
that I will be looking into how to get some freebies out there as give aways nexy year..........Ben

Nice one, and big thanks. I hope others feel how I do, we are all doing this to make some new rev friends and have a damn good laugh playing out, all together! I know Im lucky to have rev flyers local to me, but I know its a rare thing in the UK. Im simply made up to be able to make some new kite freinds and have the opportunity to learn something new. I would like to make a bet that I spend the vast majority of tomorrow, simply sitting on my deck chair watching, in awe!

BTW, im actually very shy, beleive it or not - treat me nicely chaps! Im a little scared of how good folk will be on the beach tom!

Im gonna look rubbish - but hey I like it!

#133 big bri

big bri

BRIAN...

• Forum Member
  • 2,656 posts

Posted 16 November 2007 - 09:34 PM

No More Gerrups :kid_smartass: .

Weather Looks...well its November,up north :blue_wink:

5am Start and on my way to Ainsdale around 6.30am.
Safe trip everyone.Talk soon.

BRIAN..,

#134 big bri

big bri

BRIAN...

• Forum Member
  • 2,656 posts

Posted 17 November 2007 - 10:57 AM

Ainsdale_nov_07_lads_from_rev_008.jpg
TEAM PHOTO,Left to Right.If i remember them all by name it will be a miracle :kid_content:

Mrs S.Hoath[susan],and with a 6mth old, absolute super star .Big Bri,pudders,Dave B,Clare ,Andy ,KiteJan[Jan],Mr S.Hoath[The Boss]and a young man who would make anyone proud[Dan]
FRASER,what a guy.Drove 4.3million miles,battled ,,,THE M6,,, and was a late arrival,but i have one photo of him Sunbathing below .NICE TO SEE YA FRASER.Enjoy the Pistols gig.Young Andy was a late starter also,but he and his driver[girlfreind:} ]contibuted with some filming of DVDs and Andy is doin OK indeed

Weather.Dry,North Eaterly wind.A blustry 22mph at 7,30am.Flatened out for around 4hrs.Then blow between 16 and 25mph, 30mph at one point.So.nice realy and around 85c in the SHADE :kid_devlish: .

Ainsdale_nov_07_lads_from_rev_013.jpg .

IT WAS A GOODAY.Thanks everyone for your Company.Cant wait until Tomorrow

BRIAN...

#135 big bri

big bri

BRIAN...

• Forum Member
  • 2,656 posts

Posted 17 November 2007 - 11:09 AM

Ainsdale_nov_07_lads_from_rev_005.jpg Ho,just remembered a few more pickys.Ainsdale_nov_07_lads_from_rev_004.jpg

Hey Jan,nice to see ya mate.

BRIAN...

#136 clare

clare

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 17 November 2007 - 11:19 AM

Good day! but bleeming cold!

Im planning on wearing even more layers tommorrow!

#137 Baloo

Baloo

Frequent Flyer

• Forum Member
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 17 November 2007 - 12:48 PM

You all look suitably cold. I bet you had a WONDERFULL day.

#138 Stone in Shoe Bob

Stone in Shoe Bob

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 17 November 2007 - 02:39 PM

Mmm?

Earlier this evening the wife and I have opened a nice bottle of red wine opened the cracker box and tucked into a few nice pieces of cheese, the wife doesn’t drink much (she can’t, medical reasons) so I am sitting here, well fed, warm, and ever so slightly pissed, (I’m not sure that colloquialism crosses the Atlantic totally unscaithed), can anybody tell me why I’m sitting here looking at this http://www.revkites....c...ost&id=1129 picture of a cold wet Atlantic beach and feeling jealous?
Stone in Shoe Bob

It's Good to Share the Joy.

#139 Fraser

Fraser

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 17 November 2007 - 03:22 PM

FRASER,what a guy.Drove 4.3million miles,battled ,,,THE M6,,, and was a late arrival,but i have one photo of him Sunbathing below .NICE TO SEE YA FRASER.Enjoy the Pistols gig.

T'was an absolute pleasure Bri. Great to met meet you all - first of many, I hope. Well worth 9 hours driving and a hundred quid in petrol! Bizarrely, I'm not kidding! LOL (anyway Bri, it was only 4.1m miles - you do exagerate!

Everyone SUPER-friendly - a credit to the 'Family', and loads of great advice: Mr H is a star - I actually improved noticeably with each tip. :kid_smartass:

Thanks everyone.

#140 big bri

big bri

BRIAN...

• Forum Member
  • 2,656 posts

Posted 17 November 2007 - 10:58 PM

Here we go.Day two.Im ready for another Great day and some smashing company.Get the whisky out Bob ,its wet here ATM,but am keen as Mustard.

pickys and report later :blue_wink:

BRIAN...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users