Good idea.

#442 Stone in Shoe Bob

Stone in Shoe Bob

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 17 January 2008 - 07:01 AM

It is with great sadness that we have to announce the recent demise of Mr. G Tyrell’s hard drive.

:C was a dearly loved friend and he will be sorely missed. Our thoughts are with the family at this very difficult time.

On a more serious note that does mean that until he has bought and installed a replacement he will not be able to respond to any posts on this forum or to any email.
Stone in Shoe Bob

It's Good to Share the Joy.

#443 big bri

big bri

BRIAN...

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,656 posts

Posted 17 January 2008 - 07:57 AM

It is with great sadness that we have to announce the recent demise of Mr. G Tyrellís hard drive.

:C was a dearly loved friend and he will be sorely missed. Our thoughts are with the family at this very difficult time.

On a more serious note that does mean that until he has bought and installed a replacement he will not be able to respond to any posts on this forum or to any email.

Thats funny Bob.The bit about ,,,our thoughts are with the family cracked me up.Mine went down over Christmas and my family had HELL ON with my sore head.

C U ALL V SOON.
BRIAN...

#444 Stone in Shoe Bob

Stone in Shoe Bob

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 17 January 2008 - 08:01 AM

Thats funny Bob.The bit about ,,,our thoughts are with the family cracked me up.Mine went down over Christmas and my family had HELL ON with my sore head.

C U ALL V SOON.
BRIAN...

And tomorrow is Dunsamas Eve. B)
Stone in Shoe Bob

#445 pudsli

pudsli

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 17 January 2008 - 08:48 AM

hi all.
Bob are we going to get wet?
all the best steve(pudders).
Member of British S.T.A.C.K winter league pairs champs 2006/2007

#446 Bryan Beasley

Bryan Beasley
  • Forum Member
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 January 2008 - 08:58 AM

Found some nice mustards lurking on the shelves - hmmm... (thinking about it though, 'Lurking' might not be the best description of what jars of Mustard do on shelves - substitute 'ornamenting' for 'lurking on' will you.)

Noticing that post about needing some dacron... I'll be calling into The Highwaymen towrds the weekend if anybody wants anything picking up - you know, order it over the phone and tell Shirley I'll pick it up sort of thing. Just a thought.

Oh, unless Joe has anything left to clear through? Where's Tyrrell - he'd know. ;-)

Bryan

#447 Baloo

Baloo

Frequent Flyer

• Forum Member
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 17 January 2008 - 09:32 AM

Thanks Bryan, sorted for the thread.

#448 ian4c

ian4c

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 17 January 2008 - 11:46 AM

This view may help give you the lie of the land. Shows placemark for Downs / Travellodge Hockliffe / Luton
Rev_Weekend.jpg [attachment=13
73:Rev_Weekend.jpg]
Look forward to the week end and meeting everybody.

Ian

#449 Fraser

Fraser

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 17 January 2008 - 01:15 PM

Pleased to say it does look like a perfectly acceptable repast. I particularly like that phrase "All you can eat":

Aw yeah! That looks FINE! :kid_smartass:

#450 big bri

big bri

BRIAN...

• Forum Member
  • 2,656 posts

Posted 17 January 2008 - 11:09 PM

Well the weather looks like typical January stuff for the weekend guys

See ya all soon.

BRIAN...

#451 Sailor99

Sailor99

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • 2,334 posts

Posted 18 January 2008 - 03:01 AM

It certainly does. Bringing warm fleecy layer as well as oilskins, boots and umberella!
Over - Jeremy

Posted Image

Knowledge: The small part of ignorance that we arrange and classify.

#452 Stephen Hoath

Stephen Hoath

Rev Guru

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 700 posts

Posted 19 January 2008 - 10:08 AM

Wow, what a wet, windy wonderful day!

We had everything from low cloud, high mist, light rain all the way to torrential downpour. The only thing that wasn't dampened was the team spirit of all the fliers that came out to play.

We had 22 fliers there all day flying as if we weren't doing the whole thing again tomorrow. Everyone learnt something new and several relatively new and inexperienced fliers were introduced to the subversive world of team flying.

Many thanks to all the fliers and a special thanks to all the coaches who worked tirelessly all day.

I can't wait for tomorrow.

oh yes and the wind..... a constant 18mph with gusts up to 30mph and 99% humidity.

:blue-grin:

Stephen Hoath

<a href="http://www.baidesign.net" rel="nofollow">Bai Design</a>

cappalatte-150x90.jpg

#453 Simon

Simon

Rev Legend

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 856 posts

Posted 19 January 2008 - 10:40 AM

To Add to Stephen message
Well worth the visit, and more experienced flyers coming on Sunday. It was great to see so many relativly new flyers, and the 7 man team fly was amazing. As coaches we were able to move around the field and give help and guidance. Be it passing on experience from competing or just years of flying...

For a lot of the flyers flying in gusty conditions might have been unusual, as a day like today you are more likely to go home, but everyone stayed. And the coaches were on hand to help set up lines for a more neutral setting.

If you are coming Sunday here is a weather site - based on the flying site !! http://www.dhpc.info/site/weather/

If only all fying site had this!!

Simon sign_TFS.gif

Wow, what a wet, windy wonderful day!

We had everything from low cloud, high mist, light rain all the way to torrential downpour. The only thing that wasn't dampened was the team spirit of all the fliers that came out to play.

We had 22 fliers there all day flying as if we weren't doing the whole thing again tomorrow. Everyone learnt something new and several relatively new and inexperienced fliers were introduced to the subversive world of team flying.

Many thanks to all the fliers and a special thanks to all the coaches who worked tirelessly all day.

I can't wait for tomorrow.

oh yes and the wind..... a constant 18mph with gusts up to 30mph and 99% humidity.

:blue-grin:

The Flying Squad

Posted Image

#454 Sailor99

Sailor99

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • 2,334 posts

Posted 20 January 2008 - 09:01 AM

Well just got back home after the second day of the event. I will leave it to others to report on the two days proceedings. However, on a personal note, what a great time I had! Thank you to everyone for being so friendly, welcoming and willing to share their hard won knowledge with a novice like me. With so much help from so many people it seems wrong to pick out individuals. However I did particularly wanted to single out Stephen for thanks, partly for organising the non-event but also for his patient instruction and gentle encouragement to push outside the comfort zone, and even to get into team flying! I also wanted to particularly thank Dave for taking so much time on the first day to move me so far up the learning curve.

So a great couple of day..... that is until the gorilla ate the pie.

Jeremy
Over - Jeremy

Posted Image

Knowledge: The small part of ignorance that we arrange and classify.

#455 big bri

big bri

BRIAN...

• Forum Member
  • 2,656 posts

Posted 20 January 2008 - 10:00 AM

What a great bunch of people.A credit to the Human Race.Thanks everyone for a great weekend and your company.I will leave Fraser to do a full report on everything we all acheived.Made some new Freinds,re espablished some old freindships.

Personal thanks yous to the Flying Squad for some new moves and great tips.Along with some nice company.

To Bob,welldone my freind.The Gorilla ate the pie though i herd.

Cheers all.

BRIAN...

#456 Baloo

Baloo

Frequent Flyer

• Forum Member
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 20 January 2008 - 10:02 AM

If anyone is interested just to let you all know I am home safe and sound.

What a fantastic non event. Thank you to all that "guided" it into not being.

Had a wonderful time, was good to fly alongside other Revs, only ever been able to do that once B4.

And a beutiful site, even with the rain and blustery wind.

Whoever took a picture of me (think it might have been Jeremy) while someone held my kite stiil (cuz I couldnt hold it still!!) could you email it to me please. I am not sure if my email address is in my profile. if not pm me and I will pm it back.

Arn't kite fliers a wonderful bunch of folks.

#457 Stone in Shoe Bob

Stone in Shoe Bob

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 20 January 2008 - 10:52 AM

gorila.jpg
Stone in Shoe Bob

#458 Felix Mottram

Felix Mottram

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • 2,860 posts

Posted 20 January 2008 - 11:18 AM

If anyone is interested just to let you all know I am home safe and sound.

What a fantastic non event. Thank you to all that "guided" it into not being.

Had a wonderful time, was good to fly alongside other Revs, only ever been able to do that once B4.

And a beutiful site, even with the rain and blustery wind.

Whoever took a picture of me (think it might have been Jeremy) while someone held my kite stiil (cuz I couldnt hold it still!!) could you email it to me please. I am not sure if my email address is in my profile. if not pm me and I will pm it back.

Arn't kite fliers a wonderful bunch of folks.

A great non event!!!

The fact that in extreme conditions we were able to do a proof of concept excercise with 'in line' multiple team flying as opposed to shoulder to shoulder was very special.

Minimising the angle of 'crossed' lines may be significant in low wind as well as high wind situations.

I hope that the 'individual' fliers can envisage the possibility of 'joining in' at the Portsmouth and Bristol events.

Thanks Stephen!

Felix

#459 superskunk

superskunk
  • Banned
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 January 2008 - 11:24 AM

great time had by myself even with the weather,meet some great new flyers and thought for a non event what a good turn out,26 saturday 36+ sunday.well done to the raffle winners (boo hiss)lol ...i have done up till saturday night in the kitedens write up and the picture are in my webshots check the links below...video and day twos write up to follow...

www.thekiteden.co.uk (see the story in the kiteden news page)

http://community.web...r/superskunk109

well done to all those that didnt organize it :)

Attached Thumbnails

• revweekend_108.jpg

#460 Simon

Simon

Rev Legend

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 856 posts

Posted 20 January 2008 - 11:31 AM

Can I mention a couple of things guys.

1. Please dont post video of what the "OMEGA" Team flew at the end - we need to work on it for Portsmouth & Bristol and would like those that havent seen to get the surprise

2. Felix, it was a non event for the purposes of being able to fly there :-) If it were organised it might not have happend, if that makes sense.

See you all again soon, Simon.

PS I think I've just names the full Team for Portsmouth & Bristol, its not a mega team - IT's an OMEGA Team (copyright Simon Dann 2008)

:kid_content: Oh actually I just Heard "someone" called it that 10 Years ago....

A great non event!!!

Attached Thumbnails

• sign_TFS.png

The Flying Squad

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users