104 replies to this topic

#61 RevWizard

RevWizard

Rev Guru and Historian

• Forum Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,380 posts

Posted 13 September 2007 - 07:55 AM

Wow .. I am impressed with Rory's pictures.... I used to train horses, for years and I can tell you that is one well mannered pony. Most would have been halfway to Cleveland by now if you tried to hold two revs near them.. LET alone ride them with two lol.

good job Rory!

Slightly off topic!

This brings up a point of warning to all kite fliers concerning horses.
If you see horses nearby especially with riders on them, don't do anything dramatic with the kite.
Horse are most often very scared of moving kites. Horses can throw the rider and severely injure them.
The best thing is to slowly and quietly land your kite flat on the ground and wait until the horses are gone.

Back to the topic!

Long John (formerly Mr. R)

STACK International Executive Committee - 6/1996-6/2008
International Rules Book Committee and STACK International Head Judge - 6/2004-6/2008
World Sport Kite Championship Judge - 2004-2005-2006(Chief Judge)
13x 1st - 12x 2nd - 6x 3rd places in 37 overall Quadline individual competitions

Web Site - http://www.johnnmitchell.com/index.html Check it out today!

#62 antman

antman

king of wildwood

• Forum Member
  • 3,209 posts

Posted 13 September 2007 - 04:10 PM

well i can t get pics at my work either my boss is a wacko that says theyt dont want their trucks going on the computer ... stupid if you ask me ... however i jave discovered how to build my own golf ball kite stakes ill get a few pics of them they work great and were free

100_1456.JPG 100_1457.JPG

i made these from some golf balls and old wheel bolts at my work man they work great too .. take a look at the round points at the end i made them like this to keep from pokeing holes in my bag .. my fellow co workers are still scrtching their heads about this.. even today i got the weird questions like what the heck are you makeing those for ... outsiders to oer world have no clue ha ha ha
GOD PUT ME HERE. TO ENJOY THE WINDS

#63 mousieo

mousieo

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts

Posted 13 September 2007 - 05:07 PM

Slightly off topic!

This brings up a point of warning to all kite fliers concerning horses.
If you see horses nearby especially with riders on them, don't do anything dramatic with the kite.
Horse are most often very scared of moving kites. Horses can throw the rider and severely injure them.
The best thing is to slowly and quietly land your kite flat on the ground and wait until the horses are gone.

Back to the topic!

Excellent advice!

#64 Aurora Borealis

Aurora Borealis
  • Forum Member
  • 17 posts

Posted 13 September 2007 - 08:23 PM

That is excellent advice. We actually had some trouble with the little guy Skippy. That's why we didn't wnt to give him some wings.
Aurora

#65 kitedog

kitedog
  • Forum Member
  • 28 posts

Posted 13 September 2007 - 08:39 PM

We started with Aurora off of the horse and pony and introduced them to the kites.

Ryan, the horse, did not mind the Revs at all, so we had Rory get on and made the attempt to make him look like he had wings, hehe. Ryan is a pretty mellow horse. He is young, I think he is 6y/o, but he has good manners.

Skippy, the pony, I like to call him "ALPO", freaked out. He yanked me around the arena for 30 secs or so. For a little guy he doesn't have any probs moving a 200 pound man around. So we spent a little time with him and the Rev, took a couple of snap shots and put him away.

All in all we had a lot of fun taking the pics.

Arns

#66 CWhippie

CWhippie
  • Forum Member
  • 47 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 09:35 AM

Yeah so yeah working in IT is rather boring, and other than the Rev itself there isnt anything that specatacular about sitting at a desk with a computer infront of you all day long.

...so I decided to fly a "rev" in the server room.

minifly.jpg
behind me is a big industrial Air Conditioner that keeps the room a nice 70 degrees or so.

mini.jpg
A close shot of the Rev .001

you too can fly your own little "Rev .001" all you need is some tape, 5 plastic coffee straws and some cling wrap.

#67 Aerochic

Aerochic

Revadelic

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,713 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 09:52 AM

Yeah so yeah working in IT is rather boring, and other than the Rev itself there isnt anything that specatacular about sitting at a desk with a computer infront of you all day long.
you too can fly your own little "Rev .001" all you need is some tape, 5 plastic coffee straws and some cling wrap.

Hehehehehe! That's CUTE! :D

Better Living Through Rev Flying...

Rev Themed Ts & Goodies: http://www.zazzle.com/LeshockArts
Aerostakes: http://www.etsy.com/shop/LeshockArts
Rev Galleries: http://www.revkites....=user&user=1408
Flickr Pics: http://www.flickr.co...s/16896184@N05/

#68 AdventureAng

AdventureAng

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 473 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 10:12 AM

The Rev .001 is brilliant. I want one. Hehehe. When do you start production? I'd bring my real Rev to work with me, but there's not room enough in my office for the two of us. hehehe.
~AdventureAng
Happy flying to everybody. Now get off the computer and get a kite out! hehe

#69 AldenMiler

AldenMiler

Johhny B Wannabe

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,426 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 10:33 AM

I like the rev .001. I'd make one and fly it in our server room but it's locked (DOD reqs)...

-Alden
"Don't go in there!" RC

#70 antman

antman

king of wildwood

• Forum Member
  • 3,209 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 12:25 PM

well i am seeing 2 people in here that look like winners already but im not puttin out names ill let ben do that and then ill see if im right

#71 Baloo

Baloo

Frequent Flyer

• Forum Member
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 02:19 PM

Hey Ant, like your stakes.

One question though, what size of kite do you have that needs line as thick as that on the drum beside them?

#72 CWhippie

CWhippie
  • Forum Member
  • 47 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 03:18 PM

Hey Ant, like your stakes.

One question though, what size of kite do you have that needs line as thick as that on the drum beside them?

And For that matter, whatever kite you are using for that line couldnt possibly be held down wtih kite stakes that small.

#73 antman

antman

king of wildwood

• Forum Member
  • 3,209 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 04:50 PM

baloo that line is for my 200 sq ft flowform its a puller in these wildwood winds

#74 CLTKiter

CLTKiter

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 15 September 2007 - 05:47 PM

Ben,
I was pondering the contest for Race Rods, and since Iím in Information Technology for a healthcare system, ďyou take your kite to work and post the picture on the siteĒ doesnít sound very exciting in my case. So instead of ďtaking my kite to workĒ, I decided to take my favorites to work. You can tell itís my office since thereís my laptop and PDA on the desk on the right.

As you look in the picture, my favorite Rev I is in the back. Itís a Sedgwick hot colors. Now, Iíve recently purchased a custom hot colors vented Rev I (thank you Lolly), and it indeed could become my favorite Rev I, but I havenít put enough time on it to decide for sure.

Above the Sedgwick Rev I is my hands down favorite Speed Series kite Ė Sonic Vented. I also have a Supersonic and Shockwave, but when the winds are ahowliní and I feel the need for speed, nothing holds a candle to my Sonic Vented.

Now, my favorite Rev 1.5M is on the left. Itís a custom ď2006 KTAIĒ Rev 1.5. Ya gotta love those hot colors! One like it was on display at KTAI in 2006, and I donít know if this is that actual kite, or one just like it. But I love the colors. I have it with 3-wrap spars.

Iíve heard it said that the Rev 2 is ďas squirrely as an oak tree in autumnĒ. But I donít agree. I also have a 3-stack of Rev 2ís in cool colors thatís tons of fun to fly. But my favoriteÖ You guessed it, itís the hot colors Rev 2 on the right side of the picture.

Now for precision, my absolute favorite is my red B-Series 1.5 (thank you John) on the left side of the picture. Iíll probably never fly it as good as itís capable of being flown, but I surely do enjoy its precision.

My latest addition, and fast becoming my favorite precision vented kite is the gold B-Series 1.5 Vented on the right side of the picture (thank you again, Lolly). Today after I took the picture we actually had some reasonable winds here in central North Carolina, and I was able to fly it with 2-wrap spars. Smooth!

Oh, and my favorite kite bag is on the chair along with my favorite T-shirt.

So thatís it, Ben. After I set the kites up my office, I had a co-worker come in and he thoroughly enjoyed me discussing each kite and why itís my favorite. I think the kites enjoyed seeing my office, too!

(My two B-Series kites tell me that since they rarely have much wind, they really, really, really need some Race Rods!!!)

Later, Doug

IMG_7950.JPG
W.A.C.K.O.S. - Wings Across Carolina Kiting and Okra Society

#75 big bri

big bri

BRIAN...

• Forum Member
  • 2,656 posts

Posted 15 September 2007 - 09:33 PM

That looks well good Doug.Thers some time and effort gone into that display.

COOL

BRIAN...

#76 nobodyspecial

nobodyspecial

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 574 posts

Posted 16 September 2007 - 02:09 PM

Okay Folks, we have some great pictures up now, I'm gonna add my little picture to the foray, it's after a qoute from one of my postings. Here is eating two wrap and drinking bridles @ work with the b.

Attached Thumbnails

• bridle_expresso_and_2_wrap_.jpg

#77 Aerochic

Aerochic

Revadelic

• Forum Member
  • 2,713 posts

Posted 16 September 2007 - 02:46 PM

Okay Folks, we have some great pictures up now, I'm gonna add my little picture to the foray, it's after a qoute from one of my postings. Here is eating two wrap and drinking bridles @ work with the b.

Coffee & Revs! Now there's a great combo!

Love the purple B!

Better Living Through Rev Flying...

Rev Themed Ts & Goodies: http://www.zazzle.com/LeshockArts
Aerostakes: http://www.etsy.com/shop/LeshockArts
Rev Galleries: http://www.revkites....=user&user=1408
Flickr Pics: http://www.flickr.co...s/16896184@N05/

#78 MrDenny

MrDenny

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 651 posts

Posted 16 September 2007 - 03:36 PM

I have 2 more pictures I want to take with the new Rev1 but for now this is my Rev at work day.
Click here for MrDenny @ work

That's me in the 3rd picture.

Denny #12

.. .

Posted Image

#79 mousieo

mousieo

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts

Posted 16 September 2007 - 04:56 PM

Those are greattttttttt. I like the one through the glass.

#80 CLTKiter

CLTKiter

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 16 September 2007 - 05:28 PM

Pretty cool, Denny. Reminds me of my time when I worked at the Cape a few years ago...

Doug
W.A.C.K.O.S. - Wings Across Carolina Kiting and Okra Society

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users