• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 bass

bass
  • Forum Member
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 August 2007 - 04:16 AM

Stunning location, I have turned an unfetching shade of green :kid_cussing:

That's got to be one of the best views from a flying site. Can anyone else compete?

Check out Mt. Washington NH. Wind, Wind,Wind! Today, 08.22 EST. At summit (6.288') 50.9F, Wind 21.3mph, 1600 foot range 65.9f, wind 12.1mph. (Google it for more info.) or www.mountwashington.org/

#2 MrDenny

MrDenny

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 651 posts

Posted 29 August 2007 - 05:56 AM

Google wind?
Try this U.S. Wind map
A ton of good wind links off the page too.

Denny #12

.. .

Posted Image

#3 CWhippie

CWhippie
  • Forum Member
  • 47 posts

Posted 29 August 2007 - 07:04 AM

Check out Mt. Washington NH. Wind, Wind,Wind! Today, 08.22 EST. At summit (6.288') 50.9F, Wind 21.3mph, 1600 foot range 65.9f, wind 12.1mph. (Google it for more info.)

I have been up mount washington sans kite. its a nice hike adn well worth it, next time im in the area I will have my rev in tow.

as for views, there is a couple canyone not far from my house that I hope to get set up in sometime soon, should be real pretty and have lots of Boulders for me to interact with. will make sure to have pictures ready when i get there.

Chad

#4 bass

bass
  • Forum Member
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 August 2007 - 10:55 AM

Google wind?
Try this U.S. Wind map
A ton of good wind links off the page too.

No MrDenny!, :kid_brooding: So u know..."Google" is a search engine for information! You then can "Oogle" the web page. :kid_smartass: Try www.mountwashington.org/" If not..."GOOGLE then OOGLE" :kid_devlish:

#5 antman

antman

king of wildwood

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,213 posts

Posted 29 August 2007 - 02:28 PM

this may be of help or not but i dicovered last week on my verison phone that for $5 extra a month you can get the weather forcast, radar,and storm watcher so if you have verison you can get it depending on your phone heres how to do it

1 go to get it now..
2 select news and weather page
3 buy the service

the service has daily news and weather but its really cool if your on the beach or field and want to know whats goin on . i use it to avoid oncomeing storms as it has worked great for me so far.. i dont knowif other cell phone services have it but if you have verison you can get it for sure.. the service is from weather bug.com youll love it.. its the best tool for fliers to stay on top of the weather
GOD PUT ME HERE. TO ENJOY THE WINDS

#6 Kitezen

Kitezen

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 28 March 2008 - 09:15 AM

this may be of help or not but i dicovered last week on my verison phone that for $5 extra a month you can get the weather forcast, radar,and storm watcher so if you have verison you can get it depending on your phone heres how to do it

1 go to get it now..
2 select news and weather page
3 buy the service

the service has daily news and weather but its really cool if your on the beach or field and want to know whats goin on . i use it to avoid oncomeing storms as it has worked great for me so far.. i dont knowif other cell phone services have it but if you have verison you can get it for sure.. the service is from weather bug.com youll love it.. its the best tool for fliers to stay on top of the weather

That is a good idea. I have verizon, so you can call me for free.

#7 RevWizard

RevWizard

Rev Guru and Historian

• Forum Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,462 posts

Posted 28 March 2008 - 09:46 AM

Check out Mt. Washington NH. Wind, Wind,Wind! Today, 08.22 EST. At summit (6.288') 50.9F, Wind 21.3mph, 1600 foot range 65.9f, wind 12.1mph. (Google it for more info.) or www.mountwashington.org/

I drove up there, yes you can drive your car up there. That was many years ago. The day was described as being a calm day on Mt. Washington. You had to lean into the wind to stand up.
I don't think there has ever been a calm wind day in history on Mt.Washington. Many of the buildings had chains going over the roofs to hold them down during higher winds. I know the highest wind speed record set in the USA was set there.
If you want to see a vented REV pop all of it's rods and blow out the sail, that is the place to go.

Long John (formerly Mr. R)

STACK International Executive Committee - 6/1996-6/2008
International Rules Book Committee and STACK International Head Judge - 6/2004-6/2008
World Sport Kite Championship Judge - 2004-2005-2006(Chief Judge)
13x 1st - 12x 2nd - 6x 3rd places in 37 overall Quadline individual competitions

Web Site - http://www.johnnmitchell.com/index.html Check it out today!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users