• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#21 Skennie

Skennie
  • Forum Member
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 07:02 PM

Hi all,

I've just started flying in Sydney, NSW - I got a Rev 1.5 SLE for Christmas after seeing a guy flying one next to the Washington Monument on a trip last November.
I have seen plenty of kites out and about but no other revs yet...

So far I've been flying in two main locations, Sydney Park when I'm at home (great in N/S winds, and with the planes landing/taking off nearby), and South Coogee when I'm at uni.

Any others out there in Sydney?

Cheers,
Stef

#22 mbro

mbro

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 10:50 PM

Hi Stef, New to the Forum? If soPosted Image
Michael
"But now, we are free. We are up; we are off..."

#23 Adam

Adam

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 04:15 PM

Hi all,

I've just started flying in Sydney, NSW - I got a Rev 1.5 SLE for Christmas after seeing a guy flying one next to the Washington Monument on a trip last November.
I have seen plenty of kites out and about but no other revs yet...

So far I've been flying in two main locations, Sydney Park when I'm at home (great in N/S winds, and with the planes landing/taking off nearby), and South Coogee when I'm at uni.

Any others out there in Sydney?

Cheers,
Stef

Hi Stef,

I'm wondering if I was the guy you saw at the monument. I don't recall talking to any Aussies, but maybe we did not talk. Was it a first Sunday of the month or another day. I try to get down in the mornings on a Sunday at the monument periodically.

Welcome to the Dark side, and have fun!

Adam
"It was the wind Captain"

#24 Skennie

Skennie
  • Forum Member
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 04:49 PM

Hi Stef,

I'm wondering if I was the guy you saw at the monument. I don't recall talking to any Aussies, but maybe we did not talk. Was it a first Sunday of the month or another day. I try to get down in the mornings on a Sunday at the monument periodically.

Welcome to the Dark side, and have fun!

Adam

It would have been Sunday morning the 13th of November, there was some sort of running race on that morning. I didn't stop to talk because we were only there for a day really, and I had to make absolutely sure we made it to the Air and Space Museum. I just gaped for a few moments at the awesomeness of it, made a mental note of the "Revolution" logo and kept on walking. I think the sail was mostly (partly?) white/light with maybe blue or green accents (but don't trust my memory here). Definitely wasn't one of the power/speed kites and I don't think it was vented.
If it was you, then thank you very much for inadvertently being my introduction to this wonderful world up in the air :D

Seriously, I now have a strong urge to go down to Canberra (our capital) and see if they'll let me fly around our Parliament House or some of the other official buildings/memorials there.

And to Michael, thanks for the welcome to the forum :)

#25 Adam

Adam

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 06:40 PM

It would have been Sunday morning the 13th of November, there was some sort of running race on that morning. I didn't stop to talk because we were only there for a day really, and I had to make absolutely sure we made it to the Air and Space Museum. I just gaped for a few moments at the awesomeness of it, made a mental note of the "Revolution" logo and kept on walking. I think the sail was mostly (partly?) white/light with maybe blue or green accents (but don't trust my memory here). Definitely wasn't one of the power/speed kites and I don't think it was vented.
If it was you, then thank you very much for inadvertently being my introduction to this wonderful world up in the air :D

Seriously, I now have a strong urge to go down to Canberra (our capital) and see if they'll let me fly around our Parliament House or some of the other official buildings/memorials there.

And to Michael, thanks for the welcome to the forum :)

I was definately there that morning from 9AM until a little after noon. I'm glad you enjoyed my flying, and have gotten hooked. Good luck, and have fun!
"It was the wind Captain"

#26 SparkieRob

SparkieRob

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 05:28 AM

G'day all. Have been flying Revs for a little over a month. Home base is a park in a southern suburb of Perth. Have yet to take my EXP out further but when my SLE arrives I'm definitely gonna have to do a beach fly.

Good flying.

"Inbetween heaven and earth, there are kites."

#27 Holy_Joely

Holy_Joely
  • Forum Member
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 11:13 PM

I live in Bundaberg, Queensland and fly my Rev B-series at place called Elliot Heads. Its quite popular with kite boarding, but there is a large area of sand at the inlet that would be great for kite powered buggies or just having a go with a Rev.

#28 stew

stew
  • Forum Member
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 06:43 AM

Hello fellow stralians
My wife and I live on the south coast of WA (Albany) and the flying here is often good, sometimes perfect.
There is a nice grass area right on the edge of the ocean which is good. And nearby there is a beach with an inlet just at the top of the high tide mark, we sometimes do the dunk with our revs in the inlet, lots of fun.
I'll post some video links of the areas real soon.
Chz
S2

#29 SparkieRob

SparkieRob

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 07:25 AM

Hello fellow stralians
My wife and I live on the south coast of WA (Albany) and the flying here is often good, sometimes perfect.
There is a nice grass area right on the edge of the ocean which is good. And nearby there is a beach with an inlet just at the top of the high tide mark, we sometimes do the dunk with our revs in the inlet, lots of fun.
I'll post some video links of the areas real soon.
Chz
S2

Hey hey stew, really good to see you on here! We met outside Armadale shops while I was flying my B2.

Rob.

Sent via Tapatalk for iPhone.

"Inbetween heaven and earth, there are kites."

#30 stew

stew
  • Forum Member
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 04:55 AM

Hey Rob
Cool, thought that was you sparkie:-)
We've had a few good flys lately, just trying learn a bit more about editing in Sony Vegas before I post on YouTube.
Had a good tug of war with my supersonic recently which was great fun.
If any of you guys are around Albany any time soon, pm me and we'll catch up.
There's nearly always somewhere cool to fly down here except in that horrible bloody norwester.

Best from the member for the deep south of WA

S2

Hey hey stew, really good to see you on here! We met outside Armadale shops while I was flying my B2.

Rob.

Sent via Tapatalk for iPhone.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users