• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 brooky

brooky
  • Forum Member
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 12:01 AM

Hi All

When I bought my 1.5 SLE it came with the spare 3 wrap ultralite frame along with the SLE.

The ultralite is just over an inch longer than the SLE and ends up with a slight bend when the end caps are fitted.

Is this correct or should they be the same length?...don't want to over stress anything including my wallet!!

Cheers for any help

brooky

#2 hyzakite

hyzakite

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 03:40 AM

All is good. the skinny tubes could be a bit longer, mine are and my center fat tube is longer than its 2 outer tubes. The fat tubes aren't bending because of the length and the diameter, if the fat tubes was the same length as the skinny tubes they would most likely push the washers over the bridle and destroy the bridle. Fly it, you'll like it.

#3 REVflyer

REVflyer

Rev Guru

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,337 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 04:23 AM

that slight curvature (from the longer & skinnier tubes) is now a permanent aspect of the kite's overall design.  There are a couple of inches worth (from the center point, outward to each end).

#4 makatakam

makatakam

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 05:55 AM

Look at the way the caps fit. The caps fit inside the large diameter tube and over the thinner, so the tubes must be different lengths to eliminate the length differential. The kite is good to go as it is, but unless you are flying in winds over 15mph, use the skinny tubes in the leading edge.

Mark

Posted Image

"...it's a fair wind blowin' warm, out of the south over my shoulder, guess I'll set a course and go."
CSN&Y

#5 brooky

brooky
  • Forum Member
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 06:15 AM

Nice one thanks all...was going to fly it today but not a breath here ani_wallbash.gif

#6 hyzakite

hyzakite

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 06:51 AM

That's a good thing "no wind" it gives you time to unwind your line set, equalize them, attach them to the handles and wind them back up.

#7 RevWizard

RevWizard

Rev Guru and Historian

• Forum Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,462 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 08:00 AM

That's a good thing "no wind" it gives you time to unwind your line set, equalize them, attach them to the handles and wind them back up.

and toss  a Frisbee.

Long John (formerly Mr. R)

STACK International Executive Committee - 6/1996-6/2008
International Rules Book Committee and STACK International Head Judge - 6/2004-6/2008
World Sport Kite Championship Judge - 2004-2005-2006(Chief Judge)
13x 1st - 12x 2nd - 6x 3rd places in 37 overall Quadline individual competitions

Web Site - http://www.johnnmitchell.com/index.html Check it out today!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users