23 replies to this topic

#21 makatakam

makatakam

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 347 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 07:37 PM

I recommend lengthening the tops. The stock bottoms are long enough, and IMHO you don't need any more than one knot in the bottoms (although I actually have two until the pigtail wears out). 

Take a look at the leader lengths that John Barresi uses. The bottoms are relatively long and the top ones are probably twice longer than the bottoms. This is very useful when you begin doing catch and throw. Allows you to grab the leaders way out there instead of the flying line which can cut you quite badly.

Mark

Posted Image

"...it's a fair wind blowin' warm, out of the south over my shoulder, guess I'll set a course and go."
CSN&Y

#22 jbrooks515

jbrooks515
  • Forum Member
  • 10 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 06:58 PM

Quick question... Got this leader line in today and before I started I had the thought of if I needed to sleeve it or if it would be fine as is. Stupid newbie question I know, bit I'd rather ask. Thanks

#23 SkyPuppet

SkyPuppet

Reveller

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 628 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 07:51 PM

Quick question... Got this leader line in today and before I started I had the thought of if I needed to sleeve it or if it would be fine as is. Stupid newbie question I know, bit I'd rather ask. Thanks

There are no stupid questions... no need to sleeve leader line (unless it's your preference hehe), in fact leader line can usually can be used as sleeving material (core removed)!

Have Rev, Will Travel

My YouTube Channel - Thanks for watching smile.png

#24 hyzakite

hyzakite

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 01:19 AM

The bridle line you just got is already sleeved.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users