22 replies to this topic

#21 stroke survivor

stroke survivor

Hard Core Kite Flier

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,728 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 08:10 AM

Over here on the West Coast, I fly coastal and inland valley winds! My most used kites are my Zen, Pro std, and x/v! Winds on the coast usually are plenty strong, especially in spring! Summertime has wild fluctuations as seen last year at Lincoln City! Saturday day was barely there winds, just enough to keep some of us flying! All the big stuff was grounded! That evening the wind came out with plenty of zip and people came crawling out of the woodwork to fly after a day of frustration!! This spring JB had a clinic in Long Beach WA. that needed full or x/vents to survive! So the extremes seem to be needing the most attention, IMHO!!

wayne from portland
You have 2 choices - live on or die!! I ain't the dying type!!!  Also known as "portland flyer" on some forums!

7346824786_f12fcda7bd_s.jpg7770032034_ebc85fc33e_s.jpg7776002900_89d33b664b_s.jpgLogoupdate.png

AKA member

#22 Stone in Shoe Bob

Stone in Shoe Bob

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 11:57 AM

That kite of Alden's looks amazing, I would think a lot less work than a Flick Rev and way more durable than a Tea Bag.

Nice one Alden.
Stone in Shoe Bob

It's Good to Share the Joy.

#23 HedgeWarden

HedgeWarden

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 07:44 PM

I have a B2 mid-vent, and generally fly it in winds a bit above a 1.5 full vent comfort zone. I have flown it in the same winds as an extra vent, and my impression was that the extra vent was sluggish and pulled more. BUT that was the first time I flew an extra-vent, and have since flown extra-vents in groups, and appreciate it much more.

B2 mid-vent, in my opinion, is much more responsive and much lighter pull than a 1.5.  OTOH, I agree that the 1.5 series is the best match for group/team flying. The B2 is great for developing reaction times, and for less strenuous high wind flying.

I have not flown a B2 full vent or standard, so can only extrapolate.

If you can afford a full set of 1.5s, and have enough cash left for some B2s, I believe you will enjoy solo flying with the B2s.

-Howard
No, this is my first childhood!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users