It was suggested, Winds of Change, that I post on this forum to get some help here in San Diego.
25yr+ ago I flew Top of the Line and still have the 5 kites I flew then.
Last year I say Romancing the wind with Ray Bethell. It inspired me to get back into flying.
I now have 1 Prisma Nexus (for my wife), Quantum & 2 Zephers. I had an E3 but the wind here was not great for it so I sold it.
I just ordered a Silver Fox 2.5UL. I turned 63 so I needed a new toy.
I repair my kites myself. I found Sky Shark and have a stash of leading edges and spreaders.
Make my own lines, handles, etc.. Have the fun is being able to fix them.
Over tha past year I have improved but the problem is I have no one to help me.
Videos are OK but I'm not there yet where I can pick it up via a video.
I live in Hillcrest and usually fly at:
1) Libertty Station (sometimes OK winds but can be choppy).
2) Mission Bay park is not all that great these days due to the palm trees but OK sometimes
3) The West side on Rob field at the 3 baseball diamonds West of the entrance road can
be perfect as long as it is not from the South West.
4) Fiesta Island at the OTL field is good but a little sandy.
5) Silver Srand is great when it too cold for beach goers.
I try to fly after work between 3:30-5. Weekends when there are not events at the above locations Mostly Saturday.
Does any one know of someone in my area that is willing to help me a bit?