Photo

Rod Question for B series Mid-vent in stronger winds.

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 REVflyer

REVflyer

Rev Guru

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,339 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 06:18 PM

Oh gotta new sail this evening, replacing my full sail pro FINALLY. Misses didn't squwak too much about the invoice either!

I ordered it with a diamond travel frame, but only needed the sail really.

All my heros came thru on the schedule, many thanks again

#22 hyzakite

hyzakite

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 03:09 AM

hmmm,,, But only needed the sail really, REALLY?  Or not really, really? In the global rev count, does that keep your count at 50-something or finally bring it to 60 revs?big_stretcher.gif Just kiddin', I know what you mean!

#23 REVflyer

REVflyer

Rev Guru

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,339 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 08:29 PM

I wear stuff out and this is my 3rd full sail b-pro. A crispy tight new sail is so sweet

#24 Captainbob

Captainbob

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 12:48 PM

install directions are fool-proof, you don't need the reinforcing patch affixed to your sail until you are sure magic sticks are for you

twelve inch works, but the 16s are recommended

(the difference is most noticeable when the kite is "rolled-up into the flying line" to launch or end/landing)

16s do this trick effortlessly, you step-lively towards the kite (leading edge up, resting on the ground, directly downwind) to roll it up

You take two steps backwards to ONE stand it up and TWO take off, in time with your music please, to launch

you can "flail around" learning slack line tricks without risking the walk of shame (Most of the time anyway!)

The kite is easier to set-up and won't blow around on the ground, you don't have to tension the lines (people walk thru oblivious)

best thing?

A KILLER GLIDE used for field recovery.

Got the Magic sticks today from Flying Smiles Kites. I took my time, and it took about 15 minutes to install and adjust them.  Already flew 4 hours today prior to getting them in the mail, and now it's raining, so will wait till tomorrow to fly with them. I really like the ease of setting  up, and breaking down the kite with the sticks installed, it's no problem, just pull the 2 rods out and fold up as normal.  

AKA member

#25 REVflyer

REVflyer

Rev Guru

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,339 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 02:46 AM

You're adding weight and yet the kite "feels" lighter on the lines?  

Sounds like your skills are improving as well, lots of hours in short order are to be commended.

Great practice session is inverted from the ground to the top of the window and back down again, same speed and laser straight 

Now do it again but up-right this time, and at the very end (almost ground level) before landing

powerfully flick both thumbs forward & add an aggressive step forward (in unison)  The kite will wind up flat on the ground, leading edge facing you and the flying lines wrapped all the way around the kite.

Step backwards and "snap" both handles towards your shoulders with thumbs-up positioning to un-roll and relaunch

The trick is easier from in the middle of the wind window and with a wrap in the lines (brings them together and centers)

With practice it is four beats of music, almost land and hover(1), snap to rolled-up(2), snap back to upright(3) relaunch(4)

You don't have to do anything fancy or run around to make this work for you Bob.  SPANK it!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users