About the Pulling power of a Rev kite, and some background story

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#41 Percy

Percy
  • Forum Member
  • 18 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 12:28 PM

Gonna put the tutorials on my iPhone, so i can check them in the field :).

#42 Percy

Percy
  • Forum Member
  • 18 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 09:51 AM

Today and yesterday i flew it. Wow, so different then dual lines, but its so much fun. I crash alot, but the hovering is going beter and beter. In the beginning he felt totally uncontrollable. Today felt way beter and i had lots of lots of fun.

The pulling is indeed not that crazy. Great! I feel i have to learn a lot so i made some contact with people in my area. Team jst-4-fun. Gonna meet them soon biggrin.png.

The New York Minute in action:
https://flic.kr/p/mycgZr

Everybody, so much thanks for all the great help. I hope to meet some of you later. I definitely gonna have some great time with this kite smile.png.

#43 makatakam

makatakam

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 336 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 11:41 AM

The pulling is indeed not that crazy. Great! I feel i have to learn a lot so i made some contact with people in my area. Team jst-4-fun. Gonna meet them soon biggrin.png.

Good team, experienced flyers -- you should learn much from them.

Mark

Posted Image

"...it's a fair wind blowin' warm, out of the south over my shoulder, guess I'll set a course and go."
CSN&Y

#44 Dutchrev

Dutchrev

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 11:49 AM

Sorry Guys, ani_giveup.gif I was extreme busy with work. Otherwise had seen Percy's request for information earlier. The ulmost stupid thing is the distance between us is 25 km. Now he had to make a detour of quite some miles.  But we have made contact and the appointment for flying together is coming weekend. We will pull him deep in the dark side and give him all the support he need to have great fun with his beautifull rev.   It is ofcourse also in our interest, maybe we can persuade him to start team flying ...... more pilots more fun....Jst-4-Fn 

Thanks for helping him out!!

Free in the Sky, flying my Rev

#45 Mike

Mike

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 520 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 02:14 PM

Glad you got your kite, I think it looks great!. I see you will also be flying with a local flier, that will speed up your learning. Welcome, as we say, to the dark side!

Mike Kory:
Posted Image and Posted Image

#46 Percy

Percy
  • Forum Member
  • 18 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 04:44 AM

I am surprised by the enormous help people are willing to give to help a beginner like me. So great! 

It feels like http://i2.kym-cdn.co...estored-010.jpg

Funny part is the social side of kiting. I didn't think of that. Maybe its like what fishing is for some people, or soccer, or gaming.. Formation flying looks really nice to do, and i hope someday i can join. But first the basics.

Lets hope there will be some wind sunday, so i can fly to the dark side ;).

#47 stroke survivor

stroke survivor

Hard Core Kite Flier

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,716 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 08:00 AM

Really learn 2 basics for an attempt at team flying - controlled forward speed and hovers in all directions! With those 2 tools in hand you'll be able to blend into a group pretty easy! 

Speed control is an absolute!! Keeps you in place and stops you from running the guy in front of you over! You'll be much more able to hold your spacing, or even stop and let people in front get arranged, then join back in!!

Hovers are in a lot of the team maneuvers, you need to control them to do almost every move in team flying!

In your solo practice work on these skills!! Pick out something in the horizon to fly a straight line with stops and goes mixed in!! Try it at different speeds, going slow, then medium, then fast, mix it up! Do the same for up and down flight, it helps with inverted hovers!

When you have these skills pretty well in hand, you'll be better able to fit right in with any group!!

wayne from portland
You have 2 choices - live on or die!! I ain't the dying type!!!  Also known as "portland flyer" on some forums!

7346824786_f12fcda7bd_s.jpg7770032034_ebc85fc33e_s.jpg7776002900_89d33b664b_s.jpgLogoupdate.png

AKA member

#48 Phlexipus

Phlexipus
  • Forum Member
  • 13 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 03:34 PM

Hey Percy,

Welcome to the dark side...  and with revkat as a tutor you can't go wrong.. 

#49 Tmadz

Tmadz
  • Forum Member
  • 42 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 04:30 AM

Percy, let us know how you're doing. Want to make sure that you have been able to meet up with some people. Help from other fliers makes you learn much faster.

#50 Percy

Percy
  • Forum Member
  • 18 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 01:03 PM

Today i have practiced with the jst-4-fun team and lots of others. I was totally amazed that, 10 minutes away from my home, there was a group of 12 rev pilots flying. Even in the rain! So die hard. Next week the group will move to the beach and maybe i will catch up with them again. The flying is great, but the social aspect is also great!

I learned a lot, really a lot. I know what to practice now, cause i got some homework. Hovering, loops, circles, squares. A big to do list. After 6 hours of flying i was really tired and had to get some power nap haha. Buts its ok, its a great workout.

Gonna replace the velcron 70 kilo lines to laser pro lines (120 ft) and i will add a black race frame to the set for those days with less wind.

Yes, today i am part of the Dark Side and i like it!

#51 Tmadz

Tmadz
  • Forum Member
  • 42 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 02:42 PM

Yay!!! Great to hear. Take advantage of every chance you get to practice with them. Before you know it, you might get asked to join the team. Of course you would need to buy more kites to fly in all winds and weather. They're addicting. cat_evil.gif

#52 Percy

Percy
  • Forum Member
  • 18 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 01:16 AM

POPULAR

Woohoo, yesterday i joined my second meetup already! Flew alot, learned alot. Replaced my vector lines with the laser pro lines (thank you Dutchrev), and borrowed a full vented to fly on the beach (my full sail was no option). My girlfriend and a great friend of mine joined me that day. They both loved it to! 

The day was organised by Team JST-4-FN, really nice people. Lots of wind, sea, sun and rev kites. Its funny.. three pages ago on this forum i am considering to buy a rev, and now i already joined two meetups. The rev community online and offline is so helpful, friendly, just amazing biggrin.png.

Some pictures of yesterday:

https://www.flickr.c...157643902439405

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users