55 replies to this topic

#41 REVflyer

REVflyer

Rev Guru

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,360 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 08:31 AM

these lights would be so easy to adapt to a dualie, the standoffs are already secure and the frame is what the lights would be butted up against for a more rigid structure.  It will affect overall balance, but how much I'm not sure,..... more experiments to chase

#42 stroke survivor

stroke survivor

Hard Core Kite Flier

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 08:41 AM

More interesting would be to use 4 lights - 2 aimed out and 2 aimed in!! Illuminate the sail and have "spotlights" to you the flier!

wayne from portland
You have 2 choices - live on or die!! I ain't the dying type!!!  Also known as "portland flyer" on some forums!

7346824786_f12fcda7bd_s.jpg7770032034_ebc85fc33e_s.jpg7776002900_89d33b664b_s.jpgLogoupdate.png

AKA member

#43 mystainedskin

mystainedskin
  • Forum Member
  • 26 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 09:02 AM

Idk about that one. With the sail being lit...you lose the need for that brightness in my opinion. Being back-lit. .it was clearly visible as to the orientation of the kite.....unless you were doing some photography. .then the bright led would help.
Just my preference. .

#44 Wayne

Wayne

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 335 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 11:35 AM

Paul,

I ordered 3 sets to experiment with my existing light set.  RGB for the psychedelic look, white, and amber (to match my existing set).  I am hoping I will like the look of light mounted to the vertical spars +/- corners to add to the effect of my Jim Cox lights.  Without the sticks the benefits will be limited, but maybe they will be worth the effort.  If not, I will have some to share.

Wayne Reed
Rev Backtracker, 1.5 SLE, Custom Full, Mid-vent & Vented B Series, Shook Weave Kites
http://WReedImages.com
My Rev Gallery

#45 Tmadz

Tmadz

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 03:56 PM

OK. I followed the link and ordered a set. I hope these work. I do worry about them staying snug, but if Paul insists they're good, then that's ok with me. Now I hope I can get enought nighttime wind to fly. The problem with flying in the middle of the continent is that the winds usually die down when the sun sets.

#46 REVflyer

REVflyer

Rev Guru

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,360 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 04:48 AM

plan for no-wind and you will not be disappointed, location is almost more important than the equipment selection.  Make sure you know what is behind you and be safe

#47 Aerochic

Aerochic

Revadelic

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,723 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 06:07 PM

I don't think he's on this Rev Forum, but "Alloyjared" had gotten some really great shots from the Festival...

https://www.flickr.c...57644477921980/

Better Living Through Rev Flying...

Rev Themed Ts & Goodies: http://www.zazzle.co...ckarts/clothing
Aerostakes: http://www.etsy.com/shop/LeshockArts
Rev Galleries: http://www.revkites....=user&user=1408
Flickr Pics: http://www.flickr.co...s/16896184@N05/

#48 REVflyer

REVflyer

Rev Guru

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,360 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 02:29 AM

Jared Hayworth is a great addition to any kiting activity, his entire family in fact!  Set-up (without the attitude!), he hustles all day long doing whatever is needed,..... photos, lessons, sherpa duties, plans the competitions for the Eastern League as the Commissioner.  

For the Air & Space Museum indoor gig he brings their big ole flat screen TV (off of the wall and drives 8 hours), so we have a monitor for video playbacks in the lobby.  He doesn't want to be involved with the cliques or politics, just sharing the joy.  I include him as a dear friend.

AND

my lights are due today, Fedex says!

#49 REVflyer

REVflyer

Rev Guru

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,360 posts

Posted 06 January 2015 - 03:29 AM

fooled around a bunch with these lights, the hot set-up appears to be mounting 'em onto a Shook Mesh Masterpiece.  The LEDs backlight the kite, but also show directly through the sail towards the flier.  It's very visible from either the front or the back for the spectators.  I'm only dragging one unit on each magic stick unless they're affixed to the zen, then the two pack per side rules.  A mostly white sail maximizes the visual effect, honestly? they look pretty cool just sitting in a stationary hover or resting on the ground.

#50 RobB

RobB
  • Forum Member
  • 23 posts

Posted 06 January 2015 - 05:53 PM

So, we're in the process of booking our condo for this year, saw this post came alive again. Getting psyched for this year ! We're going to have another family with us this year, so we have to find a bigger place. Kinda sad, because the place we've had the last few years had an awesome gameroom in the basement. Oh, well... looking forward to seeing you all out there in a few months !

#51 REVflyer

REVflyer

Rev Guru

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,360 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 04:35 AM

I should be there again this year with Paul Dugard as my travelin' side-kick (thurs to tues)

#52 makatakam

makatakam

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 429 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 10:34 AM

Sure would be nice if someone posted the festival dates and schedule so those of us who haven't been there or live right next door could know what and when.

And maybe even where.

Mark

Posted Image

"...it's a fair wind blowin' warm, out of the south over my shoulder, guess I'll set a course and go."
CSN&Y

#53 RobB

RobB
  • Forum Member
  • 23 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 11:46 AM

Hey Mark, the festival is usually over Memorial Day weekend, end of May. And it's Wildwood, NJ.

https://www.google.c...b94d349e94a2872

#54 mystainedskin

mystainedskin
  • Forum Member
  • 26 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 01:54 PM

Sure hope I can make it... alot of fun last year ;)
and speaking of lights..Here is the preliminary run from last year at Wildwood. Light play:

#55 makatakam

makatakam

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 429 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 06:11 PM

Hey Mark, the festival is usually over Memorial Day weekend, end of May. And it's Wildwood, NJ.

https://www.google.c...b94d349e94a2872

Thanks, Rob.

Mark

Posted Image

"...it's a fair wind blowin' warm, out of the south over my shoulder, guess I'll set a course and go."
CSN&Y

#56 RobB

RobB
  • Forum Member
  • 23 posts

Posted 12 January 2015 - 11:52 AM

Sure hope I can make it... alot of fun last year wink.png
and speaking of lights..Here is the preliminary run from last year at Wildwood. Light play:

I hope you can make it, too. I hope I make it this year, too, I can't believe I had to send my family & friends without me last year because I got sick at the last minute. Nothing like paying for a trip & condo and have to settle for pictures... I don't think I even got a crummy t-shirt out of the deal !  cat_sick.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users