#21 mdilucca

mdilucca

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 349 posts

Posted 17 August 2007 - 05:02 PM

thats no big deal the white spectra will hold up for a while

But, the old bridles material didn't have this problem.

Cheers
Mario

Cheers

Mario

Island_quad_logoSmall_50_zps817bf301.jpg

#22 big bri

big bri

BRIAN...

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,656 posts

Posted 18 August 2007 - 11:08 PM

No Problems with my B Series and ive put alot of hours in on them :) .

BRIAN...

#23 outsync

outsync
  • Forum Member
  • 27 posts

Posted 12 May 2008 - 07:13 AM

Yeap, my 2 BS have blue bridles. They're bit thinner than before and I noticed some cracks on the outside layer already !!!! I wonder about its durability???

Cheers
Mario

I'm having similar issues with the bridles on my 1.5 B's ( vented and standard ). I doesn't seems to influence the kite so I dont worry about it.
I did got replacement bridles from the shop where I bought the kites with out any problems.
Still need to figure out how to attach the new bridles :)

Good Winds,

Outsync
Out Sync since 1984

#24 REVflyer

REVflyer

Rev Guru

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,309 posts

Posted 12 May 2008 - 09:52 AM

I have three or four masterpiece Rev kites (depending on which ones actually count!)

Three came with Black high-test 100# Laserpro bridle line and the first one had a dacron bridle, (black) but it was a REV1, the 13 colonies in a patriotic color scheme.

My recent acquisitions direct from the factory all had the gray bridles. I replaced them anyway and sent the spares to Weider in case he can use 'em.

#25 Sailor99

Sailor99

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,334 posts

Posted 12 May 2008 - 10:39 AM

Some of my blue bridles seemed to develop a sort of split/hernia but it didn't cause a problem I just worked the herniaed bit tight and it disappeared.
Over - Jeremy

Posted Image

Knowledge: The small part of ignorance that we arrange and classify.

#26 steveb

steveb

Occasional Poseur

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 614 posts

Posted 12 May 2008 - 11:41 AM

My 2 B-Series have the grey bridles.
I prefer it to the older red version, as sometimes the red colour would bleed onto the sail if you put it away damp.
Living where I do, dampness happens. ;)

#27 wufer

wufer

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 12 May 2008 - 11:53 AM

REVflyer
"Black high-test 100# Laserpro bridle line"

Any idea where i can get some ?

Derek.

#28 Simon

Simon

Rev Legend

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 856 posts

Posted 12 May 2008 - 01:24 PM

Is it just me or can you actually tell the colour at 120feet?

:blue-music:

The Flying Squad

Posted Image

#29 antman

antman

king of wildwood

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,213 posts

Posted 12 May 2008 - 02:25 PM

i just made a handful of spectra bridles the other day before this day of nasty winds we are haveing now .. i test flew them and they are much better then the standerd bridle for really light winds
GOD PUT ME HERE. TO ENJOY THE WINDS

#30 REVflyer

REVflyer

Rev Guru

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,309 posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 02:15 AM

Hi Derek,
I buy my high-test bridle line from Bonnie (Hang'EmHighFabrics) or from Teresa (theKiteshoppe.com). I think it's commercially available from others as well. I'd bet Steve (Kitestudio.com) can also send this stuff to you also.

My friend Harold Ames has a spool of several thousand feet, so when in doubt (or a hurry!) I just shake him down face-to-face!

If I make a custom low-wind 1.6 bridle for folks in the ConUSA, the "fee" is fifty feet in one continuous roll, mailed to my residence. I make-up the bridle on a board and send it back to the kite flyer by USPS.

That material comes in two strengths (100# & 170#, I believe !) The board is designed for the 100#. That means the thumb screws are set to use an exact amount of line length, within the knots. A bridle board will not allow you to go to the next step, until the first one is executed perfectly.

The other day 2 folks came to me about a new REV1, we were at a kite festival in Virginia Beach. The "DOWN" bridle legs were off left to right about six inches. Great! We took it off entirely, untied the legs, equalized them side-to-side and reinstalled. guess what? The darn thing flew perfectly thereafter. But what if nobody had been there?, ...the poor buyer would have been so screwed. Who wants to go fly with a bunch of friends and find out you have the only goofed-up kite! Or worse, you're alone and don't know why things aren't working as they should be. Anyway I gave 'em some tips, particularly about not becoming a "flailer" like I am <LOL!>

The high-test line is great to use for bridles, because it can be tied and untied very easily. On the black material, I use a silver colored Sharpie pen to mark the pieces. You pinch the "marks" into the jaws of forceps, tie your knots and butt 'em against the forceps jaw, then yank it as tight as possible. Almost all of the knots are figure-of-eights, . . . these knots have legs that travel in opposite directions, when getting tighter. Obviously that must be overcome, if you want the knot to fall in a very specific location.

The forceps allow you to flip one of the halves
(imagine you are looking at the "8" laid-out on it's side loosely, see the two 1/2s?)
OVER the top, of the other half. Now all the slack can be pulled thru and the knot stops exactly where desired.

This is great stuff, I can't imagine using anything else.
paul

PS: Harold use to make his own bridle line BEFORE it was commercially made (10 or 15 years ago). He'd slide a dull carpet needle, dragging 90# Sprectra thru hundreds of feet of 40# hollow dacron, while laughing at the Simpsons cartoons on TV. It was truly a joyous day when FEDEX delivered that huge roll to his humble home!

PPS: If I-quad is coming across the pond maybe,... just maybe, they could carry some to you and save the freight?

#31 wufer

wufer

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 02:55 AM

REVflyer, thank you.
Just to make sure; is this it, "Part BLHx-L - HiTech Bridle Line - 100#" from Bonnie.

"The other day 2 folks came to me about a new REV1, we were at a kite festival in Virginia Beach. The "DOWN" bridle legs were off left to right about six inches. Great! We took it off entirely, untied the legs, equalized them side-to-side and reinstalled. guess what? The darn thing flew perfectly thereafter"

Thats why im pickin your brains :P ;)
KiteSquid said you were good :cup_1st:

Derek.

#32 Clin

Clin

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 06:30 AM

The other day 2 folks came to me about a new REV1, we were at a kite festival in Virginia Beach. The "DOWN" bridle legs were off left to right about six inches. Great! We took it off entirely, untied the legs, equalized them side-to-side and reinstalled. guess what? The darn thing flew perfectly thereafter. But what if nobody had been there?, ...the poor buyer would have been so screwed. Who wants to go fly with a bunch of friends and find out you have the only goofed-up kite! Or worse, you're alone and don't know why things aren't working as they should be. Anyway I gave 'em some tips, particularly about not becoming a "flailer" like I am <LOL!>

I had the same problem with my Sedgwick! So the Rev 1 bridle is dacron w/o spectra core? Should I change to spectra-core?

Cheers
Clin

#33 REVflyer

REVflyer

Rev Guru

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,309 posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 08:50 AM

Clin,
I would consider changing it over myself,.... except I very seldom fly my only REV1 kite.
You'd be much happier with a bridle that can't stretch and shows it's wear long before failure becomes imminent.

Derek,
YES you have the correct part number for Bonnie's product

#34 Mike

Mike

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 520 posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 09:40 AM

Revflyer,
I would love to see a video of your bridle board and how you use it.
Maybe if you brought it to Wildwood we could get someone to film it.
Mike Kory:
Posted Image and Posted Image

#35 wufer

wufer

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 10:01 AM

"I would love to see a video of your bridle board and how you use it." :clap;

Now THAT IS a good idea. :sign_please:

Derek.

ps, Part BLHx-L - HiTech Bridle Line - 100#" from Bonnie.@$31 shipped mmmmmm.

#36 Theresa

Theresa

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 577 posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 02:17 PM

REVflyer
"Black high-test 100# Laserpro bridle line"

Any idea where i can get some ?

Derek.

Hi Derek,

We love Laser Pro and all the support they give to iQuad! :)
I stock all Laser Pro line at The Kite Shoppe.

http://www.thekitesh...ers/cat_12.html

Theresa

#37 wufer

wufer

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 03:57 AM

Theresa.
Your comments have been noted, and action has been taker, ref- LASB12 ;)

Thank you.
Derek.

#38 REVflyer

REVflyer

Rev Guru

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,309 posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 05:41 AM

I guess I could drag the 1.6 Ryv's bridle board up to Wildwood, . . .... we're bringing everything else!
(I don't have high-test line to share though)

Anyone is welcome to try out a custom bridle on one of my kites and if you're interested also welcome to use the board and fabricate a new one for themselves on-site. It will take over an hour or so (to tie it, plus the installation time).

Maybe I could do a brief clinic on light wind modifications we use in Washington DC, for other inland or no-wind flyers. My buddies Harold Ames and Dave Ashworth will both be in Wildwood with me, so a tag-team WOW effort can be offered.

I don't want to infringe upon anybody else's thunder though, I'm only coming for fun ultimately!!!
paul

#39 Theresa

Theresa

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 577 posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 01:28 PM

Theresa.
Your comments have been noted, and action has been taker, ref- LASB12 ;)

Thank you.
Derek.

Thanks!!

50ft of black is in the box! :)

Theresa

#40 Stone in Shoe Bob

Stone in Shoe Bob

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,349 posts

Posted 15 May 2008 - 08:58 AM

Is it just me or can you actually tell the colour at 120feet?

:blue-music:

I have a sneaking feeling the wind canít tell the colour either.
Stone in Shoe Bob

It's Good to Share the Joy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users