#1 Jay Nunes

Jay Nunes

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 06:25 PM

Hello Rev flyers,

Kiting Tampa Bay is hosting Kitemania on Feb 7-8, 2014.  This is NOT a Festival.. Just a gathering of kiters...

Some of you might remember that in 2008 we set a record for Rev fliers in a mega fly on Treasure Island Beach at 33.  Kelly and I were looking at the Number of fliers coming to Kitemania and we think we have a very good chance to up the record.  So, if you are going to be in Florida on February 7-8 please grab a rev and join us. To set the record we all must do at least one maneuver together.

Here is the plan…

First, this is going to be as quick as possible. This does not mean we won’t be flying team like we do, all day, but for the record attempt I would like to be finished within a half an hour.
Second, the Maneuvers are going to be super simple and this means everyone is welcome to join in.   Only flying in front of yourself in your own window. No Grids and No Following because that will lead us into unwanted trouble. Maneuver one will be the Audio Wave rainbowwave.gif witch entails flying strait up and then back strait down in succession. Also we can create an arch with the middle kites flying the highest.  Simple.

After we set the record with these two maneuvers all is fair game.

For more information go to KitingTampaBay.com

I hope to see you all on a kite field real soon..
Jay

Kiting Tampa Bay Web Site

Kitemania

February 7-8 2014 Treasure Island Beach..
The NON_Festival weekend of flying...

#2 AldenMiler

AldenMiler

Bazzer P Wannabe

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,435 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 12:36 PM

So this would be a TI record attempt for that beach right?  I thought the record in 2008 for TI was 28 and then the following Wildwood was 33.

I'll be there with a Rev so I'll play.

-Alden

"Don't go in there!" RC

#3 kellykelly

kellykelly

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 444 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 06:03 AM

I just looks the pos from 2008  and it was 29. Not sure about Wildwood.

2008 was so much fun! I was number 2 in that fly! 

I think we can raise the number at KiteMania South! 

It's going to be such a fun weekend of flying!!! Can't wait to see everyone!!! 

Kelly

Kiting Tampa Bay Kite Club
If you plan on Coming to the Tampa Bay Area. We would love to Fly with you..

Check out Kiting Tampa Bay Web site!
Learn more about our club, events and Lots of great kite links.

Just Friends Flying Kites 

Kite Mania South - 2014 Treasure Island Beach! 

#4 kellykelly

kellykelly

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 444 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 06:19 AM

KiteMania Feb 7-9 
 Join us for a fun laid back weekend of kite flying!! We have kite flyers coming all over the United Sates and Canada 

This event is about friends getting together and doing what they love flying kites on Treasure Island Beach! If you love Kiting, Night flying, Laughing, smiling, eating good food, partying, bubbling, music, this is the weekend for you! 

We will be flying behind the Thunderbird Beach Resort.-10700 Gulf Blvd, Treasure Island, Fl 33706

Lets be 100% clear about this.... This is a monthly Fly X10... So many people happen to be coming to Florida n February that we invited the whole world to join us.... and we are calling it KiteMania!!! 
So come on down and join us for a Kite Flyers Dream Vacation..

We are kicking off KiteMania with a meet and greet on Friday night with a free mini Kite making workshop with world-renowned Miniature Kite maker Glenn Davison. He has chosen Valentines heart kite like the one in the picture. 
Join us at Bazzies beach bar at 6pm for dinner and the workshop to follow. Bazzies has affordable food and a full bar that is open till 9pm. 

Saturday night we will meet at Feola’s Italian Restaurant within the Thunderbird at 6:30pm. Some Italian, Bubbles and maybe a few songs as well, Oh and don’t forget the fruit of the vine.. If Italian is not your thing, meet us after dinner for social hour. The Bar is open till 10pm.

Bazzie's Beach Bar is located Beach front at the Bilmar Beach Resort just North of Sloppy Joe's-10650 Gulf Blvd, Treasure Island, FL 33706
-------------------------------------------------------------

KiteMania
The Story,

Many people have asked us about this gathering of Kiters. First, let us say this NOT a Kite festival.
This is, as our motto states, “Just friends Flying Kites”. 

So how did this gathering come to be you ask? Let us tell you the story. For years our friends Steve, Sue, Art and Beth having been coming to Treasure Island Beach in February and we have enjoyed their company here in FL. We’ll, the four of them and us (Jay, Kelly and Star) all went to the Antelope Kite festival in Aug 2 013. At the event we saw old friends and met new ones. Anyways, The seven of us were chatting about the February gathering and Barry and Susan Tislow joined in and Said “We go to Florida every year in February, We would love to join you at TI”. As they were saying this Fred and Donna Taylor walked up and said, “Were going to be there at that time as well, Let’s pick a weekend and we’ll all meet there together!! This is officially how KiteMania was born.. 

Since coming home it has evolved to having a Name. FYI, Kiting Tampa Bay always names their Fly’s even our Monthly Gathering’s. Also, It IT now has an Event Page on Facebook and we decided to invite every FB friend on our List. Why Not? This is what KTB does. We organize kiting gatherings. See you there.

Jay Nunes

Kelly

#5 AldenMiler

AldenMiler

Bazzer P Wannabe

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,435 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 06:39 AM

I checked my pictures when I got home.  WIldwood was 28 so I guess that make TI 33.

Either way I'll play.

-Alden

"Don't go in there!" RC

#6 kellykelly

kellykelly

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 444 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 06:45 AM

Here is a link to the post from 2008... 

http://www.revkites....ed-mega-record/

Kelly

#7 Jay Nunes

Jay Nunes

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 01:35 PM

Thanks Kelly..

Ok I stand corrected,  It is 29 Rev fliers on TI...  Cool So we only need 30...  

I think we can do that for sure....kid_content.gif

Kiting Tampa Bay Web Site

Kitemania

February 7-8 2014 Treasure Island Beach..
The NON_Festival weekend of flying...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users