8 replies to this topic

#1 beach

beach

Rev Guru

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,858 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 10:24 AM

Well time to roll out the barrel and head to some fun in the sun........ani_yahoo.gif  So as I pack

my bags I can't help but think this will help me clear my head......ani_smoke.gif  So off to another

adventure with my brother Bazzer and lots of good friends..... Benani_smoke.gif ani_victory.gif ani_wallbash.gif 

Treasure Island Florida here I come.........

Attached Thumbnails

• _DSC0529.jpg

#2 jardeon

jardeon
  • Forum Member
  • 19 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 12:25 PM

Can't wait to see you there, Ben!

Just a quick reminder for everyone; one of the big points of contention with the festival this year is "no cars on the beach."  In order to keep our good relationship with the City of Treasure Island and the state of Florida, we will be honoring their wishes to keep all motor vehicles off the beach.  I sincerely appreciate everyone's cooperation on this matter, since we want to keep coming back to TI every January for years to come!

#3 REVflyer

REVflyer

Rev Guru

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,337 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 05:32 AM

see ya'll tomorrow after lunch before I can actually get out there to fly

#4 kellykelly

kellykelly

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 444 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 06:13 AM

Great seeing you!! ani_yahoo.gif

Come back soon!!! 

Kelly

Kiting Tampa Bay Kite Club
If you plan on Coming to the Tampa Bay Area. We would love to Fly with you..

Check out Kiting Tampa Bay Web site!
Learn more about our club, events and Lots of great kite links.

Just Friends Flying Kites 

Kite Mania South - 2014 Treasure Island Beach! 

#5 bbailey49

bbailey49

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 12:50 PM

Wish we could still be there. 70 degrees would be far superior to this white stuff we have in E Tennessee.
...ready to fly at a moment's notice

#6 REVflyer

REVflyer

Rev Guru

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,337 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 03:34 AM

I heard this morning on the radio that Destin FL got 3 inches of snow and germantown maryland only received the slightest dusting.  Weather is so unfair sometimes!

#7 stroke survivor

stroke survivor

Hard Core Kite Flier

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,746 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 08:59 AM

Paul - you complaining??ani_sleep.gif

wayne from portland
You have 2 choices - live on or die!! I ain't the dying type!!!  Also known as "portland flyer" on some forums!

7346824786_f12fcda7bd_s.jpg7770032034_ebc85fc33e_s.jpg7776002900_89d33b664b_s.jpgLogoupdate.png

AKA member

#8 REVflyer

REVflyer

Rev Guru

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,337 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 10:01 AM

I've not complained 'bout tough weather since I left Chicago, except for a couple of times!  

I went to college (NIU/Dekalb~ in the late 70's) and once we had snowdrifts that covered school buses & telephone poles for miles in every direction.  The interstate was closed for 3 days and I don't remember much else (except our early arrival at the local liquor store and immense popularity thereafter until a decent thaw).  You can't even shovel it,... where are you going to put that snow, on top of the dorm?  Front end loaders and dump trucks were necessary to haul it away.  That didn't start 'til crews could reach the equipment.

Bethesda. MD got 26 inches all at one time while we were at the MKS building retreat.  The hotel staff would be the same folks who served breakfast late last night and cocktails the day before.  When I finally got home the misses & neighbors had shoveled all their snow into MY parking spot.  You could hide an extended cab pick-up truck in the pile.  Man I was mad at the world that day!

Went thru hurricane Andrew, but from 90 miles away.  Pretty scary stuff but my home and landscaping survived intact.

Been thru two tornados, once the whole house was gone (2 stories brick) except for a single chest of drawers and the chimney.  Second time, after rebuilding the homestead, the twister took off the top story, lifted the carpet from the first floor and place the second level back down again. The carpet is now on the ceiling!  We moved three hours away and felt pity on the folks that acquired our old home.  Even the mail man moved!!!

#9 Tmadz

Tmadz

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 12:48 PM

Don't feel too bad for them. They'll be back in the 60's by the weekend. In the meantime I live east of DeKalb and it was pretty darn cold here too. Seems almost balmy today. Amazing how fast you get used to it.

I much rather have to deal with tornados than hurricanes as well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users