20 replies to this topic

#21 SkyPuppet

SkyPuppet

Reveller

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 628 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 12:54 PM

There are many reasons I enjoy flying my Zen. I like how it likes a patient hand, how I can't just force it around and still have it look ok like I can on the 1.5 platform. On top of this, I love how I can guide the Zen through every single facet of any turn/maneuver, maintaining sail pressure, easily, the entire time (if I desire) through the slowest, laziest cartwheels... it's pure magic.

A little downside: she is a sensitive kite, and requires a somewhat experienced touch IMHO as her size makes the rods reflex a bit slower. And because of the size many of my physical movements are often quite exaggerated compared to flying the 1.5s, especially when I'm trying for precision. Willow Robin of iQuad said it best, flying the Zen is like driving a big 'ole bus with a big steering wheel :)

I normally fly the patented JB hybrid frame setup, however I recently jammed the ferrule on my 2 wrap center. Well it's been 2 years since I've flown any other setup... I dusted off my Race center, popped it in and have been flying on it for the last 3 days. I'm happy to say that a Zen fully kitted out in a Race frame is the best for me now :) 2 years of practice has improved my "touch" quite some, she is so lively with this crap North wind on this setup, I'm just giddy :D

Have Rev, Will Travel

My YouTube Channel - Thanks for watching smile.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users