2014 Treasure Island Sport Kite Championships

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 jardeon

jardeon
  • Forum Member
  • 19 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 08:51 AM

Registration is now open for the 2014 Treasure Island Sport Kite Championships (TISKC).  Presented by Windworks in Florida, and sponsored by Prism, Premier, HQ, Sturdy Designs, and Kitebus Festivals (with more sponsors coming soon), TISKC and the Treasure Island Kite Festival celebrate their 17th year!  TISKC is scheduled to take place over the Martin Luther King, Jr. Weekend, January 18-20th, 2014, in Treasure Island, Florida.  For most of us, it'll be a three day weekend, so after the competition we'll have plenty of time to fly and enjoy the white sands and warm sun of the gulf coast before heading home.

In the grand tradition of Eastern League events, Maggie Engvall will be returning as our Chief Judge, and Terry Murray will be on hand to provide us all with the very best of festival sound & announcing that we've come to enjoy from Kitebus Festivals.  Compulsory figures, schedules and directions are available online at the Eastern League website.  As with the past few years, the competition will be tightly integrated with the kite festival, with the festival field doubling as the ballet competition field for both Saturday and Sunday afternoon.

We're again offering a flat-rate registration fee for competitors taking advantage of early registration: sign up before January 1st 2014, and pay the lower of $45 for unlimited disciplines, or $15 to register, and $15 per discipline.  After January 1st those prices will increase, so sign up early and save!  All non-novice registrations must be received prior to January 12, 2013.  Novice & first-time competitors may register up to the day of the event, and first-time competitors always fly free at Eastern League events!  The host hotel will once again be the Thunderbird resort, book your room early and be a part of the party!

We're still lining up raffle items, but I'm thrilled to announce that our first raffle sponsor will be Sturdy Designs.  Will Sturdy has generously offered TISKC a choice of either a Saber III or the new Sturdy Designs freestyle kite, the Impulse as the raffle prize, so I'm putting the question to all of you: email me at elcommissioner@gmail.com and let me know which kite we should raffle off!  Raffle tickets will go on sale after Thanksgiving, so let me know your choices ASAP!

#2 REVflyer

REVflyer

Rev Guru

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 04:16 AM

Thanks for taking us on again Jared, TI should be a fantastic time (like always!)  

I particularly enjoy how the competition is spaced between the demos

on the same field

with Kitebus on the sound system directing traffic.

Happy thanksgiving to your fine family and you.

Tell Will we want his latest greatest stuff,

not some proven high performance kite used by master pilots across the country,

geesh!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users