25 replies to this topic

#21 Felix Mottram

Felix Mottram

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,859 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 06:18 AM

I like Pirsig's notion of 'paying attention' to detail and 'understanding' consequences...

Felix

#22 Felix Mottram

Felix Mottram

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • 2,859 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 11:11 AM

Thomas,

I am not sure that I understand your anxiety.  I have been happy to help here and on the field.  Ashley and Rowan (my sons) both decided to fly Revolution Kites without any influence/pressure from me!  Ashley is calling the team of late...

Felix

#23 Captainbob

Captainbob

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 06:57 AM

UPS is delivering my Rev SLE this afternoon.  I have been watching the tutorial videos non stop for days, especially JB's tutorials on line equalization, line management, launching, and basic hover . He seems to cover everything.  Can't wait to get it set up and try a launch.  

AKA member

#24 stroke survivor

stroke survivor

Hard Core Kite Flier

• Forum Member
  • 1,689 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 09:07 AM

Remember - if all else fails and the kite is gonna crash no matter what you do - GIVE TO THE KITE!!!! Step forward, throw your hands forward, and depower as much as possible!! Makes the crashes a lot easier on the kite!! You pull - all you're doing is driving it harder into the ground!!!! ani_wallbash.gif

Breathe!!!!! ani_idea.gif

wayne from portland
You have 2 choices - live on or die!! I ain't the dying type!!!  Also known as "portland flyer" on some forums!

7346824786_f12fcda7bd_s.jpg7770032034_ebc85fc33e_s.jpg7776002900_89d33b664b_s.jpgLogoupdate.png

AKA member

#25 Captainbob

Captainbob

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 12:01 PM

What happened to make it spin over and over to the left is, the right top line wrapped onto the end cap, knot or washer, if it spins out of control to the right, the top left line wrapped onto that stuff. Next time you go out, wrap left or right top line on purpose on one of those points. You'll see it happen and know why.

Had that happen to me for the first time today, after about 30 hours of flying Revs. Couldn't figure out what was wrong until I saw one of the lines wrapped around the knot. Thought the Rev was possessed at first. wink.png

AKA member

#26 lylenc

lylenc
  • Forum Member
  • 37 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 05:32 PM

You'll also think the kite is possessed if you launch with the left and right side handles in the opposite hands!!!

"Just One More"
Craig
Walla Walla, WA

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users