Photo

Who fly's near columbia SC , or Charleston ?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 windpoacher

windpoacher

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 05:39 PM

I am headed to Columbia, South Carolina week of 10-22, - 10-27, for my daughters graduation from boot camp !! smile.png and may find some time to fly, plan on a drive into charlston also , soooo , I am testing the waters, to see who may be around that part of the country ?? Just checking ??

.................................................................................................. Thank's...Eli Russell...aka..Windpoacher

..........................W I N D P O A C H E R..........................
...........................thank god for wind..........................
............................thank him often..........................

#2 stroke survivor

stroke survivor

Hard Core Kite Flier

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,728 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 07:02 PM

You might check the member map, both here and on Kitelife, for anybody local!

wayne from portland
You have 2 choices - live on or die!! I ain't the dying type!!!  Also known as "portland flyer" on some forums!

7346824786_f12fcda7bd_s.jpg7770032034_ebc85fc33e_s.jpg7776002900_89d33b664b_s.jpgLogoupdate.png

AKA member

#3 Murph

Murph

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 04:47 AM

Its a tool that is by far under utilized, mores the pity more members don't take a few minutes out and stick their pin on the map.

I know when I was moving here to Ohio, not finding any names on the map in and around the Columbus area, I resorted to going into the member list and searching by location ..and luckily enough I found some that way. 

click on 'member list' and then 'more search options' third from the bottom you'll find location.
You might want to try doing that here and on Kitelife too, could strike gold that way.

Hope that helps you and others.

Chris

#4 quaa714

quaa714

REVular poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,976 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 05:49 AM

I am headed to Columbia, South Carolina week of 10-22, - 10-27, for my daughters graduation from boot camp !! smile.png and may find some time to fly, plan on a drive into charlston also , soooo , I am testing the waters, to see who may be around that part of the country ?? Just checking ??

.................................................................................................. Thank's...Eli Russell...aka..Windpoacher

Hey Eli,

I'm a regular in Columbia as my son is a student there at USC. Unfortunately I won't be there at the same time you are.

Lemme know where you end up flying in the area as I have not had the chance to explore there.

"Cya in the Sand!....."

"Slack lines are fine lines!"

"You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows" BD
"One good thing about music, when it hits you feel no pain" BM
av-1950.jpg

#5 bbailey49

bbailey49

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 11:28 AM

Eli, the best places to fly near Fort Jackson may be soccer or softball fields, or any empty lots near the shopping centers.  I never found a good place to fly in town while I was at USC, too many old massive Oaks or tall pines.  Now if you walk out to the beach at the beach access at Bayonne and Station 26 1/2 streets on Sullivan's island near Charleston you will find my favorite kite flying beach.  It's where I learned to fly Revs all by myself.

...ready to fly at a moment's notice

#6 lylenc

lylenc
  • Forum Member
  • 38 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 04:48 PM

For Charleston:

Folly Beach has restrooms and a great pizza place near the beach. A couple blocks before the beach is Crab Shack, excellent restaurant.

Isle of Palms Beach was also a fun fly. Mt Pleasant has a Longhorn Steakhouse - bacon wrapped fillet mignon with shrimp was way over the top excellent. 

I flew at both beaches twice. Free parking available on the side streets off the roads running parallel to both beaches, pay parking on the parallel roads.

"Just One More"
Craig
Walla Walla, WA

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users