Royston Kite Festival Sunday August 4th 2013

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 sthazza

sthazza
  • Forum Member
  • 10 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 01:47 AM

Royston kite festival is this Sunday August 4th 2013 between 10.30 and 17.30.

Here's a link to the website and the programme for the day.

http://www.roystonkitefestival.com

http://www.roystonki...m/Programme.htm

#2 sthazza

sthazza
  • Forum Member
  • 10 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 08:49 AM

I was only able to pop down for a couple of hours but the event was jam packed with people, a really good advertisement for kite flying.

In the arena I managed to catch the Royston Power Kite Flyers, The Essex Flyer and Team Spectrum, all with impressive displays.

To finish off before I left there were two guys, sorry didn't catch the names, flying 1.5 vented revs, it was quite blustery on the Heath today but they did very bell showing off their skills and doing some freestyle work.

Awesome stuff.

#3 oapbillf

oapbillf

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 11:07 AM

I was only able to pop down for a couple of hours but the event was jam packed with people, a really good advertisement for kite flying.

In the arena I managed to catch the Royston Power Kite Flyers, The Essex Flyer and Team Spectrum, all with impressive displays.

To finish off before I left there were two guys, sorry didn't catch the names, flying 1.5 vented revs, it was quite blustery on the Heath today but they did very bell showing off their skills and doing some freestyle work.

Awesome stuff.

That was me and Graham with full-vent and later mid-vent, ani_victory.gif

Yes it was blustery which made it interesting but it was walking up and down the hill that

nearly finished us old fellows off !sad.png

Bill 

#4 sthazza

sthazza
  • Forum Member
  • 10 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 09:28 AM

Yeah it's a pretty steep slope there, I've not flown at Royston before so it was good to check it out, can't have been easy going as it was pretty hot too. Great display though, were you the chap with the braces and hat or the other one?

#5 oapbillf

oapbillf

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 03:43 AM

Yeah it's a pretty steep slope there, I've not flown at Royston before so it was good to check it out, can't have been easy going as it was pretty hot too. Great display though, were you the chap with the braces and hat or the other one?

Purple/grey mid-vent and purple braces to match, still looking for a purple hat !  ani_victory.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users