#1 Watty

Watty

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,867 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 07:05 AM

POPULAR

Just created a tutorial on how to replace a bridle on a Rev. This process is the same for all Rev 1.5 (b-series, exp, masterpieces, etc.), 2, and 1 models, and is very similar to that of the Blast series or Speed series kites.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tywAfuPREck

Spence "Watty" Watson

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#2 Jynx

Jynx

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,025 posts
  • Location:West Allis (Milwaukee) WI ...and... New Smyrna Beach FL winters

Posted 30 May 2013 - 09:20 AM

Incredible job, as usual, Watty!

Saw it posted on Facebook over and over, as so many peeps appreciate all your video work and the clear and decisive instructions!

KUDOS!!!!!!!!!!  ani_notworthy.gif clap2.gif

"When the power of love becomes more important than the love of power,

then there will be peace"

Jimi Hendrix

Posted Image

#3 REVflyer

REVflyer

Rev Guru

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 09:40 AM

Question: shouldn't all of the bridle leg attachments points on the frame "face towards the center of the kite"?, some in the video example faced out instead, lower left corner for example.

Also, shouldn't the kite be lifted-up by the top two bridle attachment points only (where the flying lines adhere) to confirm all the legs are universally tight?

If you want less over-streer & a tighter response, you can add a second (or even a 3rd) pass of the vertical tiny loop thru the larger flying line attachment point.  It forms a prussik knot this way.  Less movement = less counter-hand action to stop a flight commanded rotation.

Your mileage may vary!

#4 TerryB

TerryB

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 09:42 AM

Thanks Watty!
This is just what I was contemplating this weekend if I can't get out to fly.
I have heard it said that the old bridle can be used for sleeving and leaders is that correct?
What a great instructive video
Thanks
Terry

#5 Watty

Watty

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,867 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 02:51 PM

Question: shouldn't all of the bridle leg attachments points on the frame "face towards the center of the kite"?, some in the video example faced out instead, lower left corner for example.

Generally, yea, I think so, but it would make such a minor difference that I wouldn't find it worth worrying about.

Spence "Watty" Watson

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#6 Dayhiker

Dayhiker

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 06:19 PM

My first Revolution kite did not have the leading edge end cap lines attached nor the bottom lines. Kind of a surprise when I was ready to attach my lines for the first attempt at flight. Looked at the top attachments & thought the bridle attachment was very clever. After a few attempts I got them all hooked up. I then proceeded to launch, spin, crash & slide sideways in a true newbie show of determination. No instructions with the kite, no video, oh well, just try. So it went. Many flights later I guess I should check the bridle to see if it's right. Thanks for the great help.

May the forest be with you

"I live back in the woods, you see
A woman & the kids, & the dogs & me"

Bocephus

#7 HedgeWarden

HedgeWarden

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 08:53 AM

Thanks Watty!
This is just what I was contemplating this weekend if I can't get out to fly.
I have heard it said that the old bridle can be used for sleeving and leaders is that correct?
What a great instructive video
Thanks
Terry

I'm saving the old bridle material for sleeving. It is exactly the same line that is used for the thin sleeving on many new line sets. Should be able to cut 8 1 ft (30 cm) sections from the relatively unworn sections of the old bridle - pull out the cored, and wa-la.kid_happy.gif

-Howard
No, this is my first childhood!

#8 HedgeWarden

HedgeWarden

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 05:53 AM

Update on using bridle line for sleeving - unsuccessful! Used bridle line has been under enough stress that the weave is very tightened. After removing the core, I was unable to thread a wire through the center to pull the flight line through. Unused bridle line works great tho.

-Howard
No, this is my first childhood!

#9 Theresa

Theresa

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 577 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 06:52 PM

Update on using bridle line for sleeving - unsuccessful! Used bridle line has been under enough stress that the weave is very tightened. After removing the core, I was unable to thread a wire through the center to pull the flight line through. Unused bridle line works great tho.

See me at WSIKF. I have wire for you that should work :)

#10 Hasek

Hasek
  • Forum Member
  • 22 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 09:45 AM

Thank you Spence for the vid help. I recently picked up an early 90's Rev 1 and the bridle was a bit crunchy. Lolly sent me a bridle (thanks to you as well for the super quick shipping and it's always a pleasure to speak with you) and I just replaced the bridle. It went super smooth and I don't know if I would've done it without your vid Spence.

Thanks again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users