Hello

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Winged V

Winged V
  • Forum Member
  • 15 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 03:19 PM

My name is Rick and I'm from south east Pa.I am Addicted to kite flying so I know I'm speaking to the right people that share my addiction :).I fly pretty much every day when the season allows, day light and work make it tough certain times of the year.

Kite flying for me has been strictly Dual line for the last 15 or so years probably have at least 10,000 hours on the end of the lines.

Well about 5 months ago a friend of mine that I got into kitiing decided to sell this kites and asked if I knew anyone who wanted to to by them....A Widow Maker and a B Series Rev,well no one but me was going to own my Joes kites but me, and so it begins Again except my new addiction is Attached to 4 lines.

I have read pretty much every post on this forum and have a few 100 hours with the Handles in my hands over the winter. Got to fly shoulder to shoulder with Paul LaMasters,Paul Dugard, Scotty Weider,Mike Mosman at Sandy point at the bay bridge in Md which was the most imtimadating kite flying I have EVERY DONE ...all those LINES but got thru it and didn't take any one down :)

Anyway just wanted to say hi and that I have joined the Dark Side,,have not givin up the two lines completly but sure having a Good Time on 4

Rick

#2 pond44

pond44
  • Forum Member
  • 18 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 03:48 PM

Sounds as though you are an accomplished pilot and have been for years, yes the forum is great and a nice bunch of blokes, you may all take a bow, something new everyday. Welcome Rick, good flying. John

"The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas".ani_idea.gif

#3 REVflyer

REVflyer

Rev Guru

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,337 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 04:05 AM

Rick's one of the most exciting dual line pilots you will EVER witness, the kind of fascination where you sit on the tailgate and watch him fly instead of setting up your own stuff.  I watched him fly out of picnic table one time, stuck between the bench seat and table portion with the kite upside down (in a turtle? facing the pilot?)  

He roils up and unrolls between close-set pine trees with a backstop directly behind the kite, all in NO wind.  Absolute control and nowhere to go if things go suddenly wrong.  He's a huge lose the dual line community, but he's crossing over to our darkside because you don't have to be the national champ to fly q-team!  You've just gotta have enough control that you fit in.

On a lark, Rick was convinced to come down to the Blossom Kite Fest w/Dugard and took part in the hot tricks shootout,... Folks he cut thru that competition like an orbital-based laser!  I'm sure he'll have a killer freestyle (OIOU) routine when he mixes in the quads too.

It's a joy to help someone who gets our addiction!  Welcome Winged V (Rick Harmer) to our little corner of the kiting community.

#4 quaa714

quaa714

REVular poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,976 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 04:46 AM

Hahahaha.........Check out Harmer cruisin on in!!!!!!!

Love it!!!!!!!

"Cya in the Sand!....."

"Slack lines are fine lines!"

"You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows" BD
"One good thing about music, when it hits you feel no pain" BM
av-1950.jpg

#5 AldenMiler

AldenMiler

Bazzer P Wannabe

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,435 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 06:51 AM

Who's got the cookies and milk for Rick?

-Alden

"Don't go in there!" RC

#6 stroke survivor

stroke survivor

Hard Core Kite Flier

• Forum Member
  • 1,746 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 09:19 AM

SHHH!!

wayne from portland
You have 2 choices - live on or die!! I ain't the dying type!!!  Also known as "portland flyer" on some forums!

7346824786_f12fcda7bd_s.jpg7770032034_ebc85fc33e_s.jpg7776002900_89d33b664b_s.jpgLogoupdate.png

AKA member

#7 Winged V

Winged V
  • Forum Member
  • 15 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 03:13 PM

Ha ha Paul,just a hack with a lot of time at the end of the lines.
Cookies, humm I like cookies .
Looking forward to flying with you guys SOON !

#8 makatakam

makatakam

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 07:07 PM

Hi, Rick -- and welcome to the darkside. What took you so long? Hahahaha.

Mark

Posted Image

"...it's a fair wind blowin' warm, out of the south over my shoulder, guess I'll set a course and go."
CSN&Y

#9 powerbar

powerbar
  • Forum Member
  • 12 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 03:40 PM

Hi, Rick. Power is my thing. Love to talk with about it

#10 beach

beach

Rev Guru

• Forum Member
  • 1,858 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 09:52 AM

Welcome to the "Family"...... Benani_smoke.gif ani_smoke.gif ani_smoke.gif 

#11 awindofchange

awindofchange

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 883 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 09:54 PM

Welcome to the madness Rick!  Sounds like you are having fun, which is the main reason to fly in the first place. :)

#12 RevWizard

RevWizard

Rev Guru and Historian

• Forum Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,462 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 10:34 PM

Welcome to the forum and welcome to the dark side.

Kent "awindofchange" is the man to speak to about power kiting REVs. Give him a call.

Long John (formerly Mr. R)

STACK International Executive Committee - 6/1996-6/2008
International Rules Book Committee and STACK International Head Judge - 6/2004-6/2008
World Sport Kite Championship Judge - 2004-2005-2006(Chief Judge)
13x 1st - 12x 2nd - 6x 3rd places in 37 overall Quadline individual competitions

Web Site - http://www.johnnmitchell.com/index.html Check it out today!

#13 REVflyer

REVflyer

Rev Guru

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,337 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 04:39 AM

Saw Rick flying the other day at Sandy Point SP with both quads & dualies, man he's such a good flyer. He already owns his inverted hover and has fully grasped the principles of reverse flight, to say nothing of his mastery on Lam's sport kites on 2 string tricks. We watched him while eating lunch doing the most amazing things, stuff where we knew he was stuck w/the walk of shame, Nope! A couple yanks and he's relaunched (but in the fade position), we actually began applause, stood and bowed towards him. We then witnessed him interacting with a family traveling towards the bay water with his B-Pro full sail. We again stood and howled when he captured a tree about shoulder height. Rick is such a welcome addition to our club's activities, eventually my bride will hook him into the NASM museum circuit with his family and indoor kites as well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users